I was going to come back to iPhone, but after today I'm re- thinking that !!!

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
And don't forget THE 64-BIT PROCESSOR IN A 7.6(?)MM CASING, the improved camera IN THE SAME CASING, the fingerprint scanner IN THE SAME CASING, the secondary processing chip IN THE SAME CASING, but who cares it doesn't matter at all, it doesn't even matter that it has SLIGHTLY BETTER BATTERY LIFE THAN THE IPHONE 5. Yes, I was yelling a bit, no I'm not an Apple fanboy, I'm a tech fanboy, I like Blackberry, Android and Windows Phone too. But how many of the others can do what Apple just need in terms of power, security, keep it in the same housing but allow the battery to work more efficiently. That my friends is innovation, that my friends is what separates Apple from the pack.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

Your " SAME CASING" points are a bit confussing to me,,,,,,,Didn't Samsung do the sames things with the Galaxy and Note's,,,,,,,,, faster inards, improved cameras, more features and bigger screens while at the same time keeping their phones the same size and in most cases reducing the actual size of their phones.

Cheers
Davyo

Donnee

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
For some reason "innovate" seems to have become synonymous with "whack a massive screen on it and hope for the best". If you scroll through most of the threads the vast majority of "not innovating" ones cite the screen size as the fault. If everyone had their way we'd all be wandering about trying to take calls on a 27" iMac like some kind of Dom Jolly sketch.

It might not look very flashy on the outside but the changes on the inside are pretty huge. To those saying the 5 was/is fast enough, don't forget most will be taking these out on a 2 year contract. Who knows what developers are going to want to run on it 2 years from now

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
As the OP of this thread I will add that in spite of my negative feelings about the incremental upgrades from the 5 to the 5s that took Apple a year to do, I still might have an interest in getting the 5s for the camera alone.

I use my GS4 as my main shooter and camera usage is one of my top priorities with a phone,,,, in my side by side testings, GS4 vs iphone 5 my GS4 was almost always the clear winner for picture quality,,,, if the 5s camera blows away the iphone 5 and my GS4 then I might get the 5s in spite of not being very excited about anything else the 5s has to offer.

But then I will have to figure out which crappy color to get since Apple discontinued the black,,,,, that's one thing that Apple blew everything else away on the planet away with,,,,, the black iphone 5 was the best looking phone ever made in the history of phone making and now their dropping the black.

Gold, gray or white,,,, I might have to decide which color makes me the least sick if the camera rocks.

Cheers
Davyo

Stevenojobs

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
No I'm not a troll (see my past postings for proof)

I am just so frustrated with Apple after today,,,,, today was just another example of how lame and non-innovated they have become.

Yea,,,, great idea Apple,,,, the black iphone 5 IS without doubt the coolest looking phone on the planet so ya do away with it to replace it with gold and gray,,,, good move Apple !!!!

Yea,,, I get it, the black iphone was prone to nicks so instead of figuring a way to make it nick proof ya just drop your most popular color for silver and gold which will also get nicks on the finish.

And then after a year of the 5 the incremental upgrades announced today on the 5s are the best you can come up with,,,,, my GS4 and Note 2 have had most of those features for the last year except for the finger print scanner which may or may not end up being a good feature.

The camera on the 5s is about the only thing I'm holding onto hope for,,,, I've done side by side shots with my GS4 and iPhone 5 and in most cases my GS4 has won,,,, if the 5s camera truly blows away my GS4 then yes I "might" get it in spite of the gold and gray colors.

Dropping the black, still the same 4" size screen are two main reasons that I might just stick with Android.

Apple is trying to regain sales from Android and the 5s is the best they can do,,,, wow !!!

I'm sure some of the Apple fanboys are just fine with the 5s,,,, but for some one like me that uses both iOS and Android I am very much not impressed after today.

What's next Apple,,,,, hey I got a great idea,,, how bout a non-retina iPad mini 2,,,,, that will be a great move too !!!!!

Cheers
Davyo

It's like people need smoke and BIG ANNOUNCEMENT to make them happy, you don't know what you're talking about. The iPhone 5S is the best smartphone on the market, and every aspect of it has been think and re-think so if you don't like it, you don't like cars like bentley, beautiful but people who don't know thoses cars, never watch them but they cost 300 000$ and goes faster than a ferrari...

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
For some reason "innovate" seems to have become synonymous with "whack a massive screen on it and hope for the best". If you scroll through most of the threads the vast majority of "not innovating" ones cite the screen size as the fault. If everyone had their way we'd all be wandering about trying to take calls on a 27" iMac like some kind of Dom Jolly sketch.

It might not look very flashy on the outside but the changes on the inside are pretty huge. To those saying the 5 was/is fast enough, don't forget most will be taking these out on a 2 year contract. Who knows what developers are going to want to run on it 2 years from now

The vast majority of threads you read say that screen size equals innovation,,,,, I read all the same threads here to and what they say is Apple has lost their innovations and we would also like to have a bigger than 4" screen size.

As far as you saying if everyone had their way we would all be walking around with 27" screens,,, your also wrong on that as well,,,,, with every poll taken the most wanted screen size is anywhere between 4.5 and 5",,,,, 4" for a smart phone really is a bit on the small side.

People vote with their dollars and while Apple is still top dog in some markets the bigger screen sized phones are catching up very quickly to Apple and in some markets beating out Apple in sales,,,,, Apple sticking with their one screen size fits all mentality has greatly hurt their bottom line.

If you look thru the threads on the Android forum you will find almost everyone over there owned iPhones and the top reason they jumped the Apple ship was not because of lack of innovation but rather lack of screen real estate.

Cheers
Davyo

jenil_295

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't say about others, bt i find a phone with 4.3' or more screen size a bit odd to hold and use....
Heck I've seen ppl use a samsung galaxy tab as a phone...
So for me screen size is a big plus abt dis device...
Also to pack something soo powerful in d exact same casing does require a lott of work...
And let's say if apple opens up d fingerprint sensor apis for developers, den who knows wat we will b looking at!
One thing for sure though is dat in a couple of years, we're looking at d next generation of security, controlled nt by passwords, bt our hands...

Nt to mention to pack something like finger print sensor which is only seen in sci--fi movies is an innovation..
And thise who think otherwise are just haters!

iPhone 5 16GB

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't expecting anything more from the iPhone 5S and all those updates are fine and I will get the new one. What I was disappointed about the most is the price for iPhone 5C. That would have been a great device for my kids if the price was $450 or less. (We are on TMobile so no subsidized price for us). They can make iPod touch with all aluminum casing, and extremely thin 32 GB for $299 and they have to charge double for cell radio,a generation newer CPU, upgraded camera and plastic casing with half the memory. That was my biggest issue with yesterday's announcement.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

I am just so frustrated with Apple after today,,,,, today was just another example of how lame and non-innovated they have become.

Yea,,,, great idea Apple,,,, the black iphone 5 IS without doubt the coolest looking phone on the planet so ya do away with it to replace it with gold and gray,,,, good move Apple !!!!

Yea,,, I get it, the black iphone was prone to nicks so instead of figuring a way to make it nick proof ya just drop your most popular color for silver and gold which will also get nicks on the finish.

And then after a year of the 5 the incremental upgrades announced today on the 5s are the best you can come up with,,,,, my GS4 and Note 2 have had most of those features for the last year except for the finger print scanner which may or may not end up being a good feature.

The camera on the 5s is about the only thing I'm holding onto hope for,,,, I've done side by side shots with my GS4 and iPhone 5 and in most cases my GS4 has won,,,, if the 5s camera truly blows away my GS4 then yes I "might" get it in spite of the gold and gray colors.

Dropping the black, still the same 4" size screen are two main reasons that I might just stick with Android.

Apple is trying to regain sales from Android and the 5s is the best they can do,,,, wow !!!

I'm sure some of the Apple fanboys are just fine with the 5s,,,, but for some one like me that uses both iOS and Android I am very much not impressed after today.

