Who is jumping ship from BlackBerry or Android TO Apple now with today's Announcement?

Who Is Jumping Ship TO Apple from BlackBerry or Android?

• YES - Leaving BlackBerry

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • YES - Leaving Android

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • NO - Staying Where I Am

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • Not Sure What I Am Going To Do Yet

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a few Androids, a few BlackBerrys and an iPhone 4s. BlackBerry is what I've been using for a while for no good reason. I like all OS but feel iOS gives me the best of all phone worlds. Just yesterday I bought an iPhone 5 at a very low price because a friend wanted to sell it in order to buy a 5s so I guess I'm technically coming back to iPhone to see how a 5 with iOS7 handles but certainly not because I was impressed by anything iPhone 5s/5c or because all other OS are horrible.

CSI Guy

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Who is jumping ship from BlackBerry or Android TO Apple now with today's Anno...

Will be back when they get a larger screen and larger battery. Love iPhone but these tired old eyes just need a bigger screen. But will still be using my iPad Mini and iPad until then. Cant wait for ios7.

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Who is jumping ship from BlackBerry or Android TO Apple now with today's Anno...

I'm using the RAZR Maxx HD and until apple builds a phone with a larger screen and give battery capability as my Maxx I'm staying with Android. I'm not an apple hater as I do use the Ipad4 but the phones to me are just too tiny and everyone I know who has the iPhones always have them plugged in where I can go all day on major heavy use or 3 days on light use on a single charge.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

everyone I know who has the iPhones always have them plugged in where I can go all day on major heavy use or 3 days on light use on a single charge.

Really?? I can go 2-3 days on a charge without plugging my iPhone 5 in and it has been that way since I got it.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1379033875.787921.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I have to say I get the same great battery usage out of my 4S soon to be 5S.

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I'll put my maxx up battery wise to any iPhone any day

4yqaruve.jpg

sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2

tpags

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I would probably say that I'm an Android guy but have also had several Iphones. I currently have a Nexus 4 and am planning on buying the 5s while also keeping the Nexus 4. Apple as a whole just does a lot of things right.

Ex: Product announcement followed directly with when we as the consumers can buy it and where. A lot of Android Manufacturers have an announcement and leave you waiting for availability. When an update is available it is available. Android, not so much unless you have a Nexus. And most importantly I am sick of paying full price (hate contracts) for plastic. Android also does a lot of things right and I love my Nexus but I guess I just want a change of pace for awhile. The screen size is the only thing making me question a 5s purchase.

Sorry for the long post. Am I jumping ship, no! Am I buying a 5s, yes!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Really?? I can go 2-3 days on a charge without plugging my iPhone 5 in and it has been that way since I got it.

View attachment 37759

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

You've had crazy awesome battery life since day 1 so jelly!!

My best run has been 40 hours.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Not android or blackberry, but I will be jumping ship from WP to the 5s. I used to have a 5, but curiosity got the best of me about WP and the Lumia 928. My take on these two things are that WP is not quite ready for prime time, and that Nokia is not the great phone maker that everybody makes them out to be. I will be trading in the 928 for the 5s next Friday. I'm not overwhelmingly excited about the 5s new features, but I didn't really expect much anyway being that it is just an S model. I'm mainly switching back for Apple's rock solid reliability. I have to admit that I will miss wireless charging, but that's about it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Posters like you are why these forums suck and why no one who is not an Apple fanboy posts on them anymore. Argue with people why their opinion is not valid? Seriously? Thanks. But no thanks.

Actually everyone who has said they have a point, they have an opinion is wrong in this case. The thread title is If you're thinking of leaving your platform post. It didn't say anything about if you're not leaving or what is your opinion there are other threads for that.

So thanks to the people who have been straight up about switching. As an iOS user it has been interesting to read your thoughts and reasons. Hopefully more will join in.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Originally Posted by Alik Malix -
"Which is why so many FLOCK to it"? Seriously, why do people mention one simple thing about iDevice and make that the overall reason why Apple outsells just about all of other devices? Yes, iOS is incredibly easy to use even with plethora of features added on over the life I owned an iPhone - this is something that other manufacturers are struggling to do to this day. BUT there are so, so, so much more core reasons why people are "flocking" (like sheep, right?) to iOS. How about apple store and real face to face support on demand, how about +95% updated devices virtually instantly, how about design (regardless for lack of gigantic screen sizes) people still buy it. And I can put money on the fact that i5S/C will outsell its predecessor and all other brands low and high (obviously where iPhones are sold). Regarding the keyboard, why do android/bb/etc users act like iOS keyboard is just like the crappy one that comes stock on their devices? I mean, you guys pay extra money to correct this issue, for crying out loud. You do realize that the keyboard has predictive, habit learning, can be programmed to fill in a paragraph with a few letter input, and support for all those features in other languages (it corrects my spelling while typing in Russian for example).

Your attempts to make iOS or I devices insignificant by your choice of words is pitiful at best. Good luck.

Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar -
I know Fairclough he wasn't bashing Apple or Apple users.

Before iMore, my sources for Apple news and discussion were articles from the tech sites. You are bombarded by troll, even clever trolls, so you get used to defending your choice and clearing up misconceptions about Apple products. I'm like a dog that's been beaten by original owners that finally found a good home, I guess I still got my tail between my legs everytime someone approaches.

For what it's worth...

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Before iMore, my sources for Apple news and discussion were articles from the tech sites. You are bombarded by troll, even clever trolls, so you get used to defending your choice and clearing up misconceptions about Apple products. I'm like a dog that's been beaten by original owners that finally found a good home, I guess I still got my tail between my legs everytime someone approaches.

For what it's worth...

Trust me, I've been there. In fact I'm defending the iPhone 5S on Android Central fit now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Actually everyone who has said they have a point, they have an opinion is wrong in this case. The thread title is If you're thinking of leaving your platform post. It didn't say anything about if you're not leaving or what is your opinion there are other threads for that.

So thanks to the people who have been straight up about switching. As an iOS user it has been interesting to read your thoughts and reasons. Hopefully more will join in.

Since one of the poll options is "no-staying where I am", it would be assumed that comments from those voters would be welcomed, as well. Since those are in the majority, the thread would be quite empty without those comments.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I just sold my iPhone 5 to update to the 5S. I am a long time Android owner and hacker for years. Love the ability to change it around and hack the hell out of It. I had the chance to use the iphone 5 for a few days and I enjoyed it. Bought the iphone 5 in white with 64gb of internal storage. Spent allot of $ on apps and accessories. Now I'm waiting for the 5S, getting it in white & silver or maybe gold with 64gb of internal storage. Never enough internal storage. I really miss SwiftKey keyboard, have it on all my Android phones. Fantastic keyboard. Apple needs to allow 3rd party keyboards. now saying all that I am also going to buy the new Note 3 with 64gb of internal storage if available. That phone is a real beast. More powerful than most home laptops. The S-Pen has been upgraded. Able to do just about anything with it. Great for work. May even grab the new Samsung watch, makes a great team. I build custom homes in the Boston area, the noise level is deafening sometimes. I can leave the Note 3 in my truck glove box and retrieve my notifications, answer and make calls from the watch. Put the watch on vibrate so I can feel my data coming thru. I really enjoy both OS and love the direction tech is going. Better get my *** back to work, going to need some scratch this month to buy all these great devices.
This is a great forum,
Vinny
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

My S3 is still running strong and I'm slowing down on upgrading every year. The big thing is cost. But since the 3GS I've always gone back and forth between iOS and Android. Keeps things interesting.

The things that make me want to stay with the S3-
- bigger screen- playing with the iPhone 5, I feel like this is what I would miss the most
- google apps- I'm a big, big user of google apps, esp. google docs. Still wary of the whole maps fiasco. Without google maps, I probably would have wasted weeks of my life last year being lost since I travel a lot.
- widgets and live wallpaper- I've toned down on the widgets. To be honest, the most useful ones for me are the calendar and weather. And that's pretty much it. Live wallpaper is cool looking and always have it.

The things that make me want to switch to iPhone 5S-
- 3rd party apps- soooooo much better than Android in terms of quality and selection. iPhone is far more fun because of it.
- fingerprint scanner- I love it. I absolutely HATE typing in keycodes, patterns, etc.
- I wanna try out iOS 7

I'm not so sure about the colors this year- I've had two white phones in the past. I thought I would love the gold but the official pictures have turned me off to them a bit, the black is so-so. What I need to do is go check it out in person. The other thing complicating the decision are the Lumias- I wouldn't mind trying one out, see what it's like.

Ultimately, it comes down to cost.
But hey, if you guys can help me win the iMore contest, sure, I'll pick up a 5S! :tongue:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2