iPhone 5S Naked or in a case?

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Naked or in a case?

I normally carry all of my iphones with a case they are too nice to put in a case got the apple care so i am going naked for the first few weeks then i plan on going with the element special ops shell at its expensive but i have them before and it still feels good and doesn't look like everyone else's

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Rock it with out a case.

​Yes it a minor investment. But enjoy it on how Apple intended it to be.

If Apple really intended for it to be used without a case, why did they show off their cases for it at the Announcement?

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

If I get the 5S, the first thing I'll do before even setting it up will be to apply a screen protector and a Speck case.

jbuck387

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

The first thing I do when I unbox my iOS products is puta screen protector on, and into a Rokform case it goes! Doing this I have been able to sell every old iPhone for what it cost to buy the new one.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

If Apple really intended for it to be used without a case, why did they show off their cases for it at the Announcement?

I was thinking the same thing. Apple intends for you to rock it with one of their new leather cases. 😊

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I am going with the same configuration I have on my 4S which is a Zagg Smudgeproof Screen Protector and a Seidio Convert Combo case with combo meaning it is a 3 layer of protection but not thick like Otterbox and it comes with a nice holster that has a swivel belt clip. I will also be getting Applecare + like I did with my 4S. This has always worked best for me and my lifestyle between work and home. I am just a big Seidio and Zagg fan!!

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site

No case for me. My husband wants to get a hard case. Will an iPhone 5 case work? I know the camera is different...will that matter?

FritzDaCat

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

It's called an upsell ;) I doubt if they care whether you put it in a case or not but if you're going to, they'd love you to buy theirs .

I may go without a case this time-- I tend to take pretty good care of mine. Plus, I use mine for video a lot and I hate having to take cases on and off for aftermarket mounting devices, lenses, etc...

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site

I really really really want to have the guts to go without a case, I like the sleek design, I like the feel without a case, I dislike the fact that even a thin case seems to add significant size to the phone. But I am always too worried about scratches and damaging resale value. So I will probably end up going with a case. But maybe the new gold color will be enough to convince me to go without.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

If I get one I will keep my BookBook case. I'm not sure that I can part with it. I have tried other cases and even have tried going naked but I always come back to the a BookBook.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

In a Case ... always in a case. In fact I was more stoked about the new Apple leather case at the announcement than anything else.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Naked baby!

I've kept my 5 naked since launch and loved it will do the same for the 5S.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

If I get one I will keep my BookBook case. I'm not sure that I can part with it. I have tried other cases and even have tried going naked but I always come back to the a BookBook.

I have used bookbook for two years, not just because I wanted an iPhone case but because it replaces my wallet so that I only have to carry around one thing in my pocket. So all my cards and cash and drivers license and iPhone are altogether and my iPhone is protected. I do you take it out of its case at night and put it on a desktop stand by my bed to charge and use naked when I am in bed.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner