Who is jumping ship from BlackBerry or Android TO Apple now with today's Announcement?

Who Is Jumping Ship TO Apple from BlackBerry or Android?

• YES - Leaving BlackBerry

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • YES - Leaving Android

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • NO - Staying Where I Am

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • Not Sure What I Am Going To Do Yet

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I went through 3 HTC One's on T-Mobile until getting a refund also. there's definitely something wrong with HTC's quality control these days. But I'm in the same boat about just wanting something that works. If one more person tells me "Oh, just root and put on a custom to fix those issues", I'm gonna scream. Having a good phone should never be that involved of a process. I had to for my Note 2, but so far, I've been on the same ROM (jelly'beans') for the last 6 months with reduced issues besides the GPD and force closing, but I'm so ready to have a polished phone that just runs straight out of the box.

Seriously, what is it with HTC?! Same, I rooted every Android phone I owned. I liked the option to be able to do that, but it was so much work sometimes.

I couldn't agree more. Finally, a product that (hopefully) is flawless right out of the box.

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
So does this mean you are switching, Have already switched and going to one of the new iPhones and did you vote?

Yes, I voted that I was switching from Android. I'll be ordering the 5s on the 20th and hope to receive it early the following week.

I'm just fed up with the quality control of Android manufacturers. I've had the iPhone 3G and 4 before, so I'm no stranger to iOS.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Since one of the poll options is "no-staying where I am", it would be assumed that comments from those voters would be welcomed, as well. Since those are in the majority, the thread would be quite empty without those comments.

yeah my apologies was reading from the app didn't see the poll and was just going purely by thread title.

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I am sticking with Android. I am very invested in the ecosystem and I like the way Google services are integrated into it. I also like how much you can customize it. I love Swiftkey (a keyboard). The keyboard learns every detail about how you type and applies it to its autocorrection algorithms. That is one of the many reasons I stick with Android.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I came from Android (Galaxy NEXUS on 4.2.2 and Droid DNA) and I too love the Google services. I think you would be pleasantly surprised to see that Google services and Google Apps perform better on iOS than on Android. I know that seems improbable but perhaps it's just because iOS is just plain smoother overall. Google is continuously updating the apps and they work flawlessly.

MatttMN

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I know that seems improbable but perhaps it's just because iOS is just plain smoother overall. Google is continuously updating the apps and they work flawlessly.

So glad to hear this. 5S will be my first iPhone after several Androids. I rely on gmail, Keep, google calendar, so glad they work well.

I'm not switching because of any new features in the announcement. Rather, tired of Android issues and have the rest of the family on iPhones, so was just waiting for the next version, whatever it brought, to finally renew my contract and go iPhone.

WhiteSpir1t

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Just got banned from CrackBerry after 786 posts and proud!!! Boy did I regret buying the Z10.

After $715 deep for a Z10, I'm still waiting for apps.

Who wants a souvenir today?

EDIT: actually, I've been with iPhones for a solid 6 years since August 2007. It's the only phone I've used besides my trial w/BlackBerry Z10 for 3 months on and off.

Owned:
BlackBerry 8700 6 months
iPhone 2G 16 gigs: 2 years
iPhone 3GS 32 gigs: 4 months
iPhone 4 32 gigs: 3 years
now 4S 64 gigs: since summer 2013.

Z10 failed due to lack of apps, refinement, and OS flexibility--something that lacked due to no ability to jailbreak. The jitteriness due to being a real time OS warrants more refining, which is needed if not impossible to ever being perfected. As a result of this, my roommate called it "gimmicky" and "slow". In other words, BlackBerry's OS10 will never achieve the fluidness and tactile response, all around, matching iOS if ever. Don't let curiosity of peak & flow set you back $715 as I did. In hindsight, I wouldn't even pay $50 if I had the chance let alone even look at the z30.

This 4S will last me two more years before dropping money for Steve's last piece of art: iPhone 6S, as I read.

Posted via CB10 <----joke

Last edited:

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I currently have an HTC One, a Samsung Galaxy S2 and an iPhone 5. The HTC has not missed a beat since day one, neither has the iPhone. The Samsung is now getting old and has started to develop major problems, so it will soon be relegated to the drawer. I was initially looking at the Note 3 to replace the S2 but Samsung's region locking (slipped in by the back door) and artificial benchmark inflation has meant I will never buy another Samsung cellphone again. The 5S is now looking like a mighty fine replacement for the S2. I just wish the screen was a bit bigger (I know, it's been said many times before and I'm not going to rehash an old argument).

engmessam

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Who is jumping ship from BlackBerry or Android TO Apple now with today's Anno...

I own a Z10 and nexus 4, i was planning to replace my nexus for a 5s.
But there is a lot of negativity out there regarding the ios performance and childish look.
Please advise...!

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Who is jumping ship from BlackBerry or Android TO Apple now with today's Anno...

I currently own a S3- no issues. Well the biggest problem is the screen is not bright enough in sunlight. That's it.
Ordered my 32gb space gray yesterday.

WhiteSpir1t

May 26, 2013
Visit site

But there is a lot of negativity out there regarding the ios performance and childish look.
Please advise...!

Haven't your mother ever taught you to never judge a book by its cover? What do you use your phones for besides making phone calls?

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 <---$715 later and still waiting for apps

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Please advise...!

Let me assure you, the 'cartoonish' look was Jony I've's idea but it really doesn't change iOS one bit...

Its still the same old same old.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

Let me assure you, the 'cartoonish' look was Jony I've's idea but it really doesn't change iOS one bit...

Its still the same old same old.

Actually I beg to differ. It makes it seem super super slow. At least in my 4S and most Definatly is on my 4. I'm not going for the 5S because of security and quality concerns. Meaning when I can find a way of crippling that gimmicky fingerprint reader and I can get rid of those in my opinion icons that make it look like a Chinese knock off of itself.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm still doing RESEARCH, however the odds are in favor of jumping both Android and Blackberry "ships" for a GOLD iphone 5s

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Actually I beg to differ. It makes it seem super super slow. At least in my 4S and most Definatly is on my 4. I'm not going for the 5S because of security and quality concerns. Meaning when I can find a way of crippling that gimmicky fingerprint reader and I can get rid of those in my opinion icons that make it look like a Chinese knock off of itself.
My Son is using the iPhone 4S and my Daughter is using my old iPhone 4. Both iPhones are running iOS 7 since it came out and neither one of them has any problems at all, including lag.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

My Son is using the iPhone 4S and my Daughter is using my old iPhone 4. Both iPhones are running iOS 7 since it came out and neither one of them has any problems at all, including lag.

I had it. I did the OTA then a fresh restore. I was smart enough to cache my shsh blobs and stitch them in to the firmwares and be able to downgrade. Everything just seemed so slow on both. If your kids don't have that issue good for them and lucky them too because I'm not the only one with lag especially on the 4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox