!! Yesterday !!

Hey there i was just wondering what is the best time to get there at chandler mall before the line starts to get long? i plan on standing in line but i want to be one of the first people there, so i don't have to wait long when they open.
    09-17-2013 11:35 PM
    I will be standing in line at Arrowhead Mall in Arizona. Will anyone else be there waiting?? I am super excited, this will be my first launch!
    09-17-2013 11:52 PM
    I will be standing in line at Arrowhead Mall in Arizona. Will anyone else be there waiting?? I am super excited, this will be my first launch!
    Good luck!
    09-17-2013 11:54 PM
    !! Yesterday !!
    seriously?
    09-18-2013 12:05 AM
    Hey there i was just wondering what is the best time to get there at chandler mall before the line starts to get long? i plan on standing in line but i want to be one of the first people there, so i don't have to wait long when they open.
    i'll be waiting in line over at chandler mall at midnight, seems like most of everyone will be coming in at 2 or 3 am maybe even 5

any idea where will be lining up?
    09-18-2013 12:06 AM
    i'll be waiting in line over at chandler mall at midnight, seems like most of everyone will be coming in at 2 or 3 am maybe even 5

Yeah expect more people to start showing up between 2-5 am. Last year when we got there at 2am there was 45 people in front of us then as the night went on more and more people started lining up.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    09-18-2013 12:14 AM
    Yeah expect more people to start showing up between 2-5 am. Last year when we got there at 2am there was 45 people in front of us then as the night went on more and more people started lining up.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    yeah getting there at midnight would probably be the best thing to do i dont want to spend 12 hours there so 8 hours doesnt seem as bad.
    09-18-2013 12:17 AM
    I'm probably not going to get the 5s but I've never had an issue with getting one from a carrier on launch day by just walking in a store.

Apple stores on the other hand are always jammed packed. I don't go there for anything unless I have to.

I like the store but no matter when i go it is always packed. No room to move around.
    offdahglass likes this.
    09-18-2013 04:25 AM
    I'm probably not going to get the 5s but I've never had an issue with getting one from a carrier on launch day by just walking in a store.

Apple stores on the other hand are always jammed packed. I don't go there for anything unless I have to.

I like the store but no matter when i go it is always packed. No room to move around.
    You have to keep in mind that while you have never had an issue getting one on launch day by walking in the store in the past, those were not situations where a preorder process did not exist. Now, every soul who would have otherwise pre-ordered and had delivered to their house will be on the hunt as well. That will change the dynamics completely. Combine that with the 'rumors' that 70% of stock will comprise of 5C devices and the remaining 30% being the 5S.....this could possibly be a mess.
    09-18-2013 08:55 AM
    I'm palming to get to mine about 4am or so. I'm in Cincinnati and going to the one by Kenwood.

I just thought of something: an IMore forum member meetup. I know this isn't feasible for everyone but if several members live in the same area, to meet up at their designated locations.

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried.
    I'm planning on heading to Kenwood as well, thinking of getting there around 2-3 AM; since this will be my first iPhone launch what's the Kenwood atmosphere like? I will have to buy it from there instead of T-Mo since they told me they won't carry anything bigger than 16 GB in store and I'm still deciding between 32 or 64 GB. It looks like all the news stations are calling for rain as well, I wonder what kind of effect that will have on the line, if any?
    09-18-2013 09:22 AM
    Just bought a comfy lawn chair from WallyWorld for $25. Don't know what I'm in store for but expecting it to be worth the wait.
    John Yester likes this.
    09-18-2013 10:24 AM
    I just got back from NY and there were in line starting last Thursday outside the Apple store, they are waiting 8-days.

09-18-2013 11:03 AM
    I just got back from NY and there were in line starting last Thursday outside the Apple store, they are waiting 8-days.
    That is just insane.
    09-18-2013 11:11 AM
    I'm standing in line. Did it for the 5 and was pretty fun, also our store handed out cards that matched their inventory when we got there, so we were assured of getting one as long as we had the card. It's also me and my girlfriends 3 year anniversary that day, and we are both up for upgrades so that will be a nice surprise for her. And it's my last day of unemployment before I start my new job on Monday, so I'll just pretend that I start work a few days early and standing in line will be my job.
    Will she be there with you or are you going to buy her one?

Happy anniversary!

Just bought a comfy lawn chair from WallyWorld for $25. Don't know what I'm in store for but expecting it to be worth the wait.
    You've done it right. Lawn chair. Blanket (if needed). Books. Cooler full of water or drinks. Snacks. iPad/iPhone/Whatever. Way to charge the device(s) while you wait.
    ame likes this.
    09-18-2013 11:14 AM
    Has anyone heard if Apple (Canada) will be selling the 5s unlocked at there stores on the 20th. The only way to buy an unlocked 5 last year was to order online at launch. Dont want to line up only to be turned away
    09-18-2013 02:31 PM
    Has anyone heard if Apple (Canada) will be selling the 5s unlocked at there stores on the 20th. The only way to buy an unlocked 5 last year was to order online at launch. Dont want to line up only to be turned away
    I'm going to stop by the local store here in the Cincinnati area tonight and ask them that very question. I know it doesn't help you with what they do in Canada, but maybe the policy will be similar.
    09-18-2013 02:55 PM
    i believe i'm going to be lining up at my local VZW store right outside of atlanta. i'll probably go to the one on cobb parkway in smyrna. anyone else going to be going there or around the area?!
    09-18-2013 04:02 PM
    i believe i'm going to be lining up at my local VZW store right outside of atlanta. i'll probably go to the one on cobb parkway in smyrna. anyone else going to be going there or around the area?!

I`m debating on going to Cobb Parkway or Kennesaw or maybe even Woodstock lol, I know my sales rep will be pissed that I`m buying full retail price. I just put iOS 7 on my 5 and now I`m debating still getting the 5S but the camera reviews I saw for it it looks really good.
    09-18-2013 06:28 PM
    No lines for me I'm good friends with local manager at my Verizon and I got two at full retail today. One is going up on Craigslist other I will play with for a few days and probably sell as well.
    09-18-2013 06:38 PM
    I'll be at Briarwood Mall in Ann Arbor, MI. Debating between there or my local at&t store for a 32GB Space Grey
    09-18-2013 07:35 PM
    Working for AT&T has its perks, no waiting in lines for me anymore.
    I thought Employees cannot get it first. It Customer first.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    I have a standard consumer account so I can choose to be treated like a customer for certain advantageous situations, like iPhone launches haha
    09-18-2013 08:03 PM
    will you get one for me? I will stop by around 10am
    09-18-2013 08:40 PM
    I'm not in my hometown. I'm in Ogden, UT on business. I plan on heading down to the nearby Verizon store right after work (5pm Thur) to 1) Ensure I get a 5s in gold and 2)Have a hilarious story to tell about how I seriously misjudged the time I needed to be waiting in line.
    09-19-2013 12:28 AM
    Will she be there with you or are you going to buy her one?

Happy anniversary!
    No, she will be working that day. She does know I'm getting it for her so it won't be that big of a surprise, but I'll drop it off to her when I'm on my way home so she will have her new toy to play with at work.
    09-19-2013 01:07 AM
    No lines for me I'm good friends with local manager at my Verizon and I got two at full retail today. One is going up on Craigslist other I will play with for a few days and probably sell as well.
    Wow - a carrier rep sold you new iPhones Before launch? Be a little careful posting about that- sounds like a fire- able offense.
    09-19-2013 06:46 AM
433 ... 23456 ...