I was going to come back to iPhone, but after today I'm re- thinking that !!!

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
No I'm not a troll (see my past postings for proof)

I am just so frustrated with Apple after today,,,,, today was just another example of how lame and non-innovated they have become.

Yea,,,, great idea Apple,,,, the black iphone 5 IS without doubt the coolest looking phone on the planet so ya do away with it to replace it with gold and gray,,,, good move Apple !!!!

Yea,,, I get it, the black iphone was prone to nicks so instead of figuring a way to make it nick proof ya just drop your most popular color for silver and gold which will also get nicks on the finish.

And then after a year of the 5 the incremental upgrades announced today on the 5s are the best you can come up with,,,,, my GS4 and Note 2 have had most of those features for the last year except for the finger print scanner which may or may not end up being a good feature.

The camera on the 5s is about the only thing I'm holding onto hope for,,,, I've done side by side shots with my GS4 and iPhone 5 and in most cases my GS4 has won,,,, if the 5s camera truly blows away my GS4 then yes I "might" get it in spite of the gold and gray colors.

Dropping the black, still the same 4" size screen are two main reasons that I might just stick with Android.

Apple is trying to regain sales from Android and the 5s is the best they can do,,,, wow !!!

I'm sure some of the Apple fanboys are just fine with the 5s,,,, but for some one like me that uses both iOS and Android I am very much not impressed after today.

What's next Apple,,,,, hey I got a great idea,,, how bout a non-retina iPad mini 2,,,,, that will be a great move too !!!!!

Cheers
Davyo

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No I'm not a troll (see my past postings for proof)

I am just so frustrated with Apple after today,,,,, today was just another example of how lame and non-innovated they have become.

Yea,,,, great idea Apple,,,, the black iphone 5 IS without doubt the coolest looking phone on the planet so ya do away with it to replace it with gold and gray,,,, good move Apple !!!!

Yea,,, I get it, the black iphone was prone to nicks so instead of figuring a way to make it nick proof ya just drop your most popular color for silver and gold which will also get nicks on the finish.

And then after a year of the 5 the incremental upgrades announced today on the 5s are the best you can come up with,,,,, my GS4 and Note 2 have had most of those features for the last year except for the finger print scanner which may or may not end up being a good feature.

The camera on the 5s is about the only thing I'm holding onto hope for,,,, I've done side by side shots with my GS4 and iPhone 5 and in most cases my GS4 has won,,,, if the 5s camera truly blows away my GS4 then yes I "might" get it in spite of the gold and gray colors.

Dropping the black, still the same 4" size screen are two main reasons that I might just stick with Android.

Apple is trying to regain sales from Android and the 5s is the best they can do,,,, wow !!!

I'm sure some of the Apple fanboys are just fine with the 5s,,,, but for some one like me that uses both iOS and Android I am very much not impressed after today.

What's next Apple,,,,, hey I got a great idea,,, how bout a non-retina iPad mini 2,,,,, that will be a great move too !!!!!

Cheers
Davyo

Thanks for coming back here to share your opinion...

I?m really fond of strawberry ice cream, but Mr Baskins and Mr Robbins sure sell a lot of chocolate, vanilla and tutti-fruity, too. Guess that?s why they have 31 flavors and why there are more companies making smart phones... everybody gets to make a choice... clearly yours isn't Apple. Good luck with that.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey buddy.

I understand your frustration. I've been an apple fan boy since the iPhone 3G.
Yes after seeing today's presentation, I wasn't to impressed.
Subtle features like a finger print scanner, new A7 chip and a few features with the camera isn't all that amazing.

I just feel after Steve jobs passed, there innovation hasn't evolved that much.
But in seeing your side , I'm also happy with the slight adjustment in a processor.
Havering a 64 bit phone with PC console graphics caught my attention.
That the main reason why I'm deciding to get it although I have the iPhone 5.

What would you of wanted from the presentation to make you happy?

Android is innovative and yes they have done things before apple. Only difference is APPLE FOCUSES ON QUALITY over specifications.
They want there product to chiseled to the consumer.
It's like a Ferrari. They haven't changed how it looks like for years but it's a dam sexy car.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2 pro

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
First off I don't know what else people want from this launch! With all the rumors and speculation for the past few months we knew there wasn't going to be a screen increase, nothing super crazy. The only thing again I see people b1tching about is the bigger screen.

The S class updates have always been an improvement on the design from the previous year and always will be.

Next year I'm sure we'll get the bigger screen but for now I'm pretty happy with the 5S and will be getting it.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

tack

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Most are underestimating the upgrades in the 5s, and are not giving credit to some serious improvements and innovations. Most people are focused on the screen, and without a bigger screen it won't be seen as innovative or even new. That is short sighted. The processor is the first 64-bit of its type, leap frogging ARM and partners who are only in prototype mode. The M7 chip opens up a lot of possibilities for a hot market for devices like the jawbone up and fitbit. The camera should be quite a sizeable image quality and low light performance upgrade, but we will see after testing. The finger print reader is quite innovative and opens up a lot of corporate acceptance for security reasons. Losing a device should present less risk if the use of the reader can be enforced by admins. I want to see the battery life for sure, and it better be longer, quite a bit longer.

Overall, I think the 5s is a nice upgrade. Many will disagree and say they don't innovate. I disagree. When you combine iOS 7 and the hardware, I think there are quite a few improvements in there. Maybe not a lot more than a Samsung announcement, but on par for sure. Those that say Apple does not innovate, but claim Samsung and others do, are just haters. The sales results will tell.

How much can we really expect going forward an on annual upgrade path in terms of annual innovation? Innovation rarely comes linear in my experience. It comes in spurts. I think the 5s is targeted at 4 and 4s owners, not necessarily 5 owners. To me the only two things not on par and better that other phones out there are the screen size and the scratch factor for the aluminum. Those two need addressed in the 6, and I agree it would have been great if they would have addressed this this round. Everything else to me make this the best phone on the market, still.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I was underwhelmed by the keynote today...but you know, hours after I had a chance to sit and process it, I was being an ***** for being underwhelmed, and here are the reasons why...

- The 5S is a refresh device, and like the other "S" designated models, it implements new features, not new design...this coming iPhone does that in spades.
- People need to look up the word "innovate" before they use it ever again...you'll understand why it sounds asinine to say when referencing the new iPhone.
- The finger print scanner is a cool a$$, high tech, freakin' AWESOME feature...and while it wasn't a deal breaker for me, just think about it for a minute, that's on our PHONE! lol!

...and I think the biggest thing that drew me back was the fact that we are not only getting this phone, but we're getting iOS 7. You're now going to ask "So, all of the iPhone's are getting iOS 7, you shouldn't consider that a feature to the new iPhone's, right?", and my answer is a resounding YES, you SHOULD consider it a feature because it IS a feature...we just so happen to be lucky enough to have a company like Apple behind it that will take the operating system, and make it ripple across ALL of their devices for continuity and ease of function between them all.

We have a brand new (and sexy I might add) iPhone with a brand new operating system, some sci-fi tech in it that we've only been dreaming about for the last decade...and in the end, it'll still be the reliable, easy to use, beautiful device we've grown accustom to.

So there it is...we have the best iPhone ever made coming in about a week and a half, and I'm stoked!

tack

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree on the innovation point. People think it means inventing, and it does not. It means:

- the introduction of something new
- a new idea, method, or device : novelty
- In technology, an improvement to something already existing
- (the act of making) a change or a new arrangement
- the application of new solutions that meet new requirements, inarticulate needs, or existing market needs

I can be something new or a new invention, but it is often just doing something better or combining things in a new way that improves.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was underwhelmed by the keynote today...but you know, hours after I had a chance to sit and process it, I was being an ***** for being underwhelmed, and here are the reasons why...

- The 5S is a refresh device, and like the other "S" designated models, it implements new features, not new design...this coming iPhone does that in spades.
- People need to look up the word "innovate" before they use it ever again...you'll understand why it sounds asinine to say when referencing the new iPhone.
- The finger print scanner is a cool a$$, high tech, freakin' AWESOME feature...and while it wasn't a deal breaker for me, just think about it for a minute, that's on our PHONE! lol!

...and I think the biggest thing that drew me back was the fact that we are not only getting this phone, but we're getting iOS 7. You're now going to ask "So, all of the iPhone's are getting iOS 7, you shouldn't consider that a feature to the new iPhone's, right?", and my answer is a resounding YES, you SHOULD consider it a feature because it IS a feature...we just so happen to be lucky enough to have a company like Apple behind it that will take the operating system, and make it ripple across ALL of their devices for continuity and ease of function between them all.

We have a brand new (and sexy I might add) iPhone with a brand new operating system, some sci-fi tech in it that we've only been dreaming about for the last decade...and in the end, it'll still be the reliable, easy to use, beautiful device we've grown accustom to.

So there it is...we have the best iPhone ever made coming in about a week and a half, and I'm stoked!

Awesome post Sean! The main thing I was underwhelmed about was no live feed :( LOL.

I'm stoked also, already have my 5 listed LOL.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

The only bad part of posting behind Sean is whatever you have to say makes things tough unless you are as spot on as him. What I am saying is he is a hard act to follow and I just finished watching the entire keynote for the second time today to clarify some posts and threads other members asked and it was that important to me to get my own questions answered but try and help with theirs.

I am as stoked as Sean and in my way as i did with my 4S I will wait until the new phone is in public hands for a month, goes through it at least one routine OS bug fix, listen intently to their and take it in and with that and being satisfied I will go to my local Apple store and but a Space gray 32GB. With that knowing i have an upgrade and 22 months of flawless 4S use and a new OS coming out, I will have a month to use the new OS on my 4S to learn what I don't and do but the bottom line as always I can say thank you Sean for the commentary and nuf said. :)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The only bad part of posting behind Sean is whatever you have to say makes things tough unless you are as spot on as him. What I am saying is he is a hard act to follow and I just finished watching the entire keynote for the second time today to clarify some posts and threads other members asked and it was that important to me to get my own questions answered but try and help with theirs.

I am as stoked as Sean and in my way as i did with my 4S I will wait until the new phone is in public hands for a month, goes through it at least one routine OS bug fix, listen intently to their and take it in and with that and being satisfied I will go to my local Apple store and but a Space gray 32GB. With that knowing i have an upgrade and 22 months of flawless 4S use and a new OS coming out, I will have a month to use the new OS on my 4S to learn what I don't and do but the bottom line as always I can say thank you Sean for the commentary and nuf said. :)

Haha yeah Sean likes to hog the spotlight.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
And don't forget THE 64-BIT PROCESSOR IN A 7.6(?)MM CASING, the improved camera IN THE SAME CASING, the fingerprint scanner IN THE SAME CASING, the secondary processing chip IN THE SAME CASING, but who cares it doesn't matter at all, it doesn't even matter that it has SLIGHTLY BETTER BATTERY LIFE THAN THE IPHONE 5. Yes, I was yelling a bit, no I'm not an Apple fanboy, I'm a tech fanboy, I like Blackberry, Android and Windows Phone too. But how many of the others can do what Apple just need in terms of power, security, keep it in the same housing but allow the battery to work more efficiently. That my friends is innovation, that my friends is what separates Apple from the pack.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site

I agreed. I always wait about a month or two to get the bugs and defected devices fixed

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Haha yeah Sean likes to hog the spotlight.

No way man, I just like to rally the troops...and you know, even I was a bit off today, but I realized something..."hype" comes in two ways, one from the legitimate source, and one from those expecting it, and within that, the things that people start assuming become rumors, and rumors become, at times, even more qualified because of the volume and frequency of them. Even with no validity at all to the stuff, it almost becomes REAL...the bigger iPhone, the wireless charging system, the NFC functionality, the features found on other phones...but all of this, it's never been what the Apple iPhone has been about.

I almost got caught up in it, but caught myself...I think it happened with this version more than others because how different the iPhone is from everything on the market now.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I waited so long for an all black iPhone. When the black/slate came out, I was sold right away! I'm afraid we might have seen the last of the black/slate iPhone. The hell I care about a gold iPhone. Might as well get gold grill in your mouth if you have the gold iPhone! I wasn't planning to upgrade but I'm just disappointed that I may not see a real black iPhone 6 when I upgrade next year. Then again who knows, iPhone 6 might finally bring the rumored liquid metal! I still think it's a great update for those getting the 5S. I'm not disappointed by the new features. It's the elimination of the black/slate!!!

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Make no mistake. This is actually a good upgrade from the 5 in terms of an x to xs upgrade. The camera is better. The touch ID is something people will actually use as opposed to something like Siri which has never lived up to its potential. 64bit is a big deal. Of course you have to take in consideration that the tech press pretty much spoils everything for these big releases. You know what's coming so when the announcement is official, it's natural to be underwhelmed. I'm not blown away by the 5S by any means but I think it's a nice upgrade and competitive with any phone currently on the market or ones that will be by the end of the year.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
No way man, I just like to rally the troops...and you know, even I was a bit off today, but I realized something..."hype" comes in two ways, one from the legitimate source, and one from those expecting it, and within that, the things that people start assuming become rumors, and rumors become, at times, even more qualified because of the volume and frequency of them. Even with no validity at all to the stuff, it almost becomes REAL...the bigger iPhone, the wireless charging system, the NFC functionality, the features found on other phones...but all of this, it's never been what the Apple iPhone has been about.

I almost got caught up in it, but caught myself...I think it happened with this version more than others because how different the iPhone is from everything on the market now.

LOL I was just joshing ya!

But I can see that for many users as well because we see all these other devices coming out with these crazy Specs and seemingly futuristic features and if Apple doesn't follow suit then then the not innovating card is pulled.

Clearly though Apple innovated their arses off today to the point of trumping every Android device out there today without increasing the screen size.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
too many think of "innovate" as something that apple would rightly see as "featuritis."

Samsung doesn't innovate. they find every gimmick they can get their hands on and cram it into the phone.

innovating is carefully making and improving the phone, taking thought to every detail, and how they all relate and add to useability, and with a vision and purpose, not tossing in everything but the kitchen sink and seeing what sticks.

samsung phones seem cluttered to me. Its like having a remote control with 300 buttons and you can't even figure out how to turn the TV on. LOL

now if you get that but just want to be utterly wowed every year, that's simply not possible. the original iphone was such an amazing improvement and people want that same wow factor every year. technology doesn't work that way. maybe in a few years apple will invent cancer curing iphones that can create holograms, but until then expect incremental improvements each year. the 6 will probably be faster with NFC and a bigger screen, and a few other improvements. and people will gripe because its not innovative enough.

Its like how people want a relationship to be as exciting as the honeymoon and life just don't work that way.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
too many think of "innovate" as something that apple would rightly see as "featuritis."

Samsung doesn't innovate. they find every gimmick they can get their hands on and cram it into the phone.

innovating is carefully making and improving the phone, taking thought to every detail, and how they all relate and add to useability, and with a vision and purpose, not tossing in everything but the kitchen sink and seeing what sticks.

samsung phones seem cluttered to me. Its like having a remote control with 300 buttons and you can't even figure out how to turn the TV on. LOL

now if you get that but just want to be utterly wowed every year, that's simply not possible. the original iphone was such an amazing improvement and people want that same wow factor every year. technology doesn't work that way. maybe in a few years apple will invent cancer curing iphones that can create holograms, but until then expect incremental improvements each year. the 6 will probably be faster with NFC and a bigger screen, and a few other improvements. and people will gripe because its not innovative enough.

Its like how people want a relationship to be as exciting as the honeymoon and life just don't work that way.

The definition of innovate is "to introduce something new; make changes in anything established." I'm no rocket surgeon, but this definition seems to support that Apple did indeed "innovate" with the 5s.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Ike Sean, I've more time to reflect on it and its definitely upgrade time. I think bottom line is this. Apple makes hardware for its software. The 5s is built for iOS 7. This represents the best experience apple can give u.

On the other hand my iPhone 5 was built for iOS6. I can put iOS 7 on it. But it will be slower. Not as optimized. And running 32 bit when the os is more capable. I wouldn't do this on the desktop. So I won't settle for those limitations here either.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Ike Sean, I've more time to reflect on it and its definitely upgrade time. I think bottom line is this. Apple makes hardware for its software. The 5s is built for iOS 7. This represents the best experience apple can give u.

On the other hand my iPhone 5 was built for iOS6. I can put iOS 7 on it. But it will be slower. Not as optimized. And running 32 bit when the os is more capable. I wouldn't do this on the desktop. So I won't settle for those limitations here either.

Idk, if the 5c, is the same as the 5 and its running iOS 7. Shouldn't be and issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234