iPhone 5S Naked or in a case?

dobermansrule

May 23, 2013
Visit site
naked 80% of the time.

its too nice to keep all protected

lifeproof Nuud when i do yard work / swim / anything outside

rest of the time it's in my apple leather case

You might want to watch out about how many times you open the case. It is only rated for about 50 times, give or take a few...

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Case? Why cover the beauty? I've had ghost armor skin on all my iPhones. Here is my latest matte finish on my space gray. It looks great! It offers better grip and protects from scratches. Ofcouse I don't expect drop protection. That's the risk I will take cause I really hate cases.

Attachments

• Photo on 10-5-13 at 3.43 PM.jpg
    Photo on 10-5-13 at 3.43 PM.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 145
  • Photo on 10-5-13 at 3.43 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 10-5-13 at 3.43 PM #2.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 147

Eskemo30

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Naked or in a case?

If Apple really intended for it to be used without a case, why did they show off their cases for it at the Announcement?

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

I think those were mainly for the 5c. not sure how the cases really hold up but probably just another way to make money.

GlennRuss

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

I have always had a belt clip case. I like the Seidio combo case. I work outside, and it is a tough case. Others seemed too thick.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Apple leather case for me. I take it off on occasion to clean out the dust and debris.

I like the phone naked. It looks great. But it feels... I dunno. Vulnerable? I want to say "fragile" but, it also feels very solid. Luckily, the Apple leather cases look fantastic as well.

Buckshot 66

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I personally don't use a case. That being said I can't stand when people say they don't use a case because "that's how apple intended it to be". Apple intended for the phone to be sold, they could care less what you put the phone in.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
A naked iPhone is just amazingly small n light. It doesn't feel like u r lugging a brick. That's why ppl wanna roll naked n show off as well. I am going full body wrapped my 5s as well as a case but something minimal. That is my version or my aim for "nude" iPhone.

PurseCrayons6

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I really like using my smokin' hot silver iPhone 5s without a case! I did come upon a neon pink iHome case for $5.14 & had been using it since I bought the case! The case does work my nerve cause I have to take the bottom part off so I can plug my car iPod cord into it! So I thought oh nothing will happen to my phone, I'll just take the case off! Only had the case on for less than an hour when I dropped it onto the street! I screamed & cried like the girl I am! I had planned on exchanging my silver phone for the gold before my 30 days are up! But not now, for my poor phone has a scratch on the top, a scratch on the streaker & a ding on the bottom by the headphone port! I'm crushed cause I'm usually very careful! Needless to say it's back in it case & I'll be going to get a Zagg screen protector on it tomorrow! I guess this little puppy can't play with the big dogs & go without a case! 🐶 So, this pup will just chill on the porch!!!

rahrah12

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Just received mine...going naked for the moment but i'll definitely do some research and checking to see which case I will be using...probably within 1-2 weeks I'll have one.

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
what gets me all the time is that when I take the case off of my phone, it looks so incredibly fantastic that I want to keep it off.

Same here!!

.....except then i chicken out 30 seconds later and make haste to reinstall the case before a massive tragedy happens.....

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods