Where's my Phoenix/Tempe Arizona people?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Question, with past apple iphone releases how big were the lines waiting for you to get that latest iphones? I'm thinking of waiting in line at the apple store in chandler mall but i dont even know if there would be a line to wait for or how it all typically goes down? anyone in phoenix/tempe experience any of this on launch day? opinions?

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Question, with past apple iphone releases how big were the lines waiting for you to get that latest iphones? I'm thinking of waiting in line at the apple store in chandler mall but i dont even know if there would be a line to wait for or how it all typically goes down? anyone in phoenix/tempe experience any of this on launch day? opinions?

When the 4s came out, I was able to walk in Biltmore Apple Store and grab one. The lines already cleared by lunch. I would think San Tan apple store might be better for you.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
When the 4s came out, I was able to walk in Biltmore Apple Store and grab one. The lines already cleared by lunch. I would think San Tan apple store might be better for you.

I was at the Arrowhead store for the iPhone 4 launch... got there about 5:30 am... store opened at 8:00 am ... home by about 9:30 am.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I live in Chandler and when the 5 came out every place was either sold out or had long lines. I waited in line at AT&T by chandler fashion center, was asked what size and color I wanted. I was told there were only 2 left and by the time it was my turn they were all gone. Someone in front of me decided they wanted a lower capacity. I was lucky to get the last one from best buy later in the evening and this was after searching all day for one in stock somewhere. Of course I wanted a 16gb, probably would have been easier to find a 32 or 64.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I live in Chandler and when the 5 came out every place was either sold out or had long lines. I waited in line at AT&T by chandler fashion center, was asked what size and color I wanted. I was told there were only 2 left and by the time it was my turn they were all gone. Someone in front of me decided they wanted a lower capacity. I was lucky to get the last one from best buy later in the evening and this was after searching all day for one in stock somewhere. Of course I wanted a 16gb, probably would have been easier to find a 32 or 64.

im planning on going to chandler mall apple store to get it or the verizon store across the street, what time were the lines at? im thinking of maybe waiting in line at chandler mall but i dont know what time to go or if there is even going to be a line?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
was there already people in line by 5:30? generally since the store is inside where to people line up?

When I was there for the iPhone 4 launch, yes... probably 150 people in line ahead of me. Since the mall is closed (most stores don’t open until 10:00 am), people just line up down the mall streaming away from the Apple store...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
is san tan a little less people filled?

I can’t say, as I’ve never been there... but since there are 3 Apple stores in the east valley and only one on the west side, I’d expect the crowds to be a bit smaller - more stores to handle the traffic.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey Chandler peeps! I lived there when until I got out of grade school. According to Google street view, the neighborhood around Frye Elementary has changed a LOT!

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
When I was there for the iPhone 4 launch, yes... probably 150 people in line ahead of me. Since the mall is closed (most stores don’t open until 10:00 am), people just line up down the mall streaming away from the Apple store...

damn well i guess ill be waiting in line around midnight lol expect to see me at chandler mall at 1am haha omg i kinda hope im not the only one waiting there like a dummy haha

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
damn well i guess ill be waiting in line around midnight lol expect to see me at chandler mall at 1am haha omg i kinda hope im not the only one waiting there like a dummy haha

I'd go if didn't live all the way out in Cave Creek. The nearest apple store by me is at Scottsdale Quarter. I'm pretty sure that one will be real busy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
im planning on going to chandler mall apple store to get it or the verizon store across the street, what time were the lines at? im thinking of maybe waiting in line at chandler mall but i dont know what time to go or if there is even going to be a line?

I went about 40 minutes before they opened, so I have no idea what time they started standing line.

Chris Sosinski

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
What time though does the actual mall open up so you can line up? I would be interested in putting together a team for Chandler.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The Apple stores open up at 8AM so I would expect the malls to open at that time as well in order for customers to get into the store.

I haven't done the cattle call lineup since iPhone 4, but the Arrowhead Towne Center was open when I got there at about 5:30. Lots of olds olds walk inside the mall before the stores open. They were really confused by several hundred people liked up in at that hour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I remember a pretty good sized line for the iPhone 5 release at Arrowhead Mall. I live close by and happened to be in the mall for an unrelated reason. It wasn't a line like you see in the ads, but it was quite crowded.

Good luck!

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
What time though does the actual mall open up so you can line up? I would be interested in putting together a team for Chandler.

aahh i wish i still had my imore shirt or id wear that to the line. do you know more info on where we'd be lining up? if people are already waiting? i need details! lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR