dang, guess im getting there by midnight...what to do for the next 8 or 9 hours! ah it's going to seem neverending :/
    Bring whatever other electronics you have and backup batteries if you have them. I'll have my current iPhone 5, my iPad, and my MBP. I don't usually go the lawn chair route, but I do bring a padded picnic blanket that I can actually lie down on. And snacks and water/soda, of course. But don't drink too much because depending on where you are, there might not be bathrooms available until you get into the mall. But once inside, in my experience, people are very nice about holding your spot while you take a bathroom break.
    simplylaurakb and DaPhoneking like this.
    09-16-2013 09:45 AM
    No need to stand in line. Apple will have plenty on hand. Also, the demand won't call for waiting in line. This will not be a huge blockbuster launch.
    09-16-2013 10:09 AM
    Working for AT&T has its perks, no waiting in lines for me anymore.
    Lucky!

I do feel for the employees who have to put up with the chaos that is a result of the iPhone launches.
    09-16-2013 10:24 AM
    No need to stand in line. Apple will have plenty on hand. Also, the demand won't call for waiting in line. This will not be a huge blockbuster launch.
    LOL. They said the same thing about the 4s and the 5. They both sold out in the Verizon store near my work in a short amount of time.

It was a few weeks before any store in the area got more in.
    thomas wojcik likes this.
    09-16-2013 10:25 AM
    malls have many entrances, what would be the best entrance to wait by? lol food court entrance? i will be also waiting in line so id like to know lol, im taking my laptop and lawn chairs as well, lol just so i can preorder the iphone 5s and pick up next day. if i get the order in for next day pick up ill go home and come back the next day to pick it up lol if not, then i didnt lose anything and i keep my place in line.
    Go to the mall entrance that's CLOSEST to the Apple store.
    09-16-2013 12:37 PM
    Mixed info.. does the 5S go on SALE on Friday the 20th or available to ORDER on Friday the 20th. Apple's site and AT&T show you can order it on 9/20 nothing about going in and buying one on 9/20.
    09-16-2013 03:27 PM
    Both. You can order online and have it shipped, or go to a store and buy one there.
    09-16-2013 03:41 PM
    I am in a smaller area, no Apple Store for 90 miles, so doubt I will find one at the tiny AT&T Store here. May have to just order and wait.

Both. You can order online and have it shipped, or go to a store and buy one there.
    09-16-2013 04:07 PM
    I am in a smaller area, no Apple Store for 90 miles, so doubt I will find one at the tiny AT&T Store here. May have to just order and wait.
    If having it shipped is anything like it was for previous iPhones, someone over the age of 18 must be home to sign for it. FedEx/UPS won't leave it on your door.
    09-16-2013 04:13 PM
    If having it shipped is anything like it was for previous iPhones, someone over the age of 18 must be home to sign for it. FedEx/UPS won't leave it on your door.
    But with shipping, it’s possible to have it by Monday or Tuesday if you get it ordered early enough on Friday morning.
    09-16-2013 04:19 PM
    Might be worth calling your local AT&T store and see if they will be receiving some on launch day.
    09-16-2013 04:19 PM
    Is it a good sign that the 5c pre-orders have not run out yet? Maybe the supplies for the 5s will be abundant as well..
    09-16-2013 04:39 PM
    Is it a good sign that the 5c pre-orders have not run out yet? Maybe the supplies for the 5s will be abundant as well..
    Or it could be saying that many people are waiting to get the iPhone 5S. Glass half full? Glass half empty?
    09-16-2013 04:52 PM
    Ugh... trying to figure out what I should do about this! I might call Best Buy and AT&T stores to see if there's a list I can get on. I really want mine on Friday. I'm going for the 16GB White/Silver... I would think most people will be going for the ones with more space, so I think I might be okay getting one Friday? This is super stressful. I really wanted to preorder!
    09-16-2013 05:06 PM
    I have them currently and was planning on leaving but I have an iPad and I have my mother and a friend on my account. My mom was indifferent but my friend doesn't have money for a new phone so I either leave her with nothing or I have to pay for a phone for her and so I'm staying with them for now all my contracts will be up within 6 months other than the new line so at that time I will look into vzw or AT&T again and just pay the etf on this new line. I truly don't like sprint and their data speeds are so slow but 8 out of 10 times I'm somewhere that has wifi so it doesn't really effect my daily use.
    Oh ok yeah don't want to be doing that!

dang, guess im getting there by midnight...what to do for the next 8 or 9 hours! ah it's going to seem neverending :/

lol well i start training work wednesday for something i have been wanting to do for a long time now finally got a job in that field, or atleast my foot in the right direction but ill be doing computer exams and what not before i officially start so shouldn't be too bad just hope i don't go in the AM because i probably won't be out of the apple store until 10am lol if not ill have to either order it online thursday night booo! or send my fiance lol
    Well that's awesome, good luck! I'm still trying to find a stinking job :'(
    09-16-2013 05:15 PM
    Not an issue, my home = my office, except when at the Studio, so I can make sure I am home the day of the delivery. There is one AT&T Store in Corvallis, Oregon, so unless other locations carry it like Radio Shack again, "IF" I pull the plug and upgrade the 4S I guess I can wait a few days. Unless I want to drive 40 min to Best Buy and pick up or something.

09-16-2013 10:30 PM
    Bring whatever other electronics you have and backup batteries if you have them. I'll have my current iPhone 5, my iPad, and my MBP. I don't usually go the lawn chair route, but I do bring a padded picnic blanket that I can actually lie down on. And snacks and water/soda, of course. But don't drink too much because depending on where you are, there might not be bathrooms available until you get into the mall. But once inside, in my experience, people are very nice about holding your spot while you take a bathroom break.
    ugh the battery on my macbook sucks haha itll probably only last like 2 hours but hopefully my fiance will be there with me in line so we can just hold each others spots lol ahhh to excited the day is approaching.
    09-16-2013 11:52 PM
    Not an issue, my home = my office, except when at the Studio, so I can make sure I am home the day of the delivery. There is one AT&T Store in Corvallis, Oregon, so unless other locations carry it like Radio Shack again, "IF" I pull the plug and upgrade the 4S I guess I can wait a few days. Unless I want to drive 40 min to Best Buy and pick up or something.
    You can pre-sign for the package. There's a form on the apple website for this. Just google search it.
    09-16-2013 11:52 PM
    Back before preordering was the norm, I use to camp out at 1am to grab my iPhone. I believe that was the iPhone 3G days. Might be fun to do again this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-17-2013 02:24 AM
    Oregon in the house! Hahaha. Portland native here. 5 minutes away from the Pioneer Place Apple Store lol. Still not going to wait in line. Made that mistake with the 4, and I had my phone reserved back then too.
    Craig likes this.
    09-17-2013 03:15 AM
    But with shipping, it’s possible to have it by Monday or Tuesday if you get it ordered early enough on Friday morning.
    ​Verizon gave me the option of having it delivered on Saturday if I paid extra.
    09-17-2013 09:18 AM
    No standing in line for me. My AT&T rep is standing in line and hand delivering my 5s
    09-17-2013 10:01 AM
    I will be standing in line in East TN and I will be going to either my Sprint store or to Best Buy. The closest Apple store is 2 hours away.
    09-17-2013 11:47 AM
    I'm standing in line. Did it for the 5 and was pretty fun, also our store handed out cards that matched their inventory when we got there, so we were assured of getting one as long as we had the card. It's also me and my girlfriends 3 year anniversary that day, and we are both up for upgrades so that will be a nice surprise for her. And it's my last day of unemployment before I start my new job on Monday, so I'll just pretend that I start work a few days early and standing in line will be my job.
    ame likes this.
    09-17-2013 08:57 PM
    Hey there i was just wondering what is the best time to get there at chandler mall before the line starts to get long? i plan on standing in line but i want to be one of the first people there, so i don't have to wait long when they open.
    09-17-2013 10:57 PM
433 12345 ...