Official Waiting in line for an iPhone 5s Thread!

Richard Devine

iMore staff
Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
what is everyone thinking the availability on the gold model will be come friday morning? i'm planning on getting that one.. not even ashamed to say it. :cool: but i'd be extremely upset to wait in line and the stores not even have any.

Gold is best. Best. Best. Best.

32GB gold for me if they've got one :)

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This will be the first year I have not stood in line to get the new iPhone. :(
I'm just getting tired of waiting up all night. This year I'm trying something different. My friend works at the local AT&T store and I'm just going to have him hold a couple for me.
All the 16GB will go first, then 32 and 64. I have heard that Apple has made a lot of gold iPhone's. They are supposed to be very popular around the world. Not sure about the US though. I have always gotten black but this year I'm going to get white. Might even go for a gold one if available. The Black models go first any ways. We will see! But hope everyone has fun in line! :)

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I lined up for 5 last year, and for iPad mini a month later. Subdued but fun both times. I was #7 on line @ VZW store for 5 - all of us were just a little embarrassed to be there. Lined up @ Apple store for the mini - leaving on a cross-country flight the next day, so I was hell-bent on having the mini to travel instead of my full-size iPad. Waited longer for mini - and met some very cool people in line. Again, everyone a little embarrassed. Not planning to line up tomorrow (certainly not overnight) - yet if I wake up early? I might decide to try - cannot rule it out! I want what nobody wants anyway - unlocked, unsubsidized 64G - only a few of us nut jobs who would consider paying for those!

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a question I am going with a friend. Just to go. So my sister found out that I am going. So she has att and she want me to get a iphone. But I am not on her account. If she give me her password. Would that be fine

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a question I am going with a friend. Just to go. So my sister found out that I am going. So she has att and she want me to get a iphone. But I am not on her account. If she give me her password. Would that be fine

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

No. You must be an "authorized user" on her account. She can contact AT&T and set it up...

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
what is everyone thinking the availability on the gold model will be come friday morning? i'm planning on getting that one.. not even ashamed to say it. :cool: but i'd be extremely upset to wait in line and the stores not even have any.

They are saying all that is going to be available tomorrow is black. There will only be a few white or gold. So unless you are one of the first few people don't think gold will be available tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Bring whatever other electronics you have and backup batteries if you have them. I'll have my current iPhone 5, my iPad, and my MBP. I don't usually go the lawn chair route, but I do bring a padded picnic blanket that I can actually lie down on. And snacks and water/soda, of course. But don't drink too much because depending on where you are, there might not be bathrooms available until you get into the mall. But once inside, in my experience, people are very nice about holding your spot while you take a bathroom break.

This.

I'm doing that too, but at Verizon.

Sent from the shadows of darkness using Tapatalk

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
all I`m going to have is my crappy blackberry and MP3 player lol might buy a magazine or something idk.

not brining my MBP because I def dont want to get robbed.

DeeDudnath

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
What time should i go? my Rogers' stores open at 8, and apparently they're always busy when a new iphone comes out so i was think i'd be waiting at the store at 630-7? give me some feedback please :)

Richard Devine

iMore staff
Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone heading to the Meadowhall Apple Store tonight in the UK? Queue has been underway for a while now, I'll be getting there between 1 and 2 am at the moment

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to order a phone online and go wait in line but I would have to add a line no contract and cancel blah blah blah seems like too much work. I`m going to maybe go to VZW around 1 or 2 am.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Heading to my local Apple store in 15 minutes! It's 6:44p Thursday here in VA. If anyone is going to MacArthur I'll be at N2 in a Ravens chair, bring some good conversation and I'll share my Teriyaki beef jerkey. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox