I was going to come back to iPhone, but after today I'm re- thinking that !!!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
But seriously those of us who have been with iPhone since day one know that a S model is coming. Last year I said I will wait on the 5S. I may wait on the 6 and stick with my 4S for now but it will always be iPhone

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Apple is not going to be around forever, and neither are we. Those are facts! Having said that, trends come and go, especially in the tech industry. People will say that it is unreasonable to expect Apple to maintain its stature, but then turn right around and place unreasonable demands and expectations on it. People's own expectations take center stage over Apple's. I'd argue that some people don't have a clue to what kind of innovation they'd like to see. It's like my wife telling me she wants to go to a restaurant to eat, but don't know which one she prefers, and every one that I recommend gets turned down. When I finally make a decision to where we will eat, she finds a reason to complain about it. In short, and it doesn't matter what company it is, consumers will either like their products or they won't. They will either buy their products or they won't, but companies with a carefully laid out plan will usually be able to last longer than companies that do not. Lastly, we tech enthusiasts seem to forget that we represent a mere fraction of Apple's customers and yet, we think that our opinions and self indulged tech expertise should outweigh the overall satisfaction of its core consumers.

Yep. We call it the "I don’t know what I want, but whatever you gave me, that ain’t it" syndrome around our house. That and the fact that we, as a people, are extremely fickle. :)

Last edited:

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
No, We didn't know that until the 4S. Everyone expected a new design, but there was just the 4S. And they totally messed up the announcement of it. Now they don't even show the new iPods in september. It needs to go back to July

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
We all understand that many users are disappointed or upset that Apple replaced the Slate/Black with Space Gray. These people need to understand that ultimately their change in the color scheme will make the phone more durable i.e.: less prone to the scratches. Some of you may not remember but when the 5 was released there was a ton of backlash because the Slate model was scratching much, much easier and they were more visible. Also, going with the Space Gray color ultimately means that Apple will be able to build more devices because black is the hardest color to anodize and time consuming which is why Apple went with gray and gold is the easiest to anodize as well. It's not surprising to me that Apple released a gold variant.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Im not really sorry about this, but that will never happen. 5" screens are over rated. And so is Samsung. I prefer a Motorola Droid 4 over the crappy S4

SiLeNcEbOnE

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I think people don't really understand the word "innovate". I myself was a iphone user but switched to android due to the larger screen.
Majority of consumers that also switched, switched mainly because of the screen size. Bigger screen is better like they say.
Most of the consumers don't even care about the internals how fast it is how much ram it has or if it can run crysis as long as it runs smoothly and can run most downloaded games while also having a home screen that they find appealing to them.
You get a group of consumers that actually care about the phone itself. Speed, camera, battery life etc..
But then you get that group that will defend their iphones or android phones till death do them part. That group needs to be more open minded about other products.

No matter what phone any company comes up with you will always have people bashing them for not being innovative.

My opinion about this years reveal was the prices weren't what I thought it would be. I expected the 5c to be cheaper, meaning under $400.
At that price i doubt it will attract more consumers. You can buy a S4 for a couple more dollars which has a bigger screen. That's what you will hear people tell you.
Now only reason I'm still on android is due to the bigger screen size, I don't really care about android being open or that you can customize it as you want but I really dislike the stock roms on the phones. So much bloatware with stuff you don't even use ever. That's why I got my s3 with CM rooted with next launcher. Even tuned down the CPU frequency to 1ghz and it runs really smooth compared to stock rom on the s3.

What I would want to see next year is the iphone 6 having a bigger screen size while keeping the iphone 6c same size it is now so they can have it at a cheaper price.
Would want to see the next iphone have not a taller screen but more broader. So we can fit another set of icons next to it a 5 by 5 row counting out the main icons on the bottom. Then i'll switch back. That screen size would be more appealing to me. I don't care much about the specs itself, I really want a phone that runs smooth with a big screen. Hence I got the s3. But I prefer the apple ecosystem and the ios itself.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think people don't really understand the word "innovate". I myself was a iphone user but switched to android due to the larger screen.
Majority of consumers that also switched, switched mainly because of the screen size. Bigger screen is better like they say.
Most of the consumers don't even care about the internals how fast it is how much ram it has or if it can run crysis as long as it runs smoothly and can run most downloaded games while also having a home screen that they find appealing to them.
You get a group of consumers that actually care about the phone itself. Speed, camera, battery life etc..
But then you get that group that will defend their iphones or android phones till death do them part. That group needs to be more open minded about other products.

No matter what phone any company comes up with you will always have people bashing them for not being innovative.

My opinion about this years reveal was the prices weren't what I thought it would be. I expected the 5c to be cheaper, meaning under $400.
At that price i doubt it will attract more consumers. You can buy a S4 for a couple more dollars which has a bigger screen. That's what you will hear people tell you.
Now only reason I'm still on android is due to the bigger screen size, I don't really care about android being open or that you can customize it as you want but I really dislike the stock roms on the phones. So much bloatware with stuff you don't even use ever. That's why I got my s3 with CM rooted with next launcher. Even tuned down the CPU frequency to 1ghz and it runs really smooth compared to stock rom on the s3.

What I would want to see next year is the iphone 6 having a bigger screen size while keeping the iphone 6c same size it is now so they can have it at a cheaper price.
Would want to see the next iphone have not a taller screen but more broader. So we can fit another set of icons next to it a 5 by 5 row counting out the main icons on the bottom. Then i'll switch back. That screen size would be more appealing to me. I don't care much about the specs itself, I really want a phone that runs smooth with a big screen. Hence I got the s3. But I prefer the apple ecosystem and the ios itself.

​Well stated, sir....:)

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Apple is not going to be around forever, and neither are we. Those are facts! Having said that, trends come and go, especially in the tech industry. People will say that it is unreasonable to expect Apple to maintain its stature, but then turn right around and place unreasonable demands and expectations on it. People's own expectations take center stage over Apple's. I'd argue that some people don't have a clue to what kind of innovation they'd like to see. It's like my wife telling me she wants to go to a restaurant to eat, but don't know which one she prefers, and every one that I recommend gets turned down. When I finally make a decision to where we will eat, she finds a reason to complain about it. In short, and it doesn't matter what company it is, consumers will either like their products or they won't. They will either buy their products or they won't, but companies with a carefully laid out plan will usually be able to last longer than companies that do not. Lastly, we tech enthusiasts seem to forget that we represent a mere fraction of Apple's customers and yet, we think that our opinions and self indulged tech expertise should outweigh the overall satisfaction of its core consumers.

Hey, are you married to my wife?! ;-)

ADGrant

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
Hey buddy.

I understand your frustration. I've been an apple fan boy since the iPhone 3G.
Yes after seeing today's presentation, I wasn't to impressed.
Subtle features like a finger print scanner, new A7 chip and a few features with the camera isn't all that amazing.

I just feel after Steve jobs passed, there innovation hasn't evolved that much.
But in seeing your side , I'm also happy with the slight adjustment in a processor.
Havering a 64 bit phone with PC console graphics caught my attention.
That the main reason why I'm deciding to get it although I have the iPhone 5.

What would you of wanted from the presentation to make you happy?

Android is innovative and yes they have done things before apple. Only difference is APPLE FOCUSES ON QUALITY over specifications.
They want there product to chiseled to the consumer.
It's like a Ferrari. They haven't changed how it looks like for years but it's a dam sexy car.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2 pro

Android is innovative? In what way. The Android manufacturers mostly seem to be about bigger and bigger phones. How is that innovative?

The 5s OTOH is the first smartphone ever with a 64bit CPU and OS, the first camera with a variable color temperature flash (even Canon and Nikon don't have that), and what looks to be the first smartphone with workable biometric security. How is that not innovative?

ADGrant

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
I don't understand why people speak so senselessly. Look...APPL is down 33% from a year ago....33%!!!! Why? Well, possibly it is because APPL hasn't produced hardware that has captured the market like they used to. You know hardware that produced enough hype to launch their stock into the $700 range. Now, I would say it's totally unreasonable to have the expectation that APPL could have that sort of streak. But there is something to be said as to why the trend is shifting away from APPL hardware. It is not a bad idea to analyze why. In fact, that analysis is the very reason APPL went with various colour 5c...because people like it...they like options...APPL had not given that previously. I tell you, it wont be long before APPL loses even more market share at this rate. You can only ride a name so long. Right now APPL is riding on the iPhone name. Sure the eco system is great. Sure the phones are nice. But admit it, there are equally great alternatives, a vaster variety of options that APPL doesn't provide, and people jump to iPhone because it's trendy...especially first time buyers. But if iPhone can't actually maintain it's image or APPL can't impress in the future with tech, then I don't see it continuing to be a leader. I predicted the stock drop a year ago and I was laughed out of my buddy's house...but no I can say I told you so...sometimes a sober step back to assess the situation is a good thing. So many people on here are called trolls or what ever because they had higher hopes for the iPhone...but reality is APPL stock and market share and press impressions are mirroring these same unimpressed opinions...maybe it's time to listen to the so called 'trolls'

Apple's market share has been increasing in the US so they seem to be capturing that market. They also have the highest customer satisfaction numbers. Their biggest problem is their phones are very expensive which is why their global market share is falling. They also don't have 100% of the carriers offering the iPhone on their networks.

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Funny how people complain about Apple not putting a bigger size screen on their phones. I don't see the reason. Wouldn't it be the equivalent of an iPad Mini? Then they would complain about how iOS doesn't compliment the screen real estate and how it needs widgets and so forth. Which in turn would lead to more complaints of how Apple isn't innovating. It's just copying android with its widgets and so on. Lets be real here....not everyone will be satisfied

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to feel like people thought that the 5s was going to be some super new upgrade to the phone. Look at the 4 and 4s? There are minor if not no upgrades to the phone physically. It's software my friends. iOS 7 is what I'm looking forward to and thought that was what everyone else was hyped for.

But also keep in mind, they are just phones.

Peace and chicken grease.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro