iPhone 5S Naked or in a case?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't believe someone hasn't asked yet. So who is rolling naked and who is going with a case?

Every iPhone I have ever owned has been in a case from day 1. Starting with my 4 I got heavy duty cases. Otterbox Defender on my 4 and Lifeproof on my 5. This time though I'm going with a different strategy. I have always been jealous of people I see with their iPhones without a case. I only get to enjoy the beauty of mine when I take it out to clean it.

So this time my strategy is get Applecare + and I have already ordered my Zagg body armor. It covers the screen, back and sides to protect it from fingerprints and smudges. Then if I drop the phone and crack the screen or spill liquid on it I just take it in for a replacement. The funny part is I will have my Zagg stuff before I've even ordered my phone lol.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Naked or in a case?

I'm using the bodyguardz pure screen protector on my 5 with a speck case, I'm really liking the apple leather cases though, I'm thinking of going with a spigen thin glass screen protector and a leather case. But I do see the appeal of naked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I can't believe someone hasn't asked yet. So who is rolling naked and who is going with a case?

Every iPhone I have ever owned has been in a case from day 1. Starting with my 4 I got heavy duty cases. Otterbox Defender on my 4 and Lifeproof on my 5. This time though I'm going with a different strategy. I have always been jealous of people I see with their iPhones without a case. I only get to enjoy the beauty of mine when I take it out to clean it.

So this time my strategy is get Applecare + and I have already ordered my Zagg body armor. It covers the screen, back and sides to protect it from fingerprints and smudges. Then if I drop the phone and crack the screen or spill liquid on it I just take it in for a replacement. The funny part is I will have my Zagg stuff before I've even ordered my phone lol.

I'm using a case mate.
In buying my iPhone 5s 64 gig out right. So I might as well take good care of it

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2 pro

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Rock it with out a case.

​Yes it a minor investment. But enjoy it on how Apple intended it to be.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I *NEVER* roll naked. NEVER. I put screen protectors on immediately, and a Speck on immediately. I already have my candyshell for the 5S (I might have bought one well in advance because I might have planned on a 5 a while back and then held out...)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

I bought proclip mounts that work with cases. So it's too much of a hassle to take the case off all the time. Feels better with a case on anyway and the screen is all that matters.

v6mikey

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I am still on my first iPhone which is the 4s. I bought it outright nearly two years ago and since then I have had around six different cases on it. None of them have lasted longer than a week. I love the feel of it without a case and I cannot cope with any screen protectors as they just don't feel right. So if I buy the 5s it will have to go naked.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

For the first time in my iPhone life, I'm considering buying one of the cases when I get the phone...and mainly because I'm afraid the shock of a major drop could cause some havoc on that fingerprint scanning system (given it has several small pieces working all together right on the exterior of the phone). Haven't made a decision 100% just yet, but I think I'm going to buy the black Apple case that they showed in the keynote.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I am still on my first iPhone which is the 4s. I bought it outright nearly two years ago and since then I have had around six different cases on it. None of them have lasted longer than a week. I love the feel of it without a case and I cannot cope with any screen protectors as they just don't feel right. So if I buy the 5s it will have to go naked.

I've always had the same problem with screen protectors up until I got one of the tempered glass protectors . These things are awesome. No finger stick, orange peel, easy scratching . Just like going without a protector with the exception of the home button which is a little tough to get to with the bodyguardz as it is a bit thicker than others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I agree with Sean; if I were going to pick up a 5s, I probably would rock with a case just because of the new technology incorporated in the phone. I woulnd't want to disrupt the fingerprint scanner and possibly lock myself out of the phone!

I have a Ballistics case for my 5, but it comes on and off. Most of the time I don't use it; I LOVE the look and feel of my black 5 without the case. I have never broken ANY phone I have ever had until my 4s a few months ago, which is why I purchased a case for my 5.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I have several cases that I switch around with. I agree with those who say that the naked phone is preferable. It is a great work of visual art that is a shame to cover up. However, I cannot control accidental drops (as they are accidents) and the dog-gone thing is so thin I can barely pick it up from a hard flat surface. And that makes it even easier to drop. That being said, mine goes naked on the weekends when I am just sitting around the house or watching a movie with the family.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Yea I will throw my case on when I go out, not just to protect it but also to set it apart from other phones in a public place.

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

I just ordered the Otterbox Defender for the 5s. I always like to have the greatest amount of protection on my phone.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I just ordered the Otterbox Defender for the 5s. I always like to have the greatest amount of protection on my phone.

when you get it let me know how they handle the Touch ID sensor. I'm intrigued how they will cover it but have it still be functional.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I agree with Sean; if I were going to pick up a 5s, I probably would rock with a case just because of the new technology incorporated in the phone. I woulnd't want to disrupt the fingerprint scanner and possibly lock myself out of the phone!

I have a Ballistics case for my 5, but it comes on and off. Most of the time I don't use it; I LOVE the look and feel of my black 5 without the case. I have never broken ANY phone I have ever had until my 4s a few months ago, which is why I purchased a case for my 5.

Just like App store purchases I think there will still be an option to use the passcode to unlock. If you have Applecare+ you could replace the phone.

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

when you get it let me know how they handle the Touch ID sensor. I'm intrigued how they will cover it but have it still be functional.

Will do! Hopefully it'll arrive before the the 5s. I think what they've done is have a screen protector covering the entire front of the phone and a circular cutout for the home button. No more rubber covering it.

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

Plan on keeping mine no case just like my last 3. Only one small scratch in my 4 screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh