Official Waiting in line for an iPhone 5s Thread!

perryfamily10

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I was 14th in line they only had grey for verizon so I got it even tho I really wanted silver... Oh well I got my new phone so I'm happy. Now to go buy a case I did not like the apple cases

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I ended up ordering my 64 gb gold iphone at Att. Direct fulfillment has me at 1-3 days for delivery. This is better than online because at 3:01 am the Apple store app had my gold iphone at 7-10 days! Insane how fast the gold ones sold out. Looks like the Att stores had gold iPhones alotted to them for direct fulfillment orders. I was number 2 inline btw. The guy before me wanted a gold 32 gb but settles for grey 32 (which is all Att had for 5s)

tater0388

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Got mine at 7:55 am. The store opened early. Only had 2 silver no gold and 30 space gray. I really wanted silver and being first in line I felt I would get it. Nope. My rep was to slow.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Went to Apple store in St. Louis at 11:15 am and they had no gold or silver. Of course not! They said the others sold out immediately. Got a space gray. It's growing on me but I still have 30 days to exchange it, so I may do that. Got a pink and black Speck case...don't want it so I'm taking it back. I'm calling everyday until they get the silver in. LOL

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Never even got to play with either phone I purchased I sold the gold for 2000.00 on CL and the grey went on eBay and just sold for 2300.00. I'll be headed back to Verizon for two more if they have any left and hopefully turn them around for profit.

LadyFos4Mac

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
In line at the Apple Store on Michigan Ave in Chicago. I just knew they would be sold out by now since its after 5pm but nope; they have 16gb and 32 gb space grey! Now I can't decide which one to get but I will have my 5s on launch day! Yay!!!!

Update: Can't believe this sh*t. Get inside the store, have the iPhone 5S in front of me, ready to hand my card to the man, and he tells me my temporary license won't be accepted (AT&T needs two forms of ID) so no iPhone 5s today. ^&8%$##!!!!!! Have to get my new (hardcopy) license in the AM. Then head back to the Apple store. Ain't this some sh*t?!

Last edited:

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Never even got to play with either phone I purchased I sold the gold for 2000.00 on CL and the grey went on eBay and just sold for 2300.00. I'll be headed back to Verizon for two more if they have any left and hopefully turn them around for profit.

Some guy at the line but like 30 iPhones. Well he had his friends. And he ask people to ask for 2 tickets and give them 50 for each ticket

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Holy crap!! Assuming both were 64GB?

Didn't get mine 😭 went to Best Buy said they had gold but when I got inside the manager said they had miscounted boo!! Ordered it though.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Arrived @ my local AT&T store around 5:00AM, was second in line. All they had was space gray, so I left empty handed after that long wait.
Have now ordered online & waiting.

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Went to a Verizon store, got there at 0500 local time. As soon as I stood in line 2 more people got out of their cars. By the time they opened I think we had about 30 people in line. I was the fist one in and they had no gold ones so I got a 32Gb Space Gray one. I wore my Talk Mobile shirt, must of had 5 or 6 people ask me what it was about. :) https://twitter.com/Disturbed0Angel/status/381095909808824321/photo/1

I was really hoping to get one of the new leather cases, by the VZW store didn't have them, so I may have to go to a Apple store.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Went to a Verizon store, got there at 0500 local time. As soon as I stood in line 2 more people got out of their cars. By the time they opened I think we had about 30 people in line. I was the fist one in and they had no gold ones so I got a 32Gb Space Gray one. I wore my Talk Mobile shirt, must of had 5 or 6 people ask me what it was about. :) https://twitter.com/Disturbed0Angel/status/381095909808824321/photo/1

I was really hoping to get one of the new leather cases, by the VZW store didn't have them, so I may have to go to a Apple store.

My Best Buy didn’t have any of the new leather cases, either... they pointed me to the Apple store. No way I’m going anywhere near that place this weekend... gonna give it a few days to settle down.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Only took me 11 hrs to get one, but I got it and that is all that matters. I was bound and determined to get mine today so I settled on space gray. What an ordeal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Went to Apple store in St. Louis at 11:15 am and they had no gold or silver. Of course not! They said the others sold out immediately. Got a space gray. It's growing on me but I still have 30 days to exchange it, so I may do that. Got a pink and black Speck case...don't want it so I'm taking it back. I'm calling everyday until they get the silver in. LOL

Ooh, sweet. I bought the same case. I love it. I also have the space grey 5S. I was going to settle for a 5C if there no 5Ss. I'm glad I didn't have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon store still has 32gb gray left, I am debating whether or not to get one. The wife really doesn't want me to, but I want a new toy, lol

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Did you go to West County or Galleria? I just decided I was so not going to bother with the lining up at either, and I just ordered on line. I debated going over to look at them in person, bec they surely have display units for each.

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
If by "all of DC" you mean the 10 or so Apple stores in the DC metro area, then that's not true. The Tyson's Corner store had 11 gold and around 30-40 of the silver/white.

Okay 11 gold at Tyson's but how many for Sprint, 3 gold at Georgetown (0 for Sprint), 0 at Clarendon, 0 gold sprint at Newport, VA...so yeah I meant 0

Non sprint owners forget or dont know its a different phone because of the carrier bands

I'm still hunting for a gold 32 Gb - again nothing at the Gtown apple store this morning

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2