Using Common sense or say to Hell with it?

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I have had the iPhone 5 since release day last year, I typically buy every iphone that comes out, because I enjoy playing with new things and to ensure the best resale value when I sell my old device to buy the new one.

Well I`m at a point in my life where the only thing I do on my phone is imessage, instagram, facebook, twitter, candy crush, email, and surf the web.

I already took Friday the 20th off to purchase the 16gb 5S, and I have locked in a sale price of 315 with gazelle for my 16gb iphone 5 (side note,I locked in the price but I still plan on throwing the phone on craigslist for more to see how much I can get especially since the 5 is discontinued)

So worst case scenario since I dont have an upgrade my iphone 5S would run to be 688 with tax and 373 after facoring in my trade in.

My sole purpose of buying the 5S is because 1.I want the better camera, and 2. I have an upgrade Dec 2014 and March 2015, so I can buy the iphone 6 for 200 and profit about 150+ when I sell the 5s, and repeat the cycle for the 6S.

Outside of those 2 things, I don't need the 5S what so ever since there is no redesign.

What do you guys think? Keep my 400 bucks because I can use it for something else, or say to hell with it and get it?

I`m sure iOS7 will give my 5 new life, as I purposefully did not download it to be able to enjoy the 5S even more (and I was doing all of the iOS 7 stuff on my 3Gs and 4 via jailbreak)

lol some people blow their money on alcohol and partying, etc I spend my money on Tech, but I`m about to turn 25 so its not like I`m still in my college days where the new iphoen was bragging rights.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If it ain't broke....

Honestly, why NOT hold off? In a month or so, if you decide you can't live without it, the 5s will be there if you choose to get one. At that time, check out craigslist and price the 5 you want to get rid of. It's really your call here.

Good luck with your decision; either way you will have a great device with an awesome new os to play with!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why not use common sense AND say to hell with it? lol...I never see a problem with doing both.

Common sense would apply more to buying the iPhone if you've squared away things that are more pertinent to survival and responsibilities...if you've got your sh*t together, and you have some extra money, common sense really isn't relevant, because in life, you have to fulfill wants or what's the point?

Saying to hell with it is awesome to do sometimes...I said to hell with it one day a few weeks ago and bought a kayak, and while I know I'll get good usage out of it, It was just on a whim and because I wanted it.

To hell with it, use common sense and buy the phone you want, lol!

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Why not use common sense AND say to hell with it? lol...I never see a problem with doing both.

Common sense would apply more to buying the iPhone if you've squared away things that are more pertinent to survival and responsibilities...if you've got your sh*t together, and you have some extra money, common sense really isn't relevant, because in life, you have to fulfill wants or what's the point?

Saying to hell with it is awesome to do sometimes...I said to hell with it one day a few weeks ago and bought a kayak, and while I know I'll get good usage out of it, It was just on a whim and because I wanted it.

To hell with it, use common sense and buy the phone you want, lol!

lol true, I`m more so thinking about having that extra money to put in savings or treating myself. I`m not using rent money or anything like that, and I will be getting a raise at work in October (dont know how much)

Do you guys really think the camera will be that much better? Like when I went from the 4s to 5 the camera was better in low light but it wasnt OMG diff, but with this being that they are tweaking more things I`m wondering. Like I said app wise I only use like 3-4 apps and none or graphic intensive.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol true, I`m more so thinking about having that extra money to put in savings or treating myself. I`m not using rent money or anything like that, and I will be getting a raise at work in October (dont know how much)

Do you guys really think the camera will be that much better? Like when I went from the 4s to 5 the camera was better in low light but it wasnt OMG diff, but with this being that they are tweaking more things I`m wondering. Like I said app wise I only use like 3-4 apps and none or graphic intensive.

I think it will be a bigger difference than what you saw between the 4S and the 5, simply because they actually did some useful modifications this time, instead of following the same trend of just adding MP's to the formula and making it "sound" good. I doubt it's going to just blow your mind, but it's certainly going to offer a better result, especially for low light pictures.

I mean the extra features alone are probably going to make a lot of people giddy and they don't even really have to do with the build of the camera itself.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73