Who else sold their current phone early? What are you using to tide you over?

dolomatt

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Sold my 64g iphone 5 on ebay for 540 last week. Been using a htc one since. Not bad but I cant stand the music players and the bluetooth. Playing BT through my car speakers sounds horrible compared to the iphone. Otherwise its nice. Dual front speakers are awesome.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
sold iphone 5 , currently using the moto x until i can get my iphone 5s on the 20th (whyyyyyyyyy apple can't we pre order the 5c folks shouldn't be the only one's up tonight waiting like its holiday time) let me in... anyway can't wait ohhh i am getting the Space Gray looks great...

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I have placed advert for my phone... in the meantime (while i get the new 5s black) i will be using an "Alcatel one touch" laughs not a smartphone but will make calls!

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Sold my 64g iphone 5 on ebay for 540 last week. Been using a htc one since. Not bad but I cant stand the music players and the bluetooth. Playing BT through my car speakers sounds horrible compared to the iphone. Otherwise its nice. Dual front speakers are awesome.

Really, it is that bad with BT. My brother has a One GPe, but he does not have BT in his car to test it. That was the only Android phone that I liked. But if streaming through BT is bad, then that is a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my iPhone 7

spiff_p239

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using a Moto X after selling my iPhone 5 2 weeks ago. While I love the phone itself other than the fact that screen visibility in the sun kind of sucks, I've realized that I really do not like Android. I'll be setting my alarm to wake up at 2:45am Eastern time to see if I can reserve a 5s for pickup in store on launch day. If not, I'll be heading to the Verizon store an hour before opening to try to pick one up there.

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I sold my phone early, but was frustrated by my first experience selling something on ebay . . Listed my BB to make room for the ip5s, great condition, nice write-up, clear pictures, threw in leather holster/otterbox/gel cases and 2 batteries, the winning bid was $43 . . Not a real happy camper, but I guess thats the chance one takes . . should have set a minimum but didn't think that would be necessary having watched some other similar phones go for twice as much.

I stopped doing bidding, I just do buy now or start a bid at the lowest I want for my item I was not impressed with the results and considering I am always expecting a certain amount, its a safer bet. I would rather sell my item for a little less than most other buy now items, than risk selling it for 1/2, 1/3, or even less. If you are trying to get rid of something you don't think has much value, I understand the bidding. If you have money and don't care how much you get for your item, then bidding is also good for the possible lucky one with a great deal, but if you are selling a mobile phone I put a low expected amount as a minimum bid or what I want as the buy now price. I'll probably be putting my i5 up for sale soon (don't have a replacement phone otherwise I would now and with sprint you have to have a phone on your line) so ill probably sell it for buy now as I think there is an observant amount of i5's on eBay and getting a good bid may be hard. Hopefully I can get enough for a 32gb i5s and possibly apple care? (Is it worth it? My phones are usually in great condition so I am not sure it's needed? Apples warranty should cover manufacturer issues right?

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using a Moto X after selling my iPhone 5 2 weeks ago. While I love the phone itself other than the fact that screen visibility in the sun kind of sucks, I've realized that I really do not like Android. I'll be setting my alarm to wake up at 2:45am Eastern time to see if I can reserve a 5s for pickup in store on launch day. If not, I'll be heading to the Verizon store an hour before opening to try to pick one up there.

Totally understandable. I do have a question though. As far as it running, does the fact it was made by google/moto pay off as far as performance? While I do not want another android phone, I do believe android has its positives and isn't a horrible system but is plaqued by bad hardware, bad optimizations or both. It's my understanding the moto x is optimized by google and its my hope that this finally brings android to a more reliable experience as far as performance and battery life, similar to the iPhone. Has this happened? Or is one of your issues with performance. I was impressed by the moto x mostly because it could be androids "iPhone" ,at least on the reliability front. I have friends and family who are just die hard android users but keep having bad experiences with android but don't want to leave. They all are interested in the moto x so I am hoping they can have the same kind of reliable performance I expect from my iPhone. I choose iPhone because of its reliability yes, but I love the app quality, and ios7 so I no longer have interest in android myself, however people shouldn't have to choose one platform over the other based completely on just reliability! Personally I think my family and brothers are stubborn because they would actually love ios, (they don't customize anything on android, they don't root, they don't download apps outside of the market, they don't. Do anything they couldn't do on ios) but they refuse to try something new. It is their choice, but I know that they are not alone. Many people try something once and then don't want change later, even if it is better for them. It's for these people that there needs to be a reliable option. That is what I hoped for in the moto x.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I considered selling mine to Gazelle or someone before the 5s comes out but since my 5 has a broken power button, it won't be worth much to anyone. I may just hold onto this phone in case I have any issues with the 5s. Otherwise I have a BlackBerry 9650 sitting in a closet somewhere that is my backup. And going back to that BB is painful.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Go to an Apple store or a certified Apple repair place and get them to fix the power button or give you a new phone. And do it quickly because your 1 year warranty is almost up.

Well unfortunately this is a refurbished phone from an insurance claim through Verizon. The earpiece is also impossibly quiet. So I'm sure Apple wouldn't do anything since its a refurb from Assuron.

PurseCrayons6

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I sold my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on eBay for $365 & will be using a iPhone 4 (slow as a snail) until I can get my new iPhone 5s in GOLD!!! I had a 4s before the Note 2 but got so tired off all the bloat ware that always updated & want me to use it instead of the apps I used!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Sold my 5 for 430 bucks and am using it till I get my 5s I just put the stipulations on my eBay auction 2nd year i have done it this way now as long as I don't drop my 5 I am good lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Donnee

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I've been using a bold 9790 since my original 4s suffered some gravity damage about 18 months ago (was cheaper to trade in and replace than to repair, ended up making a few quid actually). It's been an effort at times although I've developed a bit of a thing for the hardware keyboard, guess we'll see how long that takes to wear off when the 5s arrives :D