Official Waiting in line for an iPhone 5s Thread!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have them currently and was planning on leaving but I have an iPad and I have my mother and a friend on my account. My mom was indifferent but my friend doesn't have money for a new phone so I either leave her with nothing or I have to pay for a phone for her and so I'm staying with them for now all my contracts will be up within 6 months other than the new line so at that time I will look into vzw or AT&T again and just pay the etf on this new line. I truly don't like sprint and their data speeds are so slow but 8 out of 10 times I'm somewhere that has wifi so it doesn't really effect my daily use.

Oh ok yeah don't want to be doing that!

dang, guess im getting there by midnight...what to do for the next 8 or 9 hours! ah it's going to seem neverending :/

lol well i start training work wednesday for something i have been wanting to do for a long time now finally got a job in that field, or atleast my foot in the right direction but ill be doing computer exams and what not before i officially start so shouldn't be too bad just hope i don't go in the AM because i probably won't be out of the apple store until 10am lol if not ill have to either order it online thursday night :( booo! or send my fiance lol

Well that's awesome, good luck! I'm still trying to find a stinking job :'(

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Not an issue, my home = my office, except when at the Studio, so I can make sure I am home the day of the delivery. There is one AT&T Store in Corvallis, Oregon, so unless other locations carry it like Radio Shack again, "IF" I pull the plug and upgrade the 4S I guess I can wait a few days. Unless I want to drive 40 min to Best Buy and pick up or something.

If having it shipped is anything like it was for previous iPhones, someone over the age of 18 must be home to sign for it. FedEx/UPS won't leave it on your door.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Bring whatever other electronics you have and backup batteries if you have them. I'll have my current iPhone 5, my iPad, and my MBP. I don't usually go the lawn chair route, but I do bring a padded picnic blanket that I can actually lie down on. And snacks and water/soda, of course. But don't drink too much because depending on where you are, there might not be bathrooms available until you get into the mall. But once inside, in my experience, people are very nice about holding your spot while you take a bathroom break.

ugh the battery on my macbook sucks haha itll probably only last like 2 hours but hopefully my fiance will be there with me in line so we can just hold each others spots lol ahhh to excited the day is approaching.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Not an issue, my home = my office, except when at the Studio, so I can make sure I am home the day of the delivery. There is one AT&T Store in Corvallis, Oregon, so unless other locations carry it like Radio Shack again, "IF" I pull the plug and upgrade the 4S I guess I can wait a few days. Unless I want to drive 40 min to Best Buy and pick up or something.

You can pre-sign for the package. There's a form on the apple website for this. Just google search it.

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Back before preordering was the norm, I use to camp out at 1am to grab my iPhone. I believe that was the iPhone 3G days. Might be fun to do again this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

Oregon in the house! Hahaha. Portland native here. 5 minutes away from the Pioneer Place Apple Store lol. Still not going to wait in line. Made that mistake with the 4, and I had my phone reserved back then too.

goodevening

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I will be standing in line in East TN and I will be going to either my Sprint store or to Best Buy. The closest Apple store is 2 hours away.

el_capitan10

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm standing in line. Did it for the 5 and was pretty fun, also our store handed out cards that matched their inventory when we got there, so we were assured of getting one as long as we had the card. It's also me and my girlfriends 3 year anniversary that day, and we are both up for upgrades so that will be a nice surprise for her. And it's my last day of unemployment before I start my new job on Monday, so I'll just pretend that I start work a few days early and standing in line will be my job.

JasonPitt

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey there i was just wondering what is the best time to get there at chandler mall before the line starts to get long? i plan on standing in line but i want to be one of the first people there, so i don't have to wait long when they open.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
!! Yesterday !!

Hey there i was just wondering what is the best time to get there at chandler mall before the line starts to get long? i plan on standing in line but i want to be one of the first people there, so i don't have to wait long when they open.

perryfamily10

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I will be standing in line at Arrowhead Mall in Arizona. Will anyone else be there waiting?? I am super excited, this will be my first launch!

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

i'll be waiting in line over at chandler mall at midnight, seems like most of everyone will be coming in at 2 or 3 am maybe even 5

any idea where will be lining up?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
i'll be waiting in line over at chandler mall at midnight, seems like most of everyone will be coming in at 2 or 3 am maybe even 5

any idea where will be lining up?

Yeah expect more people to start showing up between 2-5 am. Last year when we got there at 2am there was 45 people in front of us then as the night went on more and more people started lining up.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah expect more people to start showing up between 2-5 am. Last year when we got there at 2am there was 45 people in front of us then as the night went on more and more people started lining up.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

yeah getting there at midnight would probably be the best thing to do i dont want to spend 12 hours there so 8 hours doesnt seem as bad.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm probably not going to get the 5s but I've never had an issue with getting one from a carrier on launch day by just walking in a store.

Apple stores on the other hand are always jammed packed. I don't go there for anything unless I have to.

I like the store but no matter when i go it is always packed. No room to move around.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm probably not going to get the 5s but I've never had an issue with getting one from a carrier on launch day by just walking in a store.

Apple stores on the other hand are always jammed packed. I don't go there for anything unless I have to.

I like the store but no matter when i go it is always packed. No room to move around.

You have to keep in mind that while you have never had an issue getting one on launch day by walking in the store in the past, those were not situations where a preorder process did not exist. Now, every soul who would have otherwise pre-ordered and had delivered to their house will be on the hunt as well. That will change the dynamics completely. Combine that with the 'rumors' that 70% of stock will comprise of 5C devices and the remaining 30% being the 5S.....this could possibly be a mess.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods