I was going to come back to iPhone, but after today I'm re- thinking that !!!

ejb222

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Apple's market share has been increasing in the US so they seem to be capturing that market. They also have the highest customer satisfaction numbers. Their biggest problem is their phones are very expensive which is why their global market share is falling. They also don't have 100% of the carriers offering the iPhone on their networks.

lol....WRONG!
First of all the highest consumer satisfaction numbers belong to NOKIA!Nokia Customers Satisfaction Get High Scores With 21% above average | Zeverse
Nokia rates high in customer satisfaction survey, beating Apple, Samsung, HTC

Secondly if you think that the US market makes a big difference than you are kidding yourself. The US is only a fraction of true marketshare.

It's just copying android with its widgets and so on
And the multicolor polycarbonate iPhone isn't a imitation of Nokia? People wake up!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
lol....WRONG!
First of all the highest consumer satisfaction numbers belong to NOKIA!Nokia Customers Satisfaction Get High Scores With 21% above average | Zeverse

Secondly if you think that the US market makes a big difference than you are kidding yourself. The US is only a fraction of true marketshare.

And the multicolor polycarbonate iPhone isn't a imitation of Nokia? People wake up!!!

Apple's iPhone dominates for 9th straight win in JD Power customer satisfaction survey

Apple iPhone picked top smartphone for customer satisfaction in Korea

Apple Still Tops in Cellphone Customer Satisfaction, but Losing Ground to Samsung and Others - Mac Rumors

Press Release Smartphone Brands 2013 - American Customer Satisfaction Index

My point? Data can be found to support any claim...Know what I mean?

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok,,,,,, as the OP of this thread I have re-thought my original thought of thinking of getting the 5s or not and this is what I think I am thinking ;)

I think I will have a change of heart and get the 5s,,,, the main reason, the camera.

I sure will miss the screen real estate of my GS4 and the LED notifications and a whole bunch of other cool stuff my GS4 does,,, it's just that the camera in the 5s is pretty darn cool,,,,, and I think I have gotten over the desire to throw-up in my own mouth over the new 5s colors,,,, the Space Gray is looking better than my first impression and the new Apple black thin case should make me happy.

Other reasons,,, I'm heavy into iMovie with my ipad 2 and Mini and do lots of video editing for business purpose's so it kinda makes sense to use an iphone to shoot with since everything will work seamlessly and faster format wise with iMovie,,,,,, plus, I'm REALLY wanting the ipad 5 in a big way,,,,from all the rumors I have read it looks like it might be the killer ipad,,, even just going by the leaked thiner bezel and smaller form factor images,,,,, I love the form factor of my ipad mini,, a full sized version of the mini would be very cool.

Geeze,,,,, and since I'm a tech geek and have that have to have it now mentality I might even go do the wait in line thing on the 20th,,, new toys sure are fun,, both Android and Apple.

But I will keep praying to the phone gods for Apple to kick out a bigger than 4" display,,, Apple really does need to offer more than one size of a display as one size does not fit all.

See ya all in line on the 20th.

Cheers
Davyo

ejb222

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Ok so a couple of quick notes...the JD Power link is a study of people with first time use...Not sure that it is an accurate depiction of the average consumer to begin with. The other issue with the talk of consumer satisfaction is that is seems there is no consistant measure. There isn't even any consistancy in the results. The only consistancy that any of the studies agree on is that Apple, Samsung, Nokia are all in the top of the class and are neglegable percentage points away from each other.

So yes data can be found to support any claim...I guess I was originally refuting a statement with not data presented to support it...like in another thread where someone claimed that when Siri was released nothing could touch it. I almost pulled all the hair out of my bald head. :) I prompty presented a video of how Tellme could conduct facebook chats, true hands free texting, and launch app; all of which Siri could not do. While Siri is astounding in it's comunication and language interpretation, to say that there was NO competition even close was by far a falacy.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
People keep saying that this is all evidence that Steve Jobs isn?t around. Question, what changes were made to the iPhone line while Steve Jobs was around, other than the first iPhone, that was so mind blowingly innovative?

What do you guys want from an iPhone so as to be able to call it innovative? What features do you want from the GS4? Or the HTC One? Do you want youtube to stop when you look away by any chance? Or Air Gestures? I don?t and I hope Apple never does things like that. I get the feeling people are just complaining for complaining sake. We got a fingerprint reader, a new 64bit processor, an awesome camera (probably going to be the best out there), a new OS (iOS will not become Android so something things people ask for are ridiculous). I think this was a substantial update considering it was an "s" update. I doesn?t mean we all have to rush out and buy the new phones. If we are happy with out 5?s and 4s?s then so be it.

I have a Nexus 7, and I think Android is cool, but I still prefer iOS. If you don?t like the OS then change and stop using "lack of innovation" as an excuse. Your taste and / or needs have changed. That?s all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok so a couple of quick notes...the JD Power link is a study of people with first time use...Not sure that it is an accurate depiction of the average consumer to begin with. The other issue with the talk of consumer satisfaction is that is seems there is no consistant measure. There isn't even any consistancy in the results. The only consistancy that any of the studies agree on is that Apple, Samsung, Nokia are all in the top of the class and are neglegable percentage points away from each other.

So yes data can be found to support any claim...I guess I was originally refuting a statement with not data presented to support it...like in another thread where someone claimed that when Siri was released nothing could touch it. I almost pulled all the hair out of my bald head. :) I prompty presented a video of how Tellme could conduct facebook chats, true hands free texting, and launch app; all of which Siri could not do. While Siri is astounding in it's comunication and language interpretation, to say that there was NO competition even close was by far a falacy.

Exactly, and I do understand what you're saying. As for the bald comment, I LMAO because I can relate to being bald....but back to the data support stuff, there are occasions when that data is generally important, and there are occasions when it is not. In this regard, at least in my opinion, it is not important because buying products by Apple, Nokia, Blackberry, Samsung or whomever is based largely on personal choice. It doesn't matter to me that Company A is ranked second in sales behind Company B. I am interested in the device that Company A is selling. In regard to customer service, if Company A is ranked 3rd on a list of 10 or more, I take that as a positive. Know what I mean? I like what I like and I buy what I like, and I could care less if others do not, but that's Just Me, D...:) -- Respectfully, of course.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thread cleaned. Everyone, please stay on topic and keep this discussion friendly. If you don't like the topic please move on to another one. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
lol....WRONG!

You don't say? Take a look at this BT1Vv5MIAAAbf8h.jpg-large.jpeg

ADGrant

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
lol....WRONG!

You are not citing a proper survey. I'm referring to the JD Power survey.

The US market is significant because it is dominated by high end phones bought on contract and significant market share in the US is sufficient to ensure a well stocked App Store.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, and I do understand what you're saying. As for the bald comment, I LMAO because I can relate to being bald....but back to the data support stuff, there are occasions when that data is generally important, and there are occasions when it is not. In this regard, at least in my opinion, it is not important because buying products by Apple, Nokia, Blackberry, Samsung or whomever is based largely on personal choice. It doesn't matter to me that Company A is not ranked second in sales behind Company B. I am interested in the device that Company A is selling. In regard to customer service, if Company A is ranked 3rd on a list of 10 or more, I take that as a positive. Know what I mean. I like what I like and I buy what I like and I could care less if others do not, but that's Just Me, D...:) -- Respectfully, of course.

How dare you interject logic and reason into an interwebs forum!!!! :)

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, as the OP of this thread here is the latest,, as I posted, I was not going to get the 5s then had a change of mind,,,, got the 5s, loved the camera like I figured I would (the main reason for going from my GS4 to the 5s) but tonight I returned the 5s and went back to my GS4.

In my absence from owning an iphone and going to Android I had forgotten how limited the iphone has become compared to my GS4 these days,,,, I know I'm guna get flamed or called a troll but so be it.

The iphone 5s is a great camera but that's about it,,,,,, never say never but I think I'm done with iPhones for good now,,,,,, I still love my iPads and all of the great apps for iOS, especially iMove for the ipad,,,, but for a phone I'm sticking with Android.

For me I think Samsung/Android has just passed up Apple on so many levels phone wise and it took me going back to an iPhone to realize that

Cheers
Davyo

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, as the OP of this thread here is the latest,, as I posted, I was not going to get the 5s then had a change of mind,,,, got the 5s, loved the camera like I figured I would (the main reason for going from my GS4 to the 5s) but tonight I returned the 5s and went back to my GS4.

In my absence from owning an iphone and going to Android I had forgotten how limited the iphone has become compared to my GS4 these days,,,, I know I'm guna get flamed or called a troll but so be it.

The iphone 5s is a great camera but that's about it,,,,,, never say never but I think I'm done with iPhones for good now,,,,,, I still love my iPads and all of the great apps for iOS, especially iMove for the ipad,,,, but for a phone I'm sticking with Android.

For me I think Samsung/Android has just passed up Apple on so many levels phone wise and it took me going back to an iPhone to realize that

Cheers
Davyo

To each there own. I personally was happy with Android yes, but I missed the smaller size and the way the iPhone worked so much better with NY Mac and iPad.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using iMore Forums mobile app

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
some people are truly NEVER 100% happy. i guarantee even the full blown android loyalists have a small list of things they dislike about their precious device.
they will never admit it publicly anyways and just continue to come to places, like this, trying to convince us that they have been SO happy since they switched

ok... we get it

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
some people are truly NEVER 100% happy. i guarantee even the full blown android loyalists have a small list of things they dislike about their precious device.
they will never admit it publicly anyways and just continue to come to places, like this, trying to convince us that they have been SO happy since they switched

ok... we get it

You are back? :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using iMore Forums mobile app

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

ok... we get it

Well I'm not a loyalist to any platform, as can be verified by a search of my postings here and in a search on the sister Android side of these forums,,,, I'm a user and owner of both platforms, yes they both have their pros and cons but in my phone experiences Android is doing more pros than Apple is these days.

What I do get is some fans of only one platform are just that, fans of only one platform and refuse to entertain the idea that another platform might be worth taking a serious look at.

I was a hardcore iphone owner since day one and have owned every model iphone ever put out,, the current Android offerings and ownership of those newer Android devices is the reason I am no longer a hardcore Apple fan.

Cheers
Davyo

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
the android users that irritate me are the ones who come here trying to prove something. when the only point they are proving is that they have too much time on their hands. why they feel compelled to come here boggles my mind. it's not like their words mean anything and they begin to look really shallow with each and every post they make

now, i will dismiss myself from this thread. BLiNK out.

Peter Cotton

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Here's my list of phones owned recently:

IPhone 3GS, Blackberry Bold 9900, Samsung S3, iPhone 5, HTC One, iPhone 5S

My point? Every time I switched to another type of phone, yes their were features which I adored on them. For example, Blackberry had a great keyboard, Samsung has a great size screen and the HTC had great sound. But they all lacked the refining that the iPhone has. That's why there's a 'S' version. So maybe there's not as many new features in the new iPhones. But all the new features are relevant and offer benefits direct to the consumer. Half the features on the other phones I found either not required or just don't work properly.

tater0388

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I just have to say one thing (it may have been said but I just skimmed thru) at least when apple releases a new device it's running the newest software and not software that's 2 or in some cases 3 years old and we don't have to wait a year to get an upgrade to a newer version that's still not the newest.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
the android users that irritate me are the ones who come here trying to prove something. when the only point they are proving is that they have too much time on their hands. why they feel compelled to come here boggles my mind. it's not like their words mean anything and they begin to look really shallow with each and every post they make

now, i will dismiss myself from this thread. BLiNK out.

I come here because I own Apple and Android products.

You say I'm posting here because I have to much time on my hands,,,, but yet your replying to my post, wouldn't that indicate you also have to much time on your hands ???

I guess I misunderstood,,,, I thought forums were for the sharing of information and discussion and opinions that either agree or disagree.

By your comments I guess forums would be better served if everyone agrees and shares the same thoughts and has the same opinions on the forums subject matter.

Sorry for airing my opinions or thoughts on products I have owned or used,,,, what was I thinking doing that on a forum.

Cheers
Davyo

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro