The OFFICIAL unofficial 2013 Keynote party thread!

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Post your excitement for the keynote tomorrow here!

The countdown begins! Only 16 and a half hours to go.

Will you be tuning in via an Internet source?
Are you anxiously waiting the preorder date of the new device?
What are you expecting the outcome to be?
How will you be getting your new device?

Stay tuned to this thread as we will be giving away imaginary prizes!

I can't waiiiiiiiit!

* *Fast talking* This thread is not officially sponsored by iMore or MobileNations. Prize winners will vary, many may (but probably won't) participate, few will win. If this thread is closed (most likely by Alli ;) ) all prizes will be kept by the original thread poster.*

Have fun!!!!! :D

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
IOS7...IOS7...IOS7...bring it on. I'm excited!

Sent from my iPhone...

Think it'll drop tomorrow? I think it'll probably be another week or so. I want to say it will come a day before next generation iPhone buyers can expect their devices at their door step.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Think it'll drop tomorrow? I think it'll probably be another week or so. I want to say it will come a day before next generation iPhone buyers can expect their devices at their door step.

I'm hopeful it will drop tomorrow but, a little skeptical. I'm thinking though, if new devices are already shipping into certain markets aren't they shipping with IOS7?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
iOS7 Gold Master will release to developers tomorrow... public release will be with, or maybe a couple days ahead of the new phones hitting the streets... we'll know for sure tomorrow...

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
iOS7 Gold Master will release to developers tomorrow... public release will be with, or maybe a couple days ahead of the new phones hitting the streets... we'll know for sure tomorrow...

I've been meaning to ask since this is my first experience with running beta. The GM is essentially what will release to the public, is that correct? In the past, has this also been the case where they have tied all of the loose ends between the final beta and GM release? Just curious. I didn't know if it was common to still find reportable bugs between GM and public release.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The GM is supposed to be the final version that is the final build designated for public release... if issues crop up, they'll do a point release (7.0.1) that may see a beta of its own, or be a quick maintenance release without a beta...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been meaning to ask since this is my first experience with running beta. The GM is essentially what will release to the public, is that correct? In the past, has this also been the case where they have tied all of the loose ends between the final beta and GM release? Just curious. I didn't know if it was common to still find reportable bugs between GM and public release.

Yeah, there will be bugs. There are always bugs. Even in the GA version... that’s why there’s always a X.01 and X.02 release. But the GM version will have a later build number than the latest beta... and it is the version that is sent to manufacturing to be installed on the shiny new iPhones... and FWIW, the OS build for iOS 7 b6 is 11A449d).

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey, hey, love the Apple talk! Keep it coming folks, nothing like building the anticipation for this event! Great points brought up with the iOS 7 Gold Master release to beta users, which is still being awaited.
We're ready to give out our first prize of the night!

Congratulations to
Kch50428
You've won an official unofficial imaginary iMore silverware set, the finest crafted straight out of Europe! Not even in stores yet! Enjoy your prize!

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site

There have been bugs found in GM releases, in which case there's a second GM.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

They said fall for iOS 7. It's still summer. Fall doesn't begin until the 22nd. So I'd say end of September for the next iPhone, which will come with iOS 7.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iMore Forums app

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
They said fall for iOS 7. Fall doesn't begin until the 21st. So I'd say end of September for the next iPhone, which will come with iOS 7.

Ships September 20. Updates will be available a couple days before on older devices, so the servers don't get hit all at once.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
sold my iphone 5 and payed a 220 etf for one of my lines to be able to open it again and buy the iphone 5s! im excited to see what the new iphone has and im ready to preorder it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner