View Poll Results: Who Is Jumping Ship TO Apple from BlackBerry or Android?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Leaving BlackBerry

11 15.28%
  • YES - Leaving Android

18 25.00%
  • NO - Staying Where I Am

35 48.61%
  • Not Sure What I Am Going To Do Yet

8 11.11%
    Well I'm still using Apple so there's no switch. hahaha
    09-11-2013 07:40 PM
    I know Fairclough he wasn't bashing Apple or Apple users.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Never entered my mind he was. He asked me a question and i gave him an honest answer to which you 'liked' my reply. No harm done anywhere and no disrespect on my part, Just a truth answer on my part.
    09-11-2013 08:32 PM
    Posters like you are why these forums suck and why no one who is not an Apple fanboy posts on them anymore. Argue with people why their opinion is not valid? Seriously? Thanks. But no thanks.
    If you don't mind and i would like to ask a question that all I wish a a short and simple NON CONFRONTATIONAL answer. Ok with you? Cool! If you are ragging on Sean for posters like him as you cant stand and these forums suck...Why do you belong to all 5 of our forums and seem to somewhat participate? Remember play nice now. I am not looking to get into anything or have you read into anything here.
    09-11-2013 08:40 PM
    I don't currently plan to purchase the iphone 5s device, but I do like the Gold. I also have a device for each of the four major OS's, so I am not devoted to one more than the other. I just LOVE tech and each has their +/-'s.

BTW- The thread didn't mention WP's so...yeah... :/
    09-12-2013 09:38 AM
    I don't know if I am jumping ship yet. I have to really look at the new iPhone, hold it, put it through its paces, see what iOS 7 has brought to the table. I won't blindly buy ANY phone without doing my own review of it, regardless of operating system. The phone has to work for ME, or I won't buy it.

Sent from somewhere
    cardfan likes this.
    09-12-2013 09:57 AM
    I'm actually going to jump to Android once my contract is up...lol.
    09-12-2013 10:00 AM
    I just noticed that neither the new 5C nor the new 5S will have a dedicated notification LED. Man, look at all those BlackBerry users that Apple is leaving on the table... SMH
    09-12-2013 12:37 PM
    I just noticed that neither the new 5C nor the new 5S will have a dedicated notification LED. Man, look at all those BlackBerry users that Apple is leaving on the table... SMH
    What!? You mean I don't have a choice? Screw this Apple crap, I'm going to buy a Q10...that company has a relevant future ahead, right?
    09-12-2013 12:51 PM
    I'm actually going to jump to Android once my contract is up...lol.
    Choices are a good thing. If one platform isn't meeting your needs there are others like Android that may work out better for you. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app
    09-12-2013 01:41 PM
    Choices are a good thing. If one platform isn't meeting your needs there are others like Android that may work out better for you. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Agreed. My choice now is actually whether to bow out of my contract early or not...
    09-12-2013 01:57 PM
    ​I hated that LED.
    09-12-2013 02:06 PM
    It was nice, but annoying at times.... lol
    revtech likes this.
    09-12-2013 02:09 PM
    I have a few Androids, a few BlackBerrys and an iPhone 4s. BlackBerry is what I've been using for a while for no good reason. I like all OS but feel iOS gives me the best of all phone worlds. Just yesterday I bought an iPhone 5 at a very low price because a friend wanted to sell it in order to buy a 5s so I guess I'm technically coming back to iPhone to see how a 5 with iOS7 handles but certainly not because I was impressed by anything iPhone 5s/5c or because all other OS are horrible.
    09-12-2013 05:36 PM
    Will be back when they get a larger screen and larger battery. Love iPhone but these tired old eyes just need a bigger screen. But will still be using my iPad Mini and iPad until then. Cant wait for ios7.
    09-12-2013 06:02 PM
    I'm using the RAZR Maxx HD and until apple builds a phone with a larger screen and give battery capability as my Maxx I'm staying with Android. I'm not an apple hater as I do use the Ipad4 but the phones to me are just too tiny and everyone I know who has the iPhones always have them plugged in where I can go all day on major heavy use or 3 days on light use on a single charge.
    09-12-2013 08:50 PM
    everyone I know who has the iPhones always have them plugged in where I can go all day on major heavy use or 3 days on light use on a single charge.
    Really?? I can go 2-3 days on a charge without plugging my iPhone 5 in and it has been that way since I got it.

Who is jumping ship from BlackBerry or Android TO Apple now with today's Announcement?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1379033875.787921.jpg

revtech and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    09-12-2013 08:57 PM
    I have to say I get the same great battery usage out of my 4S soon to be 5S.
    09-12-2013 09:14 PM
    I'll put my maxx up battery wise to any iPhone any day

sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2
    09-12-2013 10:17 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/13/4yqaruve.jpg

Very impressive considering your phone wasn't in use for almost half the time.../s

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    09-12-2013 10:45 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/13/4yqaruve.jpg

​I take this as a NO you are staying where you are....
    Fausty82 and revtech like this.
    09-12-2013 10:48 PM
    ​I take this as a NO you are staying where you are....
    As stated until apple goes to at least a 4.5" screen and offer battery life equal to what I'm using now I'm staying.

09-12-2013 11:01 PM
    I would probably say that I'm an Android guy but have also had several Iphones. I currently have a Nexus 4 and am planning on buying the 5s while also keeping the Nexus 4. Apple as a whole just does a lot of things right.

Ex: Product announcement followed directly with when we as the consumers can buy it and where. A lot of Android Manufacturers have an announcement and leave you waiting for availability. When an update is available it is available. Android, not so much unless you have a Nexus. And most importantly I am sick of paying full price (hate contracts) for plastic. Android also does a lot of things right and I love my Nexus but I guess I just want a change of pace for awhile. The screen size is the only thing making me question a 5s purchase.

Sorry for the long post. Am I jumping ship, no! Am I buying a 5s, yes!
    09-12-2013 11:21 PM
    Really?? I can go 2-3 days on a charge without plugging my iPhone 5 in and it has been that way since I got it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1379033875.787921.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	37759

You've had crazy awesome battery life since day 1 so jelly!!

My best run has been 40 hours.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    09-13-2013 12:32 AM
    Not android or blackberry, but I will be jumping ship from WP to the 5s. I used to have a 5, but curiosity got the best of me about WP and the Lumia 928. My take on these two things are that WP is not quite ready for prime time, and that Nokia is not the great phone maker that everybody makes them out to be. I will be trading in the 928 for the 5s next Friday. I'm not overwhelmingly excited about the 5s new features, but I didn't really expect much anyway being that it is just an S model. I'm mainly switching back for Apple's rock solid reliability. I have to admit that I will miss wireless charging, but that's about it.
    09-13-2013 10:33 AM
    Posters like you are why these forums suck and why no one who is not an Apple fanboy posts on them anymore. Argue with people why their opinion is not valid? Seriously? Thanks. But no thanks.
    Actually everyone who has said they have a point, they have an opinion is wrong in this case. The thread title is If you're thinking of leaving your platform post. It didn't say anything about if you're not leaving or what is your opinion there are other threads for that.

So thanks to the people who have been straight up about switching. As an iOS user it has been interesting to read your thoughts and reasons. Hopefully more will join in.
    09-13-2013 03:26 PM
125 12345