Purchased a gold glitter Case-Mate case for my future gold iphone 5s (hurry up Friday)! I wish I was brave enough to go without a case, but I'm too particular about my phone.
    Ipheuria and JoyfulHeart35 like this.
    09-15-2013 10:41 PM
    No case for me. My husband wants to get a hard case. Will an iPhone 5 case work? I know the camera is different...will that matter?
    Yes the dual LED flash will be something to think about because if the hole isn't big enough you would be covering up one of the LEDs or messing it up. Also the home button with the firngerprint scanner is another thing to think about. If the case covers the home button then the scanner then you can't use the scanner. However if it's one of those cases that is just open on the front then the flash is your only worry.
    09-16-2013 09:24 AM
    Prefer no case, but must say its not so bad with the lifeproof case.
    Yes I have my 5 in one and I love that it protects it like a Defender case but it's still slim and light. The only issue I have with the Lifeproof is that the headphone adapter that you screw in interferes with the play/pause music controls on the the headphone mic. My wife doesn't use music on her iPhone much so that wont be an issue for her though.
    09-16-2013 09:26 AM
    Going commando here. I can't stand cases! Even the slim ones I have tried bug me. I usually can go a month with a small case but I eventually get rid of it. Only protection I like is a screen protector. I think with the 5s I'll try the leather cases they are making or a set of bumpers.
    09-16-2013 04:37 PM
    Really appreciate this thread. I'm coming from owning Android phones, always had a screen protector, never a case. I keep mine in my pocket and don't want any more bulk, so was planning to go sans-case plus protector with the 5S in space gray.

Any especially thin/transparent recommendations to protect from scratches?
    09-17-2013 12:34 PM
    I'd say don't go caseless unless you buy AppleCare+. Worst comes to worst if you have it, you can pay $79 for a replacement unit.

I'm getting the tan leather case. Use a fab shell Speck case on my 5.

Have gone caseless sometimes, but I like having it in the same pocket as my keys, so need a case more often than not.
    09-17-2013 12:42 PM
    I have used bookbook for two years, not just because I wanted an iPhone case but because it replaces my wallet so that I only have to carry around one thing in my pocket. So all my cards and cash and drivers license and iPhone are altogether and my iPhone is protected. I do you take it out of its case at night and put it on a desktop stand by my bed to charge and use naked when I am in bed.
    That kind of case seriously gives me the willies...I've had my phone stolen before, right out of my purse, and the idea of my ID, cards and phone ALL going at once? No.
    09-17-2013 02:58 PM
    That kind of case seriously gives me the willies...I've had my phone stolen before, right out of my purse, and the idea of my ID, cards and phone ALL going at once? No.
    Find My iPhone. You can track them both.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!
    09-17-2013 04:06 PM
    I already have my Otterbox defender picked out. I do like the feel of the phone without one, but I feel much better with a case on. Besides, my cat loves to knock my phone off of the table on a regular basis and it needs to be safe.
    09-17-2013 04:14 PM
    Find My iPhone. You can track them both.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!
    All the way up til the phone is turned off. Then you're hosed.
    09-17-2013 05:38 PM
    I'm leaning towards bypassing a case and screen protector all together this phone and putting square trade insurance on it. I just have to decide if I can deal with potential wear from every day use regardless of being careful with it. I went without a screen protector that last 3 months of using my iphone 5 and I'm very happy with that decision.
    09-17-2013 05:44 PM
    All my other iPhones I've started off with various different cases but always resort to having the phone naked. There's just something about the feel of having a naked iPhone in your hand that adds to the experience.

I don't think i'll bother wasting money on cases this time around, i'll be covered by my insurance anyway.
    09-17-2013 08:49 PM
    All my other iPhones I've started off with various different cases but always resort to having the phone naked. There's just something about the feel of having a naked iPhone in your hand that adds to the experience.

I don't think i'll bother wasting money on cases this time around, i'll be covered by my insurance anyway.
    I say this to myself all the time until I drop my phone and get a nick or scratch. Then I case up.

09-17-2013 09:15 PM
    All the way up til the phone is turned off. Then you're hosed.
    That is true. It is a risk you take.

09-18-2013 05:07 AM
    09-18-2013 11:45 AM
    Naked always. I like to just stir at it sometimes.
    09-18-2013 01:46 PM
    I hate having a case on my precious baby. I also hate all the screen protectors. But it really depends on the environment around you, and your behavior. I am Egyptian, I live in Qatar. Since everything is quite here in Qatar I do not really use a case, or even a screen protector. I always keep a free pocket for my iPhone (or any other smartphone I had), everything else as keys, and wallet also tissue goes to the other pocket(s).

But when I travel back to Egypt for a short summer holiday, since it's a holiday and I get to spend more time out having fun. I always get a silicon or a plastic case for my iPhone to protect it, but that's a temporary case. I instantly stop using it once I land in Qatar.

It also depends if you have kids or not, and if their behavior too. If you had cases before where they threw / dropped your smartphones then you need an otterbox, not only a silicon or plastic case. If not, you should be safe.

Although I never use a case, or a screen protector I tend to keep my iPhone scratch free for as long as I own it. I had an iPhone 4S 2 years ago, it stayed with me for a year, then when BlackBerry 10 was introduced I wanted to give it a try so my mom decided to take my iPhone 4S... Now I feel sad for that phone, it is full of scratches, coffee stains and much more. Now that I am planning to move back to iPhones again I don't think I will use a case.

*I get crazy when it comes to scratches. I bought an iPad Mini 3 months ago when I was in a short holiday in San Francisco, but because I allowed my family to share it with me and they treated it carelessly just like everything else, it of course go scratched. One day later I decided to give them the iPad Mini, and get myself a new one that none of them was allowed even to touch...
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
    09-18-2013 06:11 PM
    i know i will when i get mine
    09-20-2013 11:26 AM
    If I were ordering one, it would not be hidden inside a case after I received it....
    bgl321 likes this.
    09-20-2013 11:38 AM
    I bought a black leather case, one of the new ones. I had planned on doing that though, that's actually a big reason I waited at the Apple store all night instead of going to a carrier store. :P
    09-20-2013 11:44 AM
    Not me, I never got a case for my previous iPhones, but this one feels like It needs more caring
    09-20-2013 11:48 AM
    i know i will when i get mine
    I'll probably be tossing the usual cheap Chinese clear plastic case over it to keep it from getting scratched.
    09-20-2013 11:51 AM
    I went naked with my 5 and it ended up looking like I got silver and black. Not slate and black. LOL.
    bgl321, jerryjin and Rocket_Girl like this.
    09-20-2013 11:53 AM
    I had zero, ZERO, intentions of getting a case. Now that I am holding this beauty, I am going to get one. Easily the most beautiful device I have owned, the one most worth showing off, and my chickens##t behind is casing her.

PS, I have missed you OP
    Last edited by finn5975; 09-20-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    bgl321 and Rocket_Girl like this.
    09-20-2013 11:59 AM
    I'll be going through the usual assortment of new cases for the 5. Got an offer just this morning from a new company with an impressive looking case. I'll have it before I have my 5S!
    kataran likes this.
    09-20-2013 12:01 PM
458 12345 ...