Poll: Are you going to buy an iPhone 5s?

Are you going to buy an iPhone 5s?

• Yes

Votes: 124 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 31 16.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 20 10.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 16 8.4%

• Total voters

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I made a point of buying my sons last phone at retail so I can use his upgrade to get the 5S, then next year I'll be up for the next one. I have an addiction! WE all do on here!:)

stlcheer

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I don't normally do the S upgrade but this time I decided to go for it. Selling my 5 for a good price helped make that decision.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
From the 4 to 4S i never saw the need to upgrade and that made the 5 that much better when I got it. With this in mind I am completely planning on getting the 5S. My only dilemma is in how I'm getting it. Normally I sign the two year contract and wait until the next full upgrade, this year Verizon introduced the Edge program. If I can get the phone using Edge I'll do that and sell my 5, using the money for something else (bills namely). If I can't use Edge I'll exchange my 5 and use that towards the upgrade. I don't really want to sign the 2 year contract but I'm still unsure on the Edge thing. It would allow me to upgrade every year like I really want to do. Life's dilemmas. Also, I won't be getting it launch day. There isn't any rush and I got the 5 the week after it came out. Made a few calls, no lines, no wait, walked out of RadioShack with the 5.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
No 5s for me. I was planning on staying with my 4s and various other os phones but yesterday I went from 4s to 5 because someone scrambling to get rid of their 5 had it at a crazy low price but I don't see anything in the 5s that attracts me. The features and "upgrades" feel gimmicky and I'd probably not use most of them. The larger screen coming from the 4s is enough to keep me happy for a while. I don't need fingerprint scanning or a faster processor or a camera any better than the 5 has. If future iPhones have something I desire or need, I'll upgrade but I don't need or desire anything larger than the 5's size so if iPhone gets bigger than it currently is, I am definitely not upgrading.

cody_21

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the 5S. I plan on ordering from Apple.com the moment they become available and I'll just wait for the delivery man a few days after.

tpags

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm buying a 5s!

Question for all the Apple peeps in here. I've never experienced trying to go into an Apple store on launch for a phone. I'm sure the stock at Apple stores on launch day grows each year, but do they sell out fairly quickly still? Or is it possible for someone to be able to buy 1 later in the afternoon on launch day? I have to work until 3 and then have an hour drive to the closest Apple store, just curious if it would be a waste of time. I really wish they had 5s for pre-order through Apple online like they did for the 5.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Luckily yes I am! The stars aligned for me on this one. Even though I bought an iPhone 5 last year I'm not on contract. I have been with the same carrier for the past 15 years but the last 10 I have always bought my phones full price. My wife still has an iPhone 4 so I was able to say I'll go on contract get the 5s subsidized and you will get my iPhone 5. Plus the carrier I'm on, Fido, here in Canada has what they call Fido dollars. It's a percentage of every bill and it can be applied to the cost of the phone. I have $150 which knocks off half the price Wohoo.

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently toting a 5 and VERY VERY tempted to get the 5s. I'm waiting for reviews of it compared to the 5 before i take the plunge (which is around 85%). 64bit and better gaming and apps is what is dragging me in, but my upgrade is still not up until next year. Although if i would get a new one next year, if the 6 will have a bigger a la-android/samsung/htc like screen, i'd still get the 5S even if the 6 was out

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was able to sell mine for 450 nobody wanted to pay more. this is in phoenix, so it may depends in your city. i had to pay 220 to cancel one of my many lines so my brother is without a phone right now :p until i use that line to get my iphone 5s then he can get his line back lol

Oh dang LOL. I had someone ask me on my eBay listing if I was willing to take $250 for my 32GB, couldn't believe that crap!

I want to wait in line but kind of don't want to cause staying up all night, ugh. I want to be able to play with my phone after I get not fall asleep. Question is will T-Mobile be selling unlocked versions? What I'm thinking is hitting up a T-Mobile to buy a phone but I'm not going to get service with them, obviously I will be paying full retail do you think they would sell it to me without getting service with them?

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
At first I wasn't going to. But apple yet again convinced me. Yesterday I sold my 16gb white iPhone 5 mint conditions. I have to ship it tomorrow to the buyer in NJ. I will be using a blackberry for a couple of days ewwwwww! What made this happen was the fact that sprint gave me a courtesy early upgrade :)

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I probably will. Just not immediately. Maybe around December or so. I was really hoping
for a 128GB version but it didn't come to fruition. So I'm not in a hurry to upgrade from
my 5.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
More than likely going to get a 5s before the end of the year but I want to see how my 4 handles iOS 7 first. iOS 6 slowed it down more than I expected. I also have a bunch of accessories that don't work with the lightning connector (speakers and powermat case/chargers) and unlimited data now. These things are hard to give up...

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I will be mainly because I want my phone back in black now, and I can use it as leverage when I get the 6 when it comes out.

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am still on the fence. I never jumped on the 5 as I did not like the form factor, nor the need to change call my cases, docking stations and adapters.

My 4s is fine, been running iOS 7 and happy with what I see and what I use. I don't care about Air drop or whatever that is.. can't see when I would personally use it.

However that being said, I do like the new camera, and I do like the finger scanner security.

I have three phones that I can use on my AT&T account for an update, so the cost is limited, and I don't plan on leaving AT&T so the 2-years is not an issue. I guess the only factor stopping me is the size of the 5s and the cost of the chargers and cables. I still don't know...

My gut says wait for the iPhone 6

Mic2cool7

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I will be! I'm also planning on standing in line as well because I have never done it before. Need to get an iPhone for work so figured I might as well get the newest thing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner