I bought the black leather case that Apple sells, man is this case perfect. Feather light and very thing. Actually makes the 5s feel better in the hand.
    daisylin24 likes this.
    09-23-2013 12:03 AM
    I bought the black leather case that Apple sells, man is this case perfect. Feather light and very thing. Actually makes the 5s feel better in the hand.
    I completely agree! I've gone through so many cases but this one takes the cake!
    09-23-2013 12:14 AM
    I completely agree! I've gone through so many cases but this one takes the cake!
    Yeah, it feels perfect in the hand. Amazing how well it was designed.
    09-23-2013 12:15 AM
    My Zagg came yesterday so I have finally been able to role semi nude lol. I had it in a Defender case until yesterday to keep it safe. It feels amazing using it without a case although I have to get used to it because not having it in a case changes my whole routine.

iPhone 5S Naked or in a case?-dscn1808.jpg

iPhone 5S Naked or in a case?-dscn1809.jpg

iPhone 5S Naked or in a case?-dscn1810.jpg
    09-24-2013 01:36 PM
    I have always had my iPhone's naked. I like the Apple leather case so much that I think I'll keep it around for a while.

I'm sure I'll get sick of it soon enough.
    09-24-2013 01:53 PM
    The only thing I don't like about naked is that the phone is a little slippery to hold one handed. I put some egrips on it and that solved the problem for me. I keep the phone in a pocket by itself, so I don't worry about scratches. I just have to worry about dropping it after a few beers.
    dkhmwilliams and Rocket_Girl like this.
    09-24-2013 02:30 PM
    I have always had my iPhone's naked. I like the Apple leather case so much that I think I'll keep it around for a while.

I'm sure I'll get sick of it soon enough.
    Me too. After all the great reports, I went out and got the Apple red leather case. It does feel really good in your hands.

I never used to use cases (or only briefly because they didn't feel good in my hand). But I noticed in the past couple of months with my 5 that I felt like it wasn't as secure in my hand even though I'd had it since launch. I think the culprit is that I've lost a bunch of weight (including in my fingers so there's less meat to grab on to the phone) and now my hands are more likely to be cold instead of warm which seems to make me more likely to drop it. At least that's my theory on why it doesn't feel as secure in my hands because it is better than the alternative that I'm just getting older ;-)

Anyway just picked up the case this afternoon and I'm liking it so far. Time will tell though of I keep it on or not.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    09-24-2013 07:43 PM
    Always use a case (Aviiq Thin Case) and screen protector.
    09-24-2013 08:34 PM
    Always naked for me. I *hate* screen protectors, I'm not bothered by teeny scratches or dings and have t-mobile jump in case of major incidents. Plus I'm a gadget-aholic who changes phones at the drop of a hat and usually don't have one longer than 6 to 12 months!
    09-24-2013 11:10 PM
    Always naked for me. I *hate* screen protectors, I'm not bothered by teeny scratches or dings and have t-mobile jump in case of major incidents. Plus I'm a gadget-aholic who changes phones at the drop of a hat and usually don't have one longer than 6 to 12 months!
    Why do you hate screen protectors?

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a classic black BookBook case. FTW!
    Ipheuria likes this.
    09-25-2013 07:06 AM
    Why do you hate screen protectors?

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a classic black BookBook case. FTW!
    I cannot speak for karmarule, but I don't like screen protectors because they always feel sticky to me and my fingers don't slide as easily as they do on the glass. However I have not tried the thin glass screen protectors that you can get now.
    09-25-2013 08:44 AM
    If you get the right screen protector, you can't even feel em. I use the crystal ones usually, or the HD Zagg, and I have never even noticed them.
    dkhmwilliams likes this.
    09-25-2013 08:59 AM
    If you get the right screen protector, you can't even feel em. I use the crystal ones usually, or the HD Zagg, and I have never even noticed them.
    I have a screen protector that I got from the AT&T store called gadget guardz and it awesome. I had the sales rep put it in and she did it perfectly. It is HD so it doesn't have that grainy look. Very happy with it.

09-25-2013 10:45 AM
    09-25-2013 10:49 AM
    I'm using the Spigen Tough Armor case on mine, with a cheap screen protector from the verizon store. Tough Armor is a pretty good alternative to the Otterbox Commuter case. Spigen Slim Armor is another good one that looks similar to the tough armor, but without as much lay on the table protection.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DMKGSOW...mUvbUpU2089751
    09-25-2013 10:59 AM
    I added a Spigen ultra crystal screen protector today. I can't even tell it's there. I'm pretty sure I'll eventually pick up leather cases in black and maybe red too.
    ame likes this.
    09-25-2013 11:31 AM
    Mine went from the box straight into an Otterbox Defender. Coming from an iPhone 4, I'm pleased with the new Defender, the material is better and the whole thing is slightly thinner and lighter thanks to the iPhone 5s. I actually don't mind Space Grey being in a case, it's nice looking but I don't feel badly about it. My old 4 always impressed me when I had it out naked. I wish I was brave enough to roll with it that way.
    09-25-2013 01:32 PM
    I'm using the Spigen Tough Armor case on mine, with a cheap screen protector from the verizon store. Tough Armor is a pretty good alternative to the Otterbox Commuter case. Spigen Slim Armor is another good one that looks similar to the tough armor, but without as much lay on the table protection.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DMKGSOW...mUvbUpU2089921
    I thought about getting one of these. It looks like a great alternative to the commuter case.

09-25-2013 01:56 PM
    I added a Spigen ultra crystal screen protector today. I can't even tell it's there. I'm pretty sure I'll eventually pick up leather cases in black and maybe red too.
    That's the one I am going with this time.
    09-25-2013 02:12 PM
    Always use a case, but I hate screen protectors. I love the look of the phone naked, but find it too slippery and uncomfortable to hold at times. My 5s is in the red Apple case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-25-2013 05:20 PM
    After reading all these posts, I have a tan leather Apple case on order, although I usually do not use a case.
    09-25-2013 05:46 PM
    Just got a Rokform V3 for my new space grey 5s 64 that I got on launch day. Clip, lanyard, anti slip mag grip, and roklock on the dash of the ford and lilrok mag mount in the rover. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    09-25-2013 07:06 PM
    My i5S is a nudist I don`t really like cases so will try to keep it in a good shape without.
    09-25-2013 08:10 PM
    I also picked up the black leather apple case. Love it!
    09-25-2013 08:13 PM

My red leather apple case with my white silver iPhone 5S. I can't roll naked. It just to risky.
    09-25-2013 09:14 PM
458 ... 45678 ...