Official Waiting in line for an iPhone 5s Thread!

aaroninky

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm palming to get to mine about 4am or so. I'm in Cincinnati and going to the one by Kenwood.

I just thought of something: an IMore forum member meetup. I know this isn't feasible for everyone but if several members live in the same area, to meet up at their designated locations.

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried.

I'm planning on heading to Kenwood as well, thinking of getting there around 2-3 AM; since this will be my first iPhone launch what's the Kenwood atmosphere like? I will have to buy it from there instead of T-Mo since they told me they won't carry anything bigger than 16 GB in store and I'm still deciding between 32 or 64 GB. It looks like all the news stations are calling for rain as well, I wonder what kind of effect that will have on the line, if any?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got back from NY and there were in line starting last Thursday outside the Apple store, they are waiting 8-days.

i'll be waiting in line over at chandler mall at midnight, seems like most of everyone will be coming in at 2 or 3 am maybe even 5

any idea where will be lining up?

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm standing in line. Did it for the 5 and was pretty fun, also our store handed out cards that matched their inventory when we got there, so we were assured of getting one as long as we had the card. It's also me and my girlfriends 3 year anniversary that day, and we are both up for upgrades so that will be a nice surprise for her. And it's my last day of unemployment before I start my new job on Monday, so I'll just pretend that I start work a few days early and standing in line will be my job.

Will she be there with you or are you going to buy her one?

Happy anniversary!

Just bought a comfy lawn chair from WallyWorld for $25. Don't know what I'm in store for but expecting it to be worth the wait.

You've done it right. Lawn chair. Blanket (if needed). Books. Cooler full of water or drinks. Snacks. iPad/iPhone/Whatever. Way to charge the device(s) while you wait.

steve31

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard if Apple (Canada) will be selling the 5s unlocked at there stores on the 20th. The only way to buy an unlocked 5 last year was to order online at launch. Dont want to line up only to be turned away;)

aaroninky

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone heard if Apple (Canada) will be selling the 5s unlocked at there stores on the 20th. The only way to buy an unlocked 5 last year was to order online at launch. Dont want to line up only to be turned away;)

I'm going to stop by the local store here in the Cincinnati area tonight and ask them that very question. I know it doesn't help you with what they do in Canada, but maybe the policy will be similar.

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
i believe i'm going to be lining up at my local VZW store right outside of atlanta. i'll probably go to the one on cobb parkway in smyrna. anyone else going to be going there or around the area?!

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
i believe i'm going to be lining up at my local VZW store right outside of atlanta. i'll probably go to the one on cobb parkway in smyrna. anyone else going to be going there or around the area?!

I`m debating on going to Cobb Parkway or Kennesaw or maybe even Woodstock lol, I know my sales rep will be pissed that I`m buying full retail price. I just put iOS 7 on my 5 and now I`m debating still getting the 5S but the camera reviews I saw for it it looks really good.

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
No lines for me I'm good friends with local manager at my Verizon and I got two at full retail today. One is going up on Craigslist other I will play with for a few days and probably sell as well.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I'll be at Briarwood Mall in Ann Arbor, MI. Debating between there or my local at&t store for a 32GB Space Grey

SimpleAsItSeems

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not in my hometown. I'm in Ogden, UT on business. I plan on heading down to the nearby Verizon store right after work (5pm Thur) to 1) Ensure I get a 5s in gold and 2)Have a hilarious story to tell about how I seriously misjudged the time I needed to be waiting in line.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
No lines for me I'm good friends with local manager at my Verizon and I got two at full retail today. One is going up on Craigslist other I will play with for a few days and probably sell as well.

Wow - a carrier rep sold you new iPhones Before launch? Be a little careful posting about that- sounds like a fire- able offense.

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Wow - a carrier rep sold you new iPhones Before launch? Be a little careful posting about that- sounds like a fire- able offense.

I would assume he just gave them the money and they will ring it up friday? iPhones have to be rung up in the iconic portal POS system and not the normal VZW POS (unless its changed for this year, but been like this for every VZW iphone release) This is how Apple and VZW tracks their sales, so using the iConic portal to ring up the phone would get that rep fired ASAP, and Apple doesnt even get the iphones to the store until the night before (tonight, unless this has changed also)

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
what is everyone thinking the availability on the gold model will be come friday morning? i'm planning on getting that one.. not even ashamed to say it. :cool: but i'd be extremely upset to wait in line and the stores not even have any.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox