iPhone 5S Naked or in a case?

that_maynard

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Naked or in a case?

The first thing I do when I unbox my iOS products is puta screen protector on, and into a Rokform case it goes! Doing this I have been able to sell every old iPhone for what it cost to buy the new one.

Not sure if those cases will work with the new iOS. The bottom button might make it difficult.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

And you haven't had any problems with scratches? I'd love to go naked, but just fear tiny scratches that would hurt resale.

My original phone yes LOL did get some scuffs but I got a replacement because the sleep/wake button started to break down.

But I wouldn't worry about it, go naked for a bit just to enjoy the phone then put it in a case.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site

My phones always have screen protector and case. My iPhone 5 has anti glare screen protector and a light case on now. I don't like big cases makes the phone look to big.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

I was going to go with no case until I saw the RED leather case apple will be selling so I'm gonna purchase that along with my silver iphone 5s.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site

It looks like my Seidio Surface Reveal case will fit the 5s so I'll probably throw that on initially.

gseed

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site

I already ordered a cheap clear case on ebay. It's an iPhone 5 case, so hopefully it will work but if not I'll go and buy a different one. I've used an iSkin in the past - not as bulky as an otterbox, even if it's not as much protection. In the end, I'm looking forward to the 5s fitting more slenderly in my pocket than the 4s

kriss76

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site

Purchased a gold glitter Case-Mate case for my future gold iphone 5s (hurry up Friday)! I wish I was brave enough to go without a case, but I'm too particular about my phone.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

No case for me. My husband wants to get a hard case. Will an iPhone 5 case work? I know the camera is different...will that matter?

Yes the dual LED flash will be something to think about because if the hole isn't big enough you would be covering up one of the LEDs or messing it up. Also the home button with the firngerprint scanner is another thing to think about. If the case covers the home button then the scanner then you can't use the scanner. However if it's one of those cases that is just open on the front then the flash is your only worry.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Prefer no case, but must say its not so bad with the lifeproof case.

Yes I have my 5 in one and I love that it protects it like a Defender case but it's still slim and light. The only issue I have with the Lifeproof is that the headphone adapter that you screw in interferes with the play/pause music controls on the the headphone mic. My wife doesn't use music on her iPhone much so that wont be an issue for her though.

Mic2cool7

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Going commando here. I can't stand cases! Even the slim ones I have tried bug me. I usually can go a month with a small case but I eventually get rid of it. Only protection I like is a screen protector. I think with the 5s I'll try the leather cases they are making or a set of bumpers.

MatttMN

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Really appreciate this thread. I'm coming from owning Android phones, always had a screen protector, never a case. I keep mine in my pocket and don't want any more bulk, so was planning to go sans-case plus protector with the 5S in space gray.

Any especially thin/transparent recommendations to protect from scratches?

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd say don't go caseless unless you buy AppleCare+. Worst comes to worst if you have it, you can pay $79 for a replacement unit.

I'm getting the tan leather case. Use a fab shell Speck case on my 5.

Have gone caseless sometimes, but I like having it in the same pocket as my keys, so need a case more often than not.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I have used bookbook for two years, not just because I wanted an iPhone case but because it replaces my wallet so that I only have to carry around one thing in my pocket. So all my cards and cash and drivers license and iPhone are altogether and my iPhone is protected. I do you take it out of its case at night and put it on a desktop stand by my bed to charge and use naked when I am in bed.

That kind of case seriously gives me the willies...I've had my phone stolen before, right out of my purse, and the idea of my ID, cards and phone ALL going at once? No.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

That kind of case seriously gives me the willies...I've had my phone stolen before, right out of my purse, and the idea of my ID, cards and phone ALL going at once? No.

Find My iPhone. You can track them both.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

I already have my Otterbox defender picked out. I do like the feel of the phone without one, but I feel much better with a case on. Besides, my cat loves to knock my phone off of the table on a regular basis and it needs to be safe.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm leaning towards bypassing a case and screen protector all together this phone and putting square trade insurance on it. I just have to decide if I can deal with potential wear from every day use regardless of being careful with it. I went without a screen protector that last 3 months of using my iphone 5 and I'm very happy with that decision.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73