What's next Apple,,,,, hey I got a great idea,,, how bout a non-retina iPad mini 2,,,,, that will be a great move too !!!!!

Cheers
Davyo

I find you guys funny.

The M7 can track when you are driving or walking and adjusts Apple or Google maps(when Google updates it to take advantage of it) to either mode. Plus you've got it knowing when you are sleeping so it pings the network a whole lot less. The dual flash with the software can produce over 1000 colour and intensity levels. Plus you have basically an 8 ultra pixel camera with HD Slo Mo video and normal video recorded at 120FPS.slo mo is at 60 FPS. The die size and the nm process is smaller therefore it is more efficient and the battery capacity has gotten a slight boost. On top of all that the GPU takes full advantage of the 64 bit computing opportunity a d graphics really look stunning.

Fingerprint scanner is sorta gimmicky right now but it has huge potential. Please don't call the 5S a small upgrade when it isn't.
Apple did nothing to upgrade the 5? You are joking.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
In order for Tech to be affordable it has to be released slowly all the Smartphones coming out lately have small improvements to keep the price in a certain range but if you compare it to say Automobiles it would be Overwhelming a newer model car with new colors a bigger motor better alarm system at the same Price as last years model.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
did he just say that S4 camera is better than of the iPhone 5?

What I said was I did side by side shots with my GS4 and my iPhone 5, exact same pictures, same lighting, both set to auto modes,,,,, in about 80 to 90% of the pictures my GS4 was the clear winner for overall picture quality,,,, video quality was about even,,,,,, but the audio quality of my GS4 destroyed the iPhone audio quality on all the videos.

My Note 2 and GS4 also had the slow motion feature that Apple is just now releasing with the 5s,,,,,,, so yes,,,, in my real world ownership of both the GS4 and the ip5 the GS4 had the better camera.

However, after all i have read about the 5s camera I do think the 5s camera stands a real good chance of beating out my GS4 for picture quality and if that's the case then I will most likely get the 5s,,,,,,, and also now that the 5s will have the slow motion feature that's another plus for the 5s,,,,, I use the slow mo on my GS4 constantly,,,, it's a very cool and fun feature for any camera.

Cheers
Davyo

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Cheers
Davyo

Hi Davyo,

it's okay to feel the way you do about a product or the company that makes the product. We all want our devices to look a certain way or to have certain things on it that currently are not. Still, that doesn't mean that the device that is available is not worthy of purchase. I'm a real stickler for the professional look and, in my opinion, the available colors for the iPhone 5S maintains that professional look. Having said that, if you feel the Samsung is a better fit for you, then by all means, use it. The iPhone, in and of itself, will not please everyone and neither will any other device, however, for those of us who are quite pleased with what we saw in regard to the iPhone 5C and the iPhone 5S, it's all good. Take care, sir...:)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What I said was I did side by side shots with my GS4 and my iPhone 5, exact same pictures, same lighting, both set to auto modes,,,,, in about 80 to 90% of the pictures my GS4 was the clear winner for overall picture quality,,,, video quality was about even,,,,,, but the audio quality of my GS4 destroyed the iPhone audio quality on all the videos.

My Note 2 and GS4 also had the slow motion feature that Apple is just now releasing with the 5s,,,,,,, so yes,,,, in my real world ownership of both the GS4 and the ip5 the GS4 had the better camera.

However, after all i have read about the 5s camera I do think the 5s camera stands a real good chance of beating out my GS4 for picture quality and if that's the case then I will most likely get the 5s,,,,,,, and also now that the 5s will have the slow motion feature that's another plus for the 5s,,,,, I use the slow mo on my GS4 constantly,,,, it's a very cool and fun feature for any camera.

Cheers
Davyo

Not to take away from your other points (which are completely valid if that is what you experienced), but saying one camera is better than the other one because one lacks a feature (IE: Slow-Mo) would be like saying the newest Sony point and shoot is better than the Canon 7D because it has social network sharing options vs. the 7D, which by comparison is just a bare bones camera (in context).

"Better" is subjective in that regard, because honestly, some people might not ever use any of these features and may just use the thing as a standard camera.

The quality points you made though (while surprising) are a more legitimate point...I'd stick with the camera that worked better for me too (which just happens to be the iPhone's in my case).

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I find you guys funny.

The M7 can track when you are driving or walking and adjusts Apple or Google maps(when Google updates it to take advantage of it) to either mode. Plus you've got it knowing when you are sleeping so it pings the network a whole lot less. The dual flash with the software can produce over 1000 colour and intensity levels. Plus you have basically an 8 ultra pixel camera with HD Slo Mo video and normal video recorded at 120FPS.slo mo is at 60 FPS. The die size and the nm process is smaller therefore it is more efficient and the battery capacity has gotten a slight boost. On top of all that the GPU takes full advantage of the 64 bit computing opportunity a d graphics really look stunning.

Fingerprint scanner is sorta gimmicky right now but it has huge potential. Please don't call the 5S a small upgrade when it isn't.
Apple did nothing to upgrade the 5? You are joking.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If all that is true, that is indeed one hell of an upgrade in just one year. And I personally think the scanner is much more important than people realize.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
If all that is true, that is indeed one hell of an upgrade in just one year. And I personally think the scanner is much more important than people realize.

That is indeed true, it was all spelled out during the event. Except for the sleep tracking, but those who use FitBit for sleep tracking that is very true.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how much more people want a phone to do? The 5S looks to be a nice update. If I was eligible I'd certainly upgrade. But for now I'll be perfectly happy with my 5 and the launch of iOS7.

ejb222

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like the OP just wanted Apple to become Android?

I don't understand why people speak so senselessly. Look...APPL is down 33% from a year ago....33%!!!! Why? Well, possibly it is because APPL hasn't produced hardware that has captured the market like they used to. You know hardware that produced enough hype to launch their stock into the $700 range. Now, I would say it's totally unreasonable to have the expectation that APPL could have that sort of streak. But there is something to be said as to why the trend is shifting away from APPL hardware. It is not a bad idea to analyze why. In fact, that analysis is the very reason APPL went with various colour 5c...because people like it...they like options...APPL had not given that previously. I tell you, it wont be long before APPL loses even more market share at this rate. You can only ride a name so long. Right now APPL is riding on the iPhone name. Sure the eco system is great. Sure the phones are nice. But admit it, there are equally great alternatives, a vaster variety of options that APPL doesn't provide, and people jump to iPhone because it's trendy...especially first time buyers. But if iPhone can't actually maintain it's image or APPL can't impress in the future with tech, then I don't see it continuing to be a leader. I predicted the stock drop a year ago and I was laughed out of my buddy's house...but no I can say I told you so...sometimes a sober step back to assess the situation is a good thing. So many people on here are called trolls or what ever because they had higher hopes for the iPhone...but reality is APPL stock and market share and press impressions are mirroring these same unimpressed opinions...maybe it's time to listen to the so called 'trolls'

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've said this before. The only way I'd go back to Android is if it came bundled with Kate Upton. Then I wouldn't notice how fractured Android OS is.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple is not going to be around forever, and neither are we. Those are facts! Having said that, trends come and go, especially in the tech industry. People will say that it is unreasonable to expect Apple to maintain its stature, but then turn right around and place unreasonable demands and expectations on it. People's own expectations take center stage over Apple's. I'd argue that some people don't have a clue to what kind of innovation they'd like to see. It's like my wife telling me she wants to go to a restaurant to eat, but don't know which one she prefers, and every one that I recommend gets turned down. When I finally make a decision to where we will eat, she finds a reason to complain about it. In short, and it doesn't matter what company it is, consumers will either like their products or they won't. They will either buy their products or they won't, but companies with a carefully laid out plan will usually be able to last longer than companies that do not. Lastly, we tech enthusiasts seem to forget that we represent a mere fraction of Apple's customers and yet, we think that our opinions and self indulged tech expertise should outweigh the overall satisfaction of its core consumers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen