Following/watching the 5S/5C event?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I will be watching as much as time permits from my home via a link from the Apple website, more than likely.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I will be if it's on Apple TV. I won't be installing iOS 7 until a Jailbreak is available and tweaks have been updated to be compatible with 7. Will be keeping my i5 until contract is up next year.

*****Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There’s no guarantee that Apple will live stream this event. In fact, I am leaning strongly towards "they won’t".

My reasoning is simple... Apple has done the live streaming in the past for WWDC keynotes, but rarely for product launch events... and that, IMHO, is because of the demand from developers for a limited seating, paid event. Developers have to register and pay to attend the WWDC... and since admission is extremely limited, Apple has seen fit recently to livestream the keynotes, and eventually make video of all of the sessions available to developers... but since product launches are purely media events, but invitation only, I would be really surprised to see a live stream of the 09/10 event...

If I am correct, and there is no live feed of the announcement, I will be following the iMore feed (http://imore.com/iphone-event).

BTW, iMore's own Rene Ritchie will also be on the TWiT show MacBreak Weekly, immediately following the announcements (http:live.twit.tv). (Rene is a regular, and a fan favorite on the MBW podcasts, Tuesday at 11:00 am, Pacific time every Tuesday.)

Just me, weighing in...

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
BTW, iMore's own Rene Ritchie will also be on the TWiT show MacBreak Weekly, immediately following the announcements (http:live.twit.tv). (Rene is a regular, and a fan favorite on the MBW podcasts, Tuesday at 11:00 am, Pacific time every Tuesday.)
But Leo is such an insufferable lout... :p

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I usually follow Engadget's live stream. I like getting the information at least 2nd hand from someone who's there.

​Of course, Twitter will be another great way to follow the event.

mrb666

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm personally going to keep checking for the software update to ios7 as far as I can see, the 5c will bea plastic version of the 5 with the 5s (well the same but) pumped up to a degree with speed/power
My mini is the best tablet I ever used. A retina screen personally makes little difference. So based on the above its the ios7 that really interests me!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
For the first time since my old 3GS I will be listening to the announcement from home. Usually, I have to work and only manage to get bits and pieces of the announcement in between seeing my patients.

Last edited:

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Now THAT is some dedication!! I took off for the iphone 4 unveiling. Even took notes lol. I'll be tuned in tomorrow in some obscure place at work.

Yessir. Assuming preorders will be Wednesday night at 3a I requested an afternoon shift on Thursday looool.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's hoping they make preorders available ASAP. What's the best place to try and preorder from? Directly from Apple or from my carrier? I guess I'll be setting my alarm for 2:45am EST for whatever day it'll be available.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's hoping they make preorders available ASAP. What's the best place to try and preorder from? Directly from Apple or from my carrier? I guess I'll be setting my alarm for 2:45am EST for whatever day it'll be available.

They are all good as long as your order goes through, but in my experience the preorder that I did with Apple directly has been by far the best. Never had to deal with the whole back order situation as I did when ordering from AT&T.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen