Will you be upset if....

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I'll be upset(not really, I realize it's just a phone) today if the big thing Cook harps about is a fingerprint sensor and that's the big thing. I just don't find the idea to be useful at all for me. Anyone else feel this way? Is there something else you'll be upset by?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I won't be upset about anything. I'll be perfectly fine with whatever Apple announces. :)

Same here. I highly doubt that I'll be upset about anything that is or is not announced today at the Apple event. I'm currently not interested in any of the rumored iPhones, and my next Apple purchase will probably be an Apple TV.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'll be upset(not really, I realize it's just a phone) today if the big thing Cook harps about is a fingerprint sensor and that's the big thing. I just don't find the idea to be useful at all for me. Anyone else feel this way? Is there something else you'll be upset by?

I don't have high expectations going in, knowing this is likely an incrementral upgrade. With that said, given the upgrades are being applied to an already great phone.....it is hard to be upset.

But I won't lie. The tech geek in me would love to see 128GB storage, 1080p screen, beefed up camera with great new features, etc etc. I would love a secret 'one more thing' aside from the sensor. Just not sure this all will happen. The iphone 4 unveiling truly 'wowed' me. That was the last time.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't have high expectations going in, knowing this is likely an incrementral upgrade. With that said, given the upgrades are being applied to an already great phone.....it is hard to be upset.

But I won't lie. The tech geek in me would love to see 128GB storage, 1080p screen, beefed up camera with great new features, etc etc. I would love a secret 'one more thing' aside from the sensor. Just not sure this all will happen. The iphone 4 unveiling truly 'wowed' me. That was the last time.

-Good post. Agree. I was truly blown away by the 4 announcement as well.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Meh, I won't be upset. I'll probably be relieved because if that's the big thing then it means I won't have to upgrade before my contract is up. :)

It'd be nice if Apple made me want to upgrade mid-contract but I'm certainly not expecting anything big at this point and a fingerprint sensor does nothing for me.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I ask this, is because I really think that a fingerprint sensor would invite more problems, not solutions. I feel like there are so many variables with that kind of hardware/software. Maybe I'm nuts and not in the know about this sensor thing, but it just seems like so many things can go wrong with it. My iPhone 5 works flawlessly every single day. Guess I'll just put my trust in Apple perhaps.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I personally love filming youtube videos and taking pictures so that bump of the camera is what really is wanting me to upgrade to the 5S. clearer 1080p and faster processor for imovie since i edit all my videos from my phone it would be a nice little update :) or upgrade/

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I'll be upset if they don't immediately ship the device.

The apple store website has the message "we'll be back soon" so I'm wondering whether there will be an immediate shipment or whether they're just preparing to advertise the new phone(s). An immediate ship would make some sense given the amount of leaks we've seen from all over the world suggesting they're preparing for mass shipment of the new device.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

The apple store website has the message "we'll be back soon" so I'm wondering whether there will be an immediate shipment or whether they're just preparing to advertise the new phone(s). An immediate ship would make some sense given the amount of leaks we've seen from all over the world suggesting they're preparing for mass shipment of the new device.

They won’t make it available today. The Apple store always goes down before any big announcements. When it comes back up, it has the new announcements plastered everywhere. This is "business as usual". Sorry to disappoint.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Go ahead and be upset NOW. See the post above for why...

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

+ 1

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
They won’t make it available today. The Apple store always goes down before any big announcements. When it comes back up, it has the new announcements plastered everywhere. This is "business as usual". Sorry to disappoint.

Yeah I certainly wont be holding my breath. I am due for an upgrade so hopefully i'll at least be able to pre-order the new phone today!

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The fingerprint sensor really doesn't excite me, but I am pumped for today. I am excited to finally (eventually) be able to get ios7, and am looking forward to the announcements, specs, images, etc., of the phone(s). Get excited!

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
if apple makes the phone "even thinner" instead of making the battery longer or improving the camera, I'll be a bit miffed. sometimes I wonder if the iphone 10 won't cause paper cuts. LMAO!

otherwise, no. I'm looking forward to the fingerprint doohickey.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Like with previous iPhone KeyNotes, I go into it like, how can they improve in the current iPhone, it's already such a great phone. I doubt I'll want to upgrade. By the time it's over, I'm like...... I Want it!!! I Want it!!! I Want it!!!

Today's no different, keynotes not even over & I want it!!!!! The 5S! Yes!!

tibbi64

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I was hoping for at least iQ charging. Guess I will wait for the iPhone6 or say with Android Nexus 4. I do love my iPad Mini though. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods