Official Waiting in line for an iPhone 5s Thread!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
thats anothe reason i wanna go, i've never experienced first hand getting an apple device at launch in store first day so im hoping itll be alot of fun.

Yeah do it Dennis, especially if you've never waited in line, it's really a fun experience! Last year the employees came out with doughnuts and coffee.

My friend and I waited from 2am on, we had our iPads going, it was great! Want to do it this year but don't know if I'll be able to :(

If I get to wait it will be at the Fashion Fair Mall, in Fresno, CA!

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I was planning on going to an Apple store but Sprint is offering a $100 off any phone when you port in a number and I don't think the Apple store will honor that. Now my choice is to go to a Sprint store which is awful or order online but then I have to wait until at least monday to get my new phone.... decisions, decisions lol. Actually the more I think about the more annoyed I am that there is no pre-order for the 5s.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah do it Dennis, especially if you've never waited in line, it's really a fun experience! Last year the employees came out with doughnuts and coffee.

My friend and I waited from 2am on, we had our iPads going, it was great! Want to do it this year but don't know if I'll be able to :(

If I get to wait it will be at the Fashion Fair Mall, in Fresno, CA!

what time do you recommend i go?? D: lol whats a good time. midnight?
im afraid ill most likely have to work that friday lol so im hoping to get it done and over with before i head exhaustely to work haha lets hope im off friday >.<

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was planning on going to an Apple store but Sprint is offering a $100 off any phone when you port in a number and I don't think the Apple store will honor that. Now my choice is to go to a Sprint store which is awful or order online but then I have to wait until at least monday to get my new phone.... decisions, decisions lol. Actually the more I think about the more annoyed I am that there is no pre-order for the 5s.

That's a great deal but eww why Sprint?! Do they have LTE and good coverage in your area? What carrier do you have now?

I would highly recommend staying away from Sprint no matter how enticing the deal.

what time do you recommend i go?? D: lol whats a good time. midnight?
im afraid ill most likely have to work that friday lol so im hoping to get it done and over with before i head exhaustely to work haha lets hope im off friday >.<

I would say around midnight or 1 am LOL. When I waited in line last year my friend and I got there at 2 am and there were already about 50 people in front of us.

You don't know by now if you'll be off?! Cray Cray!

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
That's a great deal but eww why Sprint?! Do they have LTE and good coverage in your area? What carrier do you have now?

I would highly recommend staying away from Sprint no matter how enticing the deal.

I have them currently and was planning on leaving but I have an iPad and I have my mother and a friend on my account. My mom was indifferent but my friend doesn't have money for a new phone so I either leave her with nothing or I have to pay for a phone for her and so I'm staying with them for now all my contracts will be up within 6 months other than the new line so at that time I will look into vzw or AT&T again and just pay the etf on this new line. I truly don't like sprint and their data speeds are so slow but 8 out of 10 times I'm somewhere that has wifi so it doesn't really effect my daily use.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and I followed a friend of mine who works at Best Buy to get my iPhone 5S there...and really just because she was able to put me on a hold list for my phone and my wife's phone, so that I don't have to worry about stock and what not. Hopefully it pans out as it seems it will, she said it was simply a matter of putting the two phones aside for me to come and get, but I know that is not a sure bet. Unfortunately I'm out of town after Friday night, so if they don't have mine, I'll just wait until next week sometime.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I would say around midnight or 1 am LOL. When I waited in line last year my friend and I got there at 2 am and there were already about 50 people in front of us.

You don't know by now if you'll be off?! Cray Cray!

dang, guess im getting there by midnight...what to do for the next 8 or 9 hours! ah it's going to seem neverending :/

lol well i start training work wednesday for something i have been wanting to do for a long time now finally got a job in that field, or atleast my foot in the right direction but ill be doing computer exams and what not before i officially start so shouldn't be too bad just hope i don't go in the AM because i probably won't be out of the apple store until 10am lol if not ill have to either order it online thursday night :( booo! or send my fiance lol

ferniesp

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
No need to stand in line. Apple will have plenty on hand. Also, the demand won't call for waiting in line. This will not be a huge blockbuster launch.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
No need to stand in line. Apple will have plenty on hand. Also, the demand won't call for waiting in line. This will not be a huge blockbuster launch.

LOL. They said the same thing about the 4s and the 5. They both sold out in the Verizon store near my work in a short amount of time.

It was a few weeks before any store in the area got more in.

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
malls have many entrances, what would be the best entrance to wait by? lol food court entrance? i will be also waiting in line so id like to know lol, im taking my laptop and lawn chairs as well, lol just so i can preorder the iphone 5s and pick up next day. if i get the order in for next day pick up ill go home and come back the next day to pick it up lol if not, then i didnt lose anything and i keep my place in line.

Go to the mall entrance that's CLOSEST to the Apple store.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Mixed info.. does the 5S go on SALE on Friday the 20th or available to ORDER on Friday the 20th. Apple's site and AT&T show you can order it on 9/20 nothing about going in and buying one on 9/20.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I am in a smaller area, no Apple Store for 90 miles, so doubt I will find one at the tiny AT&T Store here. May have to just order and wait.

If having it shipped is anything like it was for previous iPhones, someone over the age of 18 must be home to sign for it. FedEx/UPS won't leave it on your door.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If having it shipped is anything like it was for previous iPhones, someone over the age of 18 must be home to sign for it. FedEx/UPS won't leave it on your door.

But with shipping, it’s possible to have it by Monday or Tuesday if you get it ordered early enough on Friday morning.

jenashley

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Ugh... trying to figure out what I should do about this! I might call Best Buy and AT&T stores to see if there's a list I can get on. I really want mine on Friday. I'm going for the 16GB White/Silver... I would think most people will be going for the ones with more space, so I think I might be okay getting one Friday? This is super stressful. I really wanted to preorder!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal