Who is jumping ship from BlackBerry or Android TO Apple now with today's Announcement?

Who Is Jumping Ship TO Apple from BlackBerry or Android?

• YES - Leaving BlackBerry

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • YES - Leaving Android

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • NO - Staying Where I Am

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • Not Sure What I Am Going To Do Yet

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am curious as I read hundreds of threads a month from the CrackBerry and the Android Central people on their phone and how they have so much more over our IOS and hardware being a one hit wonder, Now with the official announcement hitting today and the specs are out, Who plans to jump ship and come over to Apple and without a doubt 100% going to be buying a new iPhone of any kind but primarily the new 5S or 5C and a brief why? There is no shame in being honest and we would love to have you.:)

As I asked above if you can or want to leave a brief explanation it would be appreciated so we know your own personal reasons. Thank you very much for participating and being candid no matter what the answer.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I was by no means blown away by today's presentation of the iPhone 5s, (which is to be expected from an "S" device anyways). However I will be switching from the S4 to the 5S, due to the fact I just like iPhone better. I prefer the ecosystem and overall integration between apple products. Also the fact that I'm studying programming so I can design apps for iOS is probably the biggest factor for my decision at this point.

neonworm

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I am sticking with Android. I am very invested in the ecosystem and I like the way Google services are integrated into it. I also like how much you can customize it. I love Swiftkey (a keyboard). The keyboard learns every detail about how you type and applies it to its autocorrection algorithms. That is one of the many reasons I stick with Android.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am sticking with Android. I am very invested in the ecosystem and I like the way Google services are integrated into it. I also like how much you can customize it. I love Swiftkey (a keyboard). The keyboard learns every detail about how you type and applies it to its autocorrection algorithms. That is one of the many reasons I stick with Android.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I think it's safe to say that you had no intention of moving to an iPhone regardless of what was shown today...

neonworm

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I think it's safe to say that you had no intention of moving to an iPhone regardless of what was shown today...

No, I have always been following iPhone news, and if they announced something really good that appeals to me more than what android offers, then I would get one. And, please don't make assumptions about me. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see folks who plan to switch pipe up too. so far most commenters I'm reading keep saying apple isn't "innovating"

apparently they all think "innovate" means throw every gimmick you can think of at the wall and see what sticks.

also they're saying the 4S, 5 and 5S are all "basically just the same thing" and we're all iSheep who would by a chunk of feces if it came with an apple logo.

really insulting stuff. of course if apple went the way of samsung and threw every gimmick known to man in, they'd just say its a copycat, and apple still sucks.

I even see people going on about some 2 year old motorola phone that had a fingerprint thing so apple will suck too. yeah so apple hasn't had two years of advances in its favor?

I think apple could cure cancer and the haters would still **** on our parade.

I wish apple had made a bigger screen too, but this is still a solid upgrade from my iphone 5 and I'm upgrading.

if there are folks on other platforms joining the apple universe, yes please post. It''ll be nice change from all the apple and apple user bashing.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No, I have always been following iPhone news, and if they announced something really good that appeals to me more than what android offers, then I would get one. And, please don't make assumptions about me. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I always follow the news on Android phones too, reading about the newest functions, features and releases, but i have no intention of buying any of the devices really, just not my thing, and I don't go to the other forums to tell them about it, lol...but here's the thing, the items you listed in your post are things you weren't going to see on the iPhone release today...you know it, and I know it...the WORLD knows it. And here's the kicker...your post history shows you're quick to jump to the defense of your precious Android devices...on an iPhone forum.

Trust me, there wasn't much "assuming" about it...you spell it out clearly with your posts, and it just seems funny that instead of listing off what you weren't thrilled about with the iPhone announcement today, you listed a bunch of Android features you love and said "I'm sticking with Android"...I guess i was just mainly thanking you for pointing out the obvious, lol.

Thanks.

neonworm

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I always follow the news on Android phones too, reading about the newest functions, features and releases, but i have no intention of buying any of the devices really, just not my thing, and I don't go to the other forums to tell them about it, lol...but here's the thing, the items you listed in your post are things you weren't going to see on the iPhone release today...you know it, and I know it...the WORLD knows it. And here's the kicker...your post history shows you're quick to jump to the defense of your precious Android devices...on an iPhone forum.

Trust me, there wasn't much "assuming" about it...you spell it out clearly with your posts, and it just seems funny that instead of listing off what you weren't thrilled about with the iPhone announcement today, you listed a bunch of Android features you love and said "I'm sticking with Android"...I guess i was just mainly thanking you for pointing out the obvious, lol.

Thanks.

This point of this thread is to say if we are moving, or think about moving, to Apple after today's announcement. I specifically said why I am sticking with Android. The thread asked, I answered.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Galaxy S3
I would have to agree that it sounds on one point alone - a keyboard you are never going to leave Android no matter what and oh yeh the integration of Google.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This point of this thread is to say if we are moving, or think about moving, to Apple after today's announcement. I specifically said why I am sticking with Android. The thread asked, I answered.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

The point of this thread was to ask people who had a realistic thought of moving over based on what was shown...you specifically named a bunch of Android only features that had zero chance of showing up on the iPhone, and gave an answer that I could have given for you without reading the list you put. So again, like i initially said, I think it's safe to say you had no intention of switching, regardless of what was shown.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Galaxy S3
We do and I certainly do appreciate it since I started the thread and Yes I did say to be brief and honest but I don't want this to turn into a thread that has to be monitored so thank you for your reply .have a great night. :)

Last edited:

neonworm

May 14, 2013
Visit site
The point of this thread was to ask people who had a realistic thought of moving over based on what was shown...you specifically named a bunch of Android only features that had zero chance of showing up on the iPhone, and gave an answer that I could have given for you without reading the list you put. So again, like i initially said, I think it's safe to say you had no intention of switching, regardless of what was shown.

Swiftkey has a chance of coming over to the iPhone. If apple let's developers make Keyboards, then Swiftkey would most likely get ported over to the iPhone.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.
Sean sometimes reasoning becomes to difficult to try with anyone you know what I mean. He will always be Android.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Well this thread seems to be heading in a hostile direction, but I'll take my chances anyway.

I'm not an Apple basher, but Apple products are not my preference. I prefer Android devices for many reasons. However, there is only one thing that I don't like about Android that iOS, Windows Phone and BlackBerry (legacy and 10) does better and that is voice-dialing via Bluetooth. I have modded an Android phone and use that on my main line (I have multiple lines), but it is getting old and I want to replace it. I tried a BlackBerry Z10 earlier this year and had to return all three of them because of other issues that could not be resolved. I like Windows Phone OK, but the lack of screen-orientation lock frustrates me to no end. I fear that I will throw a Windows Phone at the wall when the screen flips on me due to slight hand movement, and I don't want to waste my money like that on a high-end device.

That brought me to waiting on an iPhone 5S. I used an iPhone 4 in the past. If the iPhone 5S had added NFC capability, I would have been a first day purchaser. I can't justify spending ~$700 on a phone in 2013 that doesn't have NFC, so I'm back to considering my options. I'll use my modded Android phone on my main line until it dies, then see what's out then. My alternatives are to mod another Android phone or revert back to my iPhone 4 or Lumia 900 to handle my voice-dialing via Bluetooth needs.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
We do and i certainly do appreciate it since i started the thread and Yes I did to be brief and honest but I don't want this to turn into a thread that has to be monitored so thank you for your reply .have a great night. :)

Agreed! Lets keep it friendly and please stay on topic everyone. Thank you.

phuoc

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
After 3 months with the Q10, I'm selling it for the 5s. Reason: the iphone works for me. A week ago my Q went south for a day so, I borrowed my brothers spare 4s and was shocked at how easy it was to operate. So intuitive, no need for a walk through. I like easy:)

Fairclough

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
First Sean, He has a valid point. Similar to those who are locked into the Apple Ecosystem with Macbook Pro's, Ipads, Iphone etc, it is far easier for them to buy another Iphone and sync it all up with their current system than to download additional apps and a lot of twinkling to get it set up efficiently. It is understandable how he loves how the system is all integrated with all the Google services, after all it is one of the largest service providers and it just creates a simple integration. Secondly there is nothing wrong with a predictive keyboard, personally I am not a fan of swiftkey or anything similar, I prefer the stock nexus keyboard but that is my choice. I never got the hang of the iphone keyboard or its simplicity.

Some people prefer a device which allows great customisation to some extend, people have different views. As you can tell Neonworm prefers customising his phone to the experience he wants, you have to respect that. Jumping down his throat on the issue just causes more conflict between the OS crows.
Sean sometimes reasoning becomes to difficult to try with anyone you know what I mean. He will always be Android.
Jaguar, as an Ambassador, surely you would know to respect people's opinions on what device they use and how they are liking it. He clearly isn't bashing the device but is saying he prefers other devices for the aspects they have and the ecosystem he is currently in.

In my own opinion, I view the iPhones are greatly overpriced for what they are. Over here I cannot justify spending $1000 on a phone which has the same specs and features for the most part as a $300 Nexus. That is my opinion and I am sure most will disagree. I think it is fair that you will have to respect others opinions, android has their postives and it is why they have a 70% market share besides catering for the lower and upper segments of the market.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
That brought me to waiting on an iPhone 5S. I used an iPhone 4 in the past. If the iPhone 5S had added NFC capability, I would have been a first day purchaser. I can't justify spending ~$700 on a phone in 2013 that doesn't have NFC, so I'm back to considering my options.

NFC? That's a weird main criteria for a phone. Do you live in Europe?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly why I started the thread. Thank you for giving neonworm the proper explanation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR