iPhone 5s won't be available for pre order. (will be 9/20)

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5S won't be available for pre order. (will be 9/13)

Noooooooooooo. I've always avoided the dreaded "iPhone release waiting game", please don't make me experience this Apple!

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: No 5s pre sale?

apple might be doing that because long lines makes for good press.

speaking for me though, as much as I want the phone ASAP I ain't camping out for a damn phone. I have a life.

but that means when I come to the store at say 6 in the morning, the day of the sale, there'll already be a 10 mile long line and I'll be lucky to get one after waiting 12 hours in line.

apple should rethink this. customer experience should trump all the press oooing over super long lines to get the iphone.

Skimcpip

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

I can't believe you guys are even debating this. It's spelled out on Apple's website in plain English.

Apple - iPhone 5 - Where to Buy

Apple Retail Store

Buy iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c at the Apple Retail Store starting September 20. We’ll help you choose the right rate plan, transfer your contacts, set up your email, and more.
Learn more about buying iPhone at the Apple Retail Store
Apple Online Store

Pre-order iPhone 5c starting September 13. Order iPhone 5s starting September 20. They ship free and ready to use. And you’ll find a wide range of accessories to complement your iPhone.
Learn more about buying iPhone at the Apple Online Store

As annoying as it is you have to wait until the 20th to order a 5S. I'm at least hoping you can order at midnight and then pick up from a local store so you're guaranteed to get it on release day. Otherwise if you're planning to order online you're waiting at least a day for it to ship to you.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

I really hope apple doesn't go through with making us get the phone in store. I loved the ability of being able to preorder because i have to work, it's rare to have a friday off. so i avoid missing the launch date but know that my phone is on its way because i preordered it. apple! put a preorder for the 5S!

Skimcpip

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

There's nothing in there about being able to preorder a 5S. Absolutely nothing. You're going to have to order it on the 20th.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site

I live about 2 hrs from a apple store. I'd have to take a vacation day..... I hope preorders are an option.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

that makes us understand how tim cook will see the lines in front of apple stores back.

stlcheer

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site

Luckily I'm off that day so I can line up. I'll try the AT&T store. Our Apple store is always crowded. But a preorder would've been nice.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Let's say that the 5S isn't ready for pre-order on the 13th...anyone ever consider the fact that two very popular iPhone's set for pre-order on the same night might be a huge cluster f*ck and that they might want to separate the pre-order dates for both phones by a day or two?

DeeDudnath

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

IPhone 5s will be available for preorder this friday, if you dont think so heres what you can do.. call your carrier and find out? Im 100% sure they'll allow you to preorder it.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5S won't be available for pre order. (will be 9/20)

That is strange but also maybe it's just too much for them to handle all at once

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5S won't be available for pre order. (will be 9/20)

anyone just call apple and ask if itll be available for preorder? im sure they would have a definite answer.