iPhone 5s won't be available for pre order. (will be 9/20)

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5S won't be available for pre order. (will be 9/20)

Not sure why. I know for sure, however, that knowing why wouldn?t change anything. It is what it is...

I agree. I was just mentioning that it doesn't follow what they've done in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I just read on twitter (I think it might have been Rene Ritchie) that Apple is doing pre-orders for the iPhone 5S in Hong Kong...

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I just read on twitter (I think it might have been Rene Ritchie) that Apple is doing pre-orders for the iPhont 5S in Hong Kong...
That is odd. I wonder why they couldn't do this in the US as well.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site

My guess is that Apple has heard the rumbles from the general public. They are not anticipating a large demand for this phone. We saw that this week with the stock decline.

Apple dropped the ball on this one. I had been waiting for Apple to step up its game and introduce something new, but I was disappointed. I have been with iphones since the 3G. I am still have my 4S. But I broke down today and bought a samsung s4. Its a great phone. Makes me wish that Apple could do some of the things that the competition is doing. Unfortunately for me, my hands are not big enough to use the Samsung with one hand. I will be returning it this weekend.

I will probably get the 5S. I dont expect there to be many lines on Friday. Apple looks like they are focusing most of the attention in Asia with this launch. Picking up new customers. not worried about the loss of some here in the states.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

My guess is that Apple has heard the rumbles from the general public. They are not anticipating a large demand for this phone.
LOL! Every year people say this. It'll sale in record numbers. just watch.

Apple dropped the ball on this one. I had been waiting for Apple to step up its game and introduce something new,
apple put new stuff in the 5 and the 5S. in fact coming from the 4S as in your case, there's probably nothing apple hasn't upgraded, even the screen is bigger than the 4S. what do you want that you would see as new? teleporters? LMAO! people keep saying this and most of them when you get past all the blustering about how apple is basically putting out the same phone really just mean that they wanted a bigger screen. since in your case you find that to be a downside because you can't use it one handed, I'm mystified. feel free to clarify. because the phone is packed to the gills with new stuff compared to your 4S. from bigger battery, screen, to improved CPU, graphics, cameras, speaker, touch ID, and more. plenty of new stuff. I hope you like your 5S and feel free t come back on here after you play with it and share your impressions good or bad. I'm betting they'll be good once you get your hands on it and experience it. and if I was you I'd prepare for lines. every year people say the phones will flop and every year there are records broken. if you waltz up to a store at noon the line will be 12 miles long and probably sold out before you get one.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

was kinda sad knowing i wont be able to preorder the night before and pick up in store so its either, get it online and wait until next next week to get it, or wait in line for 3-8 hours and get the phone early like everyone else will that day.

Terry1960

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5S won't be available for pre order. (will be 9/13)

I don?t understand this decision. Apple has been doing pre orders for many years. Even this year for the 5C. I guess I?m spending next Thursday night outside my Verizon store.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Apple is doing this to add more people to the lines. Simple as that. They could've done the pre-order like they have evey year , but this way they can get more people out to the store. Remember there's a majority of people up there who can't get the iPhone 5S since they just upgraded last year. Apple needs to make up for that crowd and get the rest of us who normally world wait for ups/FedEx at home , to go out to the store and create bigger lines.

From what Apple Store rep told me , If you order past midnight on 20th it will arrive on 23rd. So far no confirmation that you could order past midnight on 20th to pick up the same day.

Going to your carrier store on release day is the fastest way imo , cause more people will choose Apple Store and not think about the carrier store availability.

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Apple is doing this to add more people to the lines. Simple as that. They could've done the pre-order like they have evey year , but this way they can get more people out to the store. Remember there's a majority of people up there who can't get the iPhone 5S since they just upgraded last year. Apple needs to make up for that crowd and get the rest of us who normally world wait for ups/FedEx at home , to go out to the store and create bigger lines.

From what Apple Store rep told me , If you order past midnight on 20th it will arrive on 23rd. So far no confirmation that you could order past midnight on 20th to pick up the same day.

Going to your carrier store on release day is the fastest way imo , cause more people will choose Apple Store and not think about the carrier store availability.

It'll arrive on the 23rd with regular free shipping? I was thinking of getting the fastest and hoping to get it Saturday... Also, I heard on reddit that Target is doing reservations for the 5s.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Apple uses FedEx or UPS express but not the Saturday delivery option.
I think I'm gonna stop at local AT&T store Friday morning and hope to be able to pick one up.
In the past the 32gb & 16 gb have sold out first , so I hope the trend continues since I'm going for 64gb again.

JeevesVic

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

Anyone know the delivery time for the 5S when one has bought it online from apple with the free shipping? A week maybe?

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site

you might get it as soon as Monday , but definitely within a week.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Anyone know the delivery time for the 5S when one has bought it online from apple with the free shipping? A week maybe?

I'd say a couple days at least. Find out if you can pay extra for Saturday delivery. It was an option with Verizon for the 4s. Worth a shot. :)

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site

LOL! Every year people say this. It'll sale in record numbers. just watch.

apple put new stuff in the 5 and the 5S. in fact coming from the 4S as in your case, there's probably nothing apple hasn't upgraded, even the screen is bigger than the 4S. what do you want that you would see as new? teleporters? LMAO! people keep saying this and most of them when you get past all the blustering about how apple is basically putting out the same phone really just mean that they wanted a bigger screen. since in your case you find that to be a downside because you can't use it one handed, I'm mystified. feel free to clarify. because the phone is packed to the gills with new stuff compared to your 4S. from bigger battery, screen, to improved CPU, graphics, cameras, speaker, touch ID, and more. plenty of new stuff. I hope you like your 5S and feel free t come back on here after you play with it and share your impressions good or bad. I'm betting they'll be good once you get your hands on it and experience it. and if I was you I'd prepare for lines. every year people say the phones will flop and every year there are records broken. if you waltz up to a store at noon the line will be 12 miles long and probably sold out before you get one.

Its sad that there are still people like this. I am amazed. No offense, my brother is exactly the same way. When someone has a suggestion about how Apple can improve a product, there are a few that (for some crazy reason) hear us saying that Apple sucks and they are going out of business. I dont understand how a consumer can be so offended when another consumer has an opinion.

But since you asked. I would love to see a 4.5 inch screen. There is a mock up on line of an iphone in the same body, with a screen that is just a little bigger (I think 4.2 inches)
I would like the ability to hide apps completely from site (like SBSettings allows)
I would like a micro SD slot. The cloud is nice, but streaming music uses a lot of data when I am on the road all day. If I could buy a 16gb phone for $200 and for another $75, I could buy 2 more 32GB SD cards. saving me over $100 from having to buy a 64GB phone.
I wanted wireless charging. Most companies are moving towards the Qi standard. it would have been easy for Apple to install a small chip inside to allow this

I am not asking for a completely different phone. But I would like to see something a little different that the phone they introduced a year ago

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73