If I upgrade, I'm going with gold.

Wanted to do a white phone next anyway, and the gold is striking.

May get a clear case to show it off...
    09-10-2013 11:18 PM
    It's official. Apple has announced the iPhone 5s, and it's coming in 3 colors.

Silver, Gold and a new 'Space Gray'.

Which color are you going to get? Personally... I'm torn...
    Being a contractor, its what colour face do I want showing through the case! LoL. Anybody have any info as to whether or not the fingerprint scanner can be shut off? Due to working with seriously abrasive surfaces and some heavy duty cleaners, I am not guaranteed to end my day with the outer epidermis in good shape.
    09-10-2013 11:20 PM
    I'm thinking gold 16 maybe 32 I'm not sure I always have gone 16 but 32 might just be needed this time around

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    09-10-2013 11:21 PM
    I'm torn between the gold and silver versions :/
    09-10-2013 11:42 PM
    All are great options IMO... But really it comes down to hardware and OS spec's
    I'm pretty sure it's the same no matter which color you get

Sent from my Gameboy Color
    09-11-2013 12:55 AM
    If I were to ug to one it would probably be the white. Seems less obvious to scratches.

Sent from my Gameboy Color
    09-11-2013 12:56 AM
    Being a contractor, its what colour face do I want showing through the case! LoL. Anybody have any info as to whether or not the fingerprint scanner can be shut off? Due to working with seriously abrasive surfaces and some heavy duty cleaners, I am not guaranteed to end my day with the outer epidermis in good shape.
    It supposedly scans the inner epidermis so you might be ok. But I'm sure you can do a standard passcode as well.
    Harley Kid likes this.
    09-11-2013 07:27 AM
    I had no intentions of going back to the iPhone, but now I find myself preparing to get the 5S in Silver on launch day

Sent from my HTC One
    09-11-2013 10:28 AM
    Coming from a black Android, it's harder to tell what white would be like. And is the gold too blingy? Is it really feminine? Or just classy and warm? Seems like a pretty soft tone to me. I'm really drawn to it, but could do silver or the gray. I don't plan on getting a case, so wear-n-tear is a factor too. Tough choice, 1 week to decide.
    09-12-2013 01:45 PM
    I'm gonna go gold or white. I currently have the black iphone 5 and while it's good, the other colors are appealing to me ALOT more. PLUS there's the paint issue, I don't have one with mine as of right NOW but just watch. After posting this I'm gonna drop it and it'll chip and I'll be all like NOOOOOOOOO.
    09-13-2013 06:27 AM
    can someone confirm that the current iphone 5 cases and screen protectors will fit the 5s. I want to preorder some accessories before i get the phone in hand

thanks,
    09-13-2013 09:04 AM
    can someone confirm that the current iphone 5 cases and screen protectors will fit the 5s. I want to preorder some accessories before i get the phone in hand

thanks,
    Would also like that confirmed, thanks.
    09-13-2013 09:14 AM

thanks,
    Should "mostly" fit. Problem areas will be the increased opening needed for he dual flash and the slightly bigger opening needed for the home button due to the fingerprint sensor. So if you have a case that is not cut tightly to fit those two areas, it should be ok.
    09-13-2013 10:07 AM
    Not due an upgrade for another year from my black iP5, so assuming this colour range continues for iP6, it'll be either space grey or silver for me ... sorry, that gold one just looks a bit 'bling' for my taste
    09-13-2013 11:34 PM
    Coming from a black Android, it's harder to tell what white would be like. And is the gold too blingy? Is it really feminine? Or just classy and warm? Seems like a pretty soft tone to me. I'm really drawn to it, but could do silver or the gray. I don't plan on getting a case, so wear-n-tear is a factor too. Tough choice, 1 week to decide.
    This is exactly where I'm at too... Decisions decisions...
    09-13-2013 11:54 PM
    Well I had intended on buying a gold one but after seeing hands on videos I am rethinking that selection. I will just have to look in person but in the videos it looks nothing like the pretty champagne color but more like yellow tacky gold :/ Hopefully it's just the lighting in the videos and it looks more like the official photos. If it is on the yellow side I will be going with the white/silver combo for sure!
    09-14-2013 12:44 AM
    Torn between silver & gold
    09-14-2013 04:58 PM
    Can't decide which Color I really want this year. Although I can say for certain that I definitely do not want the Gold one. Leaning towards the Space Gray since I have the White & Silver iPhone 5 now. Problem is that I still like the White one, lol.
    09-17-2013 07:44 PM
    Torn between silver & gold
    Same. I'm gonna put my order in for a silver one with Apple if I can. And as soon as I can, I'm gonna go to the local stores Friday to see what they have in stock. If they have either gold or silver in stock, I'll get either if I'm still able to cancel my order with Apple.
    09-17-2013 07:48 PM
    I'll get either if I'm still able to cancel my order with Apple.
    As long as you cancel your order before it goes into the "Preparing for Shipping" status, you shouldn't have a problem doing this. I was able to cancel one of my iPad online orders after I was able to pick one up in the store.
    09-17-2013 07:52 PM
    As long as you cancel your order before it goes into the "Preparing for Shipping" status, you shouldn't have a problem doing this. I was able to cancel one of my iPad online orders after I was able to pick one up in the store.
    Thanks. I'm hoping to get lucky at 3:01am EST with an order. My local Walmart opens at 7am so I'm gonna try to swing in there before work at 7:30. If I strike out, I'll try the local VZW store or the VZW hub in the mall (same building as Walmart) at 11:45. If worse comes to worst, I'll stick with the order I place on Apple if I'm lucky enough to get in.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    09-17-2013 07:54 PM
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with black/space grey... Gold is too blingy for me... And I know the white face would be distracting to me... Love my black/slate iphone 5... So going to stick with what I know I will like... black/space grey 64GB for me...
    Last edited by LCW; 09-17-2013 at 10:54 PM.
    09-17-2013 10:41 PM
    I'm going for space grey. I'm kinda bummed that the slate is discontinued, as I think that is the nicest looking iPhone yet (when it's not all scuffed up, of course.)
    09-17-2013 11:11 PM
    If I do take the plunge, want the space grey, as it's as close to a black phone as they have now. I won't see the back anyway.
    09-17-2013 11:31 PM
    I'm going: 64GB Space Grey. But here's a question: How come they have the white ones on a white background? It doesn't make them look good for me to continue thinking about(which I was).
    09-18-2013 10:16 AM
56 123