What are the chances of getting a 64gb 5s the day of?

maryjane2300

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Going off the past would u guys say its a realistic chance of me just walking in later that day after all the mayhem early on and just purchasing a 64gb out right? After all they are the least sold gig right? How would most of u go about it? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
With the 5 the 64 was still around at some carrier stores .. It's hard to say with no pre order so people will buy what they have available.

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If you get to the store early enough I would say you have a good chance of getting one. In past years the 16GB version sold out first, followed by the 32GB model.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Because many people such as me hate contracts. It's cheaper to buy up front then to buy on contract.

Same here. Which is another reason why I'm purchasing the unlocked version this year. Don't want to sign another 2 year contract with AT&T just yet.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Because many people such as me hate contracts. It's cheaper to buy up front then to buy on contract.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm curious, how is it cheaper. Your bill with Att is the same regardless. You just pay more for the phone. It's cheaper to sign a contract and pay less for phone. With att, you can buy a discounted 64gb and pay ETF and still come out cheaper than buying out right. $399+$325+$35= $759.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious, how is it cheaper. Your bill with Att is the same regardless. You just pay more for the phone. It's cheaper to sign a contract and pay less for phone. With att, you can buy a discounted 64gb and pay ETF and still come out cheaper than buying out right. $399+$325+$35= $759.

The person who you quoted does not have AT&T as their wireless carrier. ;)

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

It's cheaper for me because if I subsidize the phone, I'll lose my unlimited data. I use on average anywhere from 8-12GB a month. If I were to switch to a tiered plan, my bill would rise to the point of me not being able to pay for it.

So in my case, it's cheaper to pay outright for the phone, use it until it breaks and then get a new one.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Should I go to my wireless carrier (AT&T) or the apple store? What's the best chance I walk in and get it??

The earlier you go, the better.

I stopped by a Verizon store for a problem with my BB a few days after the 4s dropped and before I got mine near Halloween. I asked the sales rep how fast they sold out and he said they sold out within the hour. I did not ask how many units they had for sale or which model sold out first (16GB or 32GB and the rest).

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
It's cheaper for me because if I subsidize the phone, I'll lose my unlimited data. I use on average anywhere from 8-12GB a month. If I were to switch to a tiered plan, my bill would rise to the point of me not being able to pay for it.

So in my case, it's cheaper to pay outright for the phone, use it until it breaks and then get a new one.

Well, you have a point there. I didn't think about your data.

Jay De La Isla

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a fan of 2-year contracts neither. I always purchase my devices off-contract. I just bought 2 iPhone 5's couple months ago for my wife and I. Planning to dump them and get the 5s. I don't have to worry about the price of the device.. I'm rich!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Should I go to my wireless carrier (AT&T) or the apple store? What's the best chance I walk in and get it??

Depends on how busy your local AT&T store is. If they typically don't get too crowded you might have a better shot at getting the 5S that you want there. Apple stores tend to get the most crowds so unless you get in line very early you might be out of luck for getting the one you want.

maryjane2300

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Depends on how busy your local AT&T store is. If they typically don't get too crowded you might have a better shot at getting the 5S that you want there. Apple stores tend to get the most crowds so unless you get in line very early you might be out of luck for getting the one you want.

Thanks bud!

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

I don't wanna be locked into an agreement for two years as I frequently upgrade phones.

AT&T is not my carrier
It is more expensive for me on contract IN MY COUNTRY
Contracts are more expensive period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Skimcpip

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Even with ATT, the prepaid plans are different (and cheaper) than the contract plans. In fact ATT prepaid doesn't sacrifice much and you could wind up paying $60 instead of $90+ per month for basically the same thing. If you go to T-Mobile prepaid, or any of the ATT or T-Mobile MVNOs, you could do even better.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit