Official Waiting in line for an iPhone 5s Thread!

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
No bracelets. Just line up and join the party... the Apple employees will be there around 6:00 and they interact with the crowd... and have water and food (powerbars, or similar)... it truly is a party. Total strangers hanging out and having fun together...

thats anothe reason i wanna go, i've never experienced first hand getting an apple device at launch in store first day so im hoping itll be alot of fun.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking I might venture out and do the line up . I've had every version of the iPhone and have never experienced the launch parties.

That being said, who is planning on lining up in Annapolis , Md?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
We are going to "Sticky" this..

Post up if your going to wait and location..

On launch day, post up how the status is of the line and share some pictures!

If you are there already, share a few picture now.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone out there planning on waiting in line in the Philadelphia area ?

Danny, I live in Chester County, and even though I won't be in a line on launch day, I would go to the King of Prussia mall if I were going to. The apple store in there was actually moved and made bigger in the mall, and that is the only one around my area that I know of (I am not sure about actually IN Philly).

Danny Olivo

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Danny, I live in Chester County, and even though I won't be in a line on launch day, I would go to the King of Prussia mall if I were going to. The apple store in there was actually moved and made bigger in the mall, and that is the only one around my area that I know of (I am not sure about actually IN Philly).
I did KOP for the 4s, looong lines. I was thinking of trying Armore this time.

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I`m in Atlanta would you guys recommend driving out to a Verizon in one of the far suburbs or deal with an Apple store? I know Apple Stores are always more packed but have a ton of inventory, while VZW inventory varies buy the Volume of the store. When I worked at VZW there were maybe 1-2 people outside at 6-7am seems most people got there at 8 and we opened at 9.

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I am in Atlanta going to line up at Verizion store at like 5. Ordered 4s online so will be first time in line. Didn't want to wait at Apple figured line would be a lot longer.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
thats another reason i wanna go, i've never experienced first hand getting an apple device at launch in store first day so i'm hoping it'll be alot of fun.
I've done it. It was for the iphone 4. couldn't order it online, don't remember why. In my experience, its basically standing in a line forever. LOL I think it sucks but i want my hands on that 5S so I'll be in that line, hoping to god it moves quickly.

you ever been in a long line? yeah thats what its like. LMAO I don't know why people enjoy that. But hey whatever floats your boat.

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Waiting is actually really fun. I did it with the iPhone 3G and it truly was a party. I will be at Derby Street in Hingham Mass, Going to get a 32GB model in Gray. Can't wait :)

Terry1960

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I guess I?m going to my Verizon store. I live in Indy and there are a number of VZW stores around me. but not sure what time I need to get there. Anyone have an idea?

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! That's helpful. Do you know if the line started inside before the mall closed, and was then moved outside? I'm trying to envision this. I'm still hoping to find a friend to go with me, but most of my friends who have iPhones don't seem to be eligible for an upgrade. And my husband will be watching our little boys! :-D

When I got my 5 I got to the mall at about 1:30am and we had to wait outside in the parking lot. Security wouldn't let anyone line up till 4am. By 6 we were in the mall. But even by 1:30am there were about 20-30 people in front of me.

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried.

Last edited:

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to camp out at my local AT&T store. I plan to get there around 6am. I'm sure the line will be long but I don't want to be there all night.

That's what I plan in on doing but at Verizon. After I got my 5 in the mall, I had to go to Verizon across the street because in order for me to get it, I had to add a line on my account, and went to Verizon to do an equipment change and get a new SIM card. Needless to say their lines there weren't long at all, but it was kinda funny and nice when people in line swarmed over me to see the new phone lol. :D

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I guess I?m going to my Verizon store. I live in Indy and there are a number of VZW stores around me. but not sure what time I need to get there. Anyone have an idea?

I'm palming to get to mine about 4am or so. I'm in Cincinnati and going to the one by Kenwood.

I just thought of something: an IMore forum member meetup. I know this isn't feasible for everyone but if several members live in the same area, to meet up at their designated locations.

NSpooner

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I am with Sprint and live in kansas city which is where they are based so they have a million corporate stores. We do have two apple stores but I think I will have better luck at the corporate stores. I stopped in one yesterday and they are opening at 8 so I will try the closest one to me at like 7 am and if there's a huge line I might try the next closest (both are within a few miles of my house). If they are both swarmed then I might just order it or keep trying the next week. I don't want to sit outside for 8 hours for a phone but I don't mind going a little early. It does help that I think that Sprint is one of the smallest Iphone markets compared to AT&T or Verizon so I don't think demand will be as bad.

Mic2cool7

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
First time iMore user here! Been over with CrackBerry for quite a while. I've owned the iPhone 4 and 5 but currently am using a BlackBerry Z10. I also own an iPad 4th gen. and a MacBook Pro. I need to go back to iPhone because that is what my job requires and I can honestly say I am excited to wait in line! It's something I have never done before and hope its a good time! Will be at the Chandler Fashion Mall in Chandler, AZ hoping to pick up a grey or gold 5s!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice