iPhone 5s won't be available for pre order. (will be 9/20)

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5S won't be available for pre order. (will be 9/20)

a5u5e9uz.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: No 5s pre sale?

I can't believe you guys are even debating this. It's spelled out on Apple's website in plain English.

Apple - iPhone 5 - Where to Buy

Apple Retail Store

Buy iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c at the Apple Retail Store starting September 20. We’ll help you choose the right rate plan, transfer your contacts, set up your email, and more.
Learn more about buying iPhone at the Apple Retail Store
Apple Online Store

Pre-order iPhone 5c starting September 13. Order iPhone 5s starting September 20. They ship free and ready to use. And you’ll find a wide range of accessories to complement your iPhone.
Learn more about buying iPhone at the Apple Online Store

As annoying as it is you have to wait until the 20th to order a 5S. I'm at least hoping you can order at midnight and then pick up from a local store so you're guaranteed to get it on release day. Otherwise if you're planning to order online you're waiting at least a day for it to ship to you.

I'm planning to order it online on the 20th and possibly pick it up that day. Does anyone know if you order online on the 20th, if they hold it the entire day? I'd like to avoid the huge line at the store in the moring and pick it up in the evening... Also, will they "give away" your ordered 5S away to the customers in line if you're not there by a certain time?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm planning to order it online on the 20th and possibly pick it up that day. Does anyone know if you order online on the 20th, if they hold it the entire day? I'd like to avoid the huge line at the store in the moring and pick it up in the evening... Also, will they "give away" your ordered 5S away to the customers in line if you're not there by a certain time?
I would love to know this! how long do we have after we preorder it online to pick it up? can we pay for it over the internet and then pick it up whenever we please?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I would love to know this! how long do we have after we preorder it online to pick it up? can we pay for it over the internet and then pick it up whenever we please?

I don’t know, but would strongly suspect that you can place an order on 9/20 for it to be delivered via UPS/FedEx delivery at some future time (a week later?) ...

cody_21

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't how reliable the Apple representatives are, but I asked if it would be available to order at midnight on the 20th and he said "yes, that is my understanding". Either way, I'm planning on staying up for a little bit past midnight to see what happens. I'm just gonna order from the Apple website and have it delivered.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I don't how reliable the Apple representatives are, but I asked if it would be available to order at midnight on the 20th and he said "yes, that is my understanding". Either way, I'm planning on staying up for a little bit past midnight to see what happens. I'm just gonna order from the Apple website and have it delivered.
He understood wrong then. If it was available to preorder it would be listed as such. However it is not.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

One could always try the AppleStore app on their phone and see if it's possible to reserve a 5S just after midnight for pick-up on the 20th...

cody_21

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site

He understood wrong then. If it was available to preorder it would be listed as such. However it is not.

I don't understand what you're saying. There was no talk or questions about preordering the iPhone 5s. What I was wondering is since the 5S is available to order on the 20th, shouldn't people be able to start placing orders at midnight on the 20th?

stlcheer

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site

I know everyone is getting different answers. The rep I spoke with said the only way to get the 5s on the 20th is to go to an apple retail store or to your carrier.

cody_21

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site

I know everyone is getting different answers. The rep I spoke with said the only way to get the 5s on the 20th is to go to an apple retail store or to your carrier.

Thats if you want one in hand on launch day. Their website says you can order the 5S on the 20th too, but it will likely be delivered sometime the following week.

stlcheer

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site

Thats if you want one in hand on launch day. Their website says you can order the 5S on the 20th too, but it will likely be delivered sometime the following week.

Thanks. I meant to say if you wanted one in hand.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site

I hope Apple says something this week about the preorders.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm hoping I can go online at 12:01 that friday morning and order one for reserve at at apple store, thus ensuring I don't wait in line all day for nothing. anybody know if that'll be an option?

Last edited:

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

The only reason why I'll be lining up to buy a couple on the release date outright is to sell it for double the price :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

The only reason why I'll be lining up to buy a couple on the release date outright is to sell it for double the price :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

eBay will be loaded lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Looks like I might get one on release or I might not

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm hoping I can go online at 20:01 that friday morning and order one for reserve at at apple store, thus ensuring I don't wait in line all day for nothing. anybody know if that'll be an option?

I think you might be able to do something like that. I did that for the iPhone 4, but I was put in the back of the line with the rest of the customers who reserved their 4's, and we all had to wait 7 hours for everyone else in front of us (the one's who did not have a reservation)...

I think what we can do is just order it whenever it's available on the 20th (be it midnight or early in the morning) and request in-store pickup. I spoke with an Apple rep about it, and she said that it should say whether or not the 5s will be available for pickup that day while you're placing the order. She also said they hold it for 7 days.

I really hope Apple comes out and sets a pre-order date for the 5s. Perhaps the 14th?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner