Who is jumping ship from BlackBerry or Android TO Apple now with today's Announcement?

Who Is Jumping Ship TO Apple from BlackBerry or Android?

• YES - Leaving BlackBerry

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • YES - Leaving Android

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • NO - Staying Where I Am

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • Not Sure What I Am Going To Do Yet

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
NFC? That's a weird main criteria for a phone. Do you live in Europe?

No, I live in the US. High-end hardware from Windows Phone, Android and BlackBerry all have NFC capability now. I consider this feature more valuable than a front-facing camera for my usage patterns.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
"Which is why so many FLOCK to it"? Seriously, why do people mention one simple thing about iDevice and make that the overall reason why Apple outsells just about all of other devices? Yes, iOS is incredibly easy to use even with plethora of features added on over the life I owned an iPhone - this is something that other manufacturers are struggling to do to this day. BUT there are so, so, so much more core reasons why people are "flocking" (like sheep, right?) to iOS. How about apple store and real face to face support on demand, how about +95% updated devices virtually instantly, how about design (regardless for lack of gigantic screen sizes) people still buy it. And I can put money on the fact that i5S/C will outsell its predecessor and all other brands low and high (obviously where iPhones are sold). Regarding the keyboard, why do android/bb/etc users act like iOS keyboard is just like the crappy one that comes stock on their devices? I mean, you guys pay extra money to correct this issue, for crying out loud. You do realize that the keyboard has predictive, habit learning, can be programmed to fill in a paragraph with a few letter input, and support for all those features in other languages (it corrects my spelling while typing in Russian for example).

Your attempts to make iOS or I devices insignificant by your choice of words is pitiful at best. Good luck.

It seems like you get offended easily. It's a phone, not a family member. Fairclough's comment is one of the more platform agnostic comments that you will see on these forums. Fairclough is arguing that different phones will suit different people better. I don't understand how anyone argues against that concept.

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I was waiting for the iphone 5s for a long time. A few months ago I asked about whether I should wait for the new iphone or buy an iphone 5 (back in june). I decided to wait and am still using a Galaxy S2. I like what Apple has done with iOS7. I am not a fanboy of either OS or company and am open to trying out iphones. However, the pricing leaves a lot to be desired. Considering that in my country we dont have the luxury of carrier contracts and have to purchase smartphones at full price, this is a huge factor in the decision. Even the so-called cheap iphone 5C is priced higher than the s3 at the moment and almost as much as the s4. This is ridiculous. Not to mention that the colours are horrible (except the white). iPhone 5s is too darn expensive to really consider buying it. How I wish we had the luxury of carriers :) Its a tempting phone. So my point is, that while I have been considering a move to iphone for a while now, the the above factors keep me from doing so. I had hoped that the price of iphone 5 would be lowered but Apple decided to do away with it entirely (which is a shocking decision). Therefore I do not think that I will jump ship to Iphone. I will be much happier spending far less on an s4 or an xperia z1 and getting value for money rather than buying a very expensive iPhone.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I was waiting for the iphone 5s for a long time. A few months ago I asked about whether I should wait for the new iphone or buy an iphone 5 (back in june). I decided to wait and am still using a Galaxy S2. I like what Apple has done with iOS7. I am not a fanboy of either OS or company and am open to trying out iphones. However, the pricing leaves a lot to be desired. Considering that in my country we dont have the luxury of carrier contracts and have to purchase smartphones at full price, this is a huge factor in the decision. Even the so-called cheap iphone 5C is priced higher than the s3 at the moment and almost as much as the s4. This is ridiculous. Not to mention that the colours are horrible (except the white). iPhone 5s is too darn expensive to really consider buying it. How I wish we had the luxury of carriers :) Its a tempting phone. So my point is, that while I have been considering a move to iphone for a while now, the the above factors keep me from doing so. I had hoped that the price of iphone 5 would be lowered but Apple decided to do away with it entirely (which is a shocking decision). Therefore I do not think that I will jump ship to Iphone. I will be much happier spending far less on an s4 or an xperia z1 and getting value for money rather than buying a very expensive iPhone.

Just curious, while you would be paying more up front in your situation, is there a chance that you would recoup the difference come resale? I know here in the states, iPhones tend to hold a much higher resale value than high end android devices.

anon(231010)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Who is jumping ship from BlackBerry or Android TO Apple now with today's Anno...

I have no hatred towards iProducts and iOS at all. I think iOS 7 looks much nicer than previous versions of iOS, and I think it's great to see Apple implementing things other platforms have had for a while. It's not like the other platforms have never implemented something that Apple had first. That being said, I'm still going to stick to my Q10, Z10, and Nexus 4 for the time being because they just work better for me.

Apple didn't impress me with their announcements, and haven't for several years. I think BB10 is much more of a game changer than the general public perceives it to be. So i'll be sticking with my devices until Apple gives me something worth switching for.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Who is jumping ship from BlackBerry or Android TO Apple now with today's Anno...

I have no hatred towards iProducts and iOS at all. I think iOS 7 looks much nicer than previous versions of iOS, and I think it's great to see Apple implementing things other platforms have had for a while. It's not like the other platforms have never implemented something that Apple had first. That being said, I'm still going to stick to my Q10, Z10, and Nexus 4 for the time being because they just work better for me.

Apple didn't impress me with their announcements, and haven't for several years. I think BB10 is much more of a game changer than the general public perceives it to be. So i'll be sticking with my devices until Apple gives me something worth switching for.

The M7 can track when you are driving or walking and adjusts Apple or Google maps(when Google updates it to take advantage of it) to either mode. Plus you've got it knowing when you are sleeping so it pings the network a whole lot less. The dual flash with the software can produce over 1000 colour and intensity levels. Plus you have basically an 8 ultra pixel camera with HD Slo Mo video and normal video recorded at 120FPS.slo mo is at 60 FPS. The die size and the nm process is smaller therefore it is more efficient and the battery capacity has gotten a slight boost. On top of all that the GPU takes full advantage of the 64 bit computing opportunity a d graphics really look stunning.

Fingerprint scanner is sorta gimmicky right now but it has huge potential.
That's pretty massive IMO.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mrb666

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I was an addict to blackberry for years and took the mic out of iPhone users but 2+ years ago I was due an upgrade and as the latest blackberry was the same (or close) to the one I had I thought I would have an iPhone. The idea was that I would have a play for a couple of weeks then as the iPhone was the latest release would sell it and buy another blackberry. Within s week I was hooked to iPhone and have never looked back.
I agree that the android phone was extremely good but as I've imatch ipad mini and Apple TV I've no intention to move!

immovablesoup

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I love the design of the 5C, and had it been priced low enough for me to afford it, even if that meant slightly lower specs, I would've jumped on it.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I've got an IPhone 5 and an HTC One. I use one for work and one for personal use. Traditionally I don't usually buy the 'S' version, having not done it for the 4 or 3. I'm not going to change my mind. I'm looking at the new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to replace one of my phones but I haven't honestly decided which one yet.

If Apple had released a phone with a larger screen, I would have had no hesitation in dropping the HTC in favour of an Apple 'Phablet.'

I've got an iPad but no other Android devices and I just love the seamless integration of the Apple ecosystem. The Android phone is fantastic, with incredible battery life (better than my 5) and a fab screen but the OS just isn't as polished.

As I've said before, I use whichever device suits my needs and have no allegiance to either Apple or Android.

alicepattinson

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

Well I'm still using Apple so there's no switch. hahaha :D

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I know Fairclough he wasn't bashing Apple or Apple users.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Never entered my mind he was. He asked me a question and i gave him an honest answer to which you 'liked' my reply. No harm done anywhere and no disrespect on my part, Just a truth answer on my part.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Posters like you are why these forums suck and why no one who is not an Apple fanboy posts on them anymore. Argue with people why their opinion is not valid? Seriously? Thanks. But no thanks.
If you don't mind and i would like to ask a question that all I wish a a short and simple NON CONFRONTATIONAL answer. Ok with you? Cool! If you are ragging on Sean for posters like him as you cant stand and these forums suck...Why do you belong to all 5 of our forums and seem to somewhat participate? Remember play nice now. I am not looking to get into anything or have you read into anything here.

MastrMeatWad

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't currently plan to purchase the iphone 5s device, but I do like the Gold. I also have a device for each of the four major OS's, so I am not devoted to one more than the other. I just LOVE tech and each has their +/-'s.

BTW- The thread didn't mention WP's so...yeah... :/

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if I am jumping ship yet. I have to really look at the new iPhone, hold it, put it through its paces, see what iOS 7 has brought to the table. I won't blindly buy ANY phone without doing my own review of it, regardless of operating system. The phone has to work for ME, or I won't buy it.

Sent from somewhere

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that neither the new 5C nor the new 5S will have a dedicated notification LED. Man, look at all those BlackBerry users that Apple is leaving on the table... SMH

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that neither the new 5C nor the new 5S will have a dedicated notification LED. Man, look at all those BlackBerry users that Apple is leaving on the table... SMH

What!? You mean I don't have a choice? Screw this Apple crap, I'm going to buy a Q10...that company has a relevant future ahead, right?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually going to jump to Android once my contract is up...lol.
Choices are a good thing. If one platform isn't meeting your needs there are others like Android that may work out better for you. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Choices are a good thing. If one platform isn't meeting your needs there are others like Android that may work out better for you. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

Agreed. My choice now is actually whether to bow out of my contract early or not... ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods