5S the 10th & Note 3 the 4th. Tuning in?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Are any current iPhone owners checking into the Galaxy Note 3 unveiling tomorrow? Or are you set on the 5S, 5C or current iPhone? I had the Note 2 for a brief period and found it to be a great device in spite of android. But even at 6'7" tall I found one handed use to be sketchy at best. Same with pocket ability. It fit, but I always knew it was there. Obviously with the 5S that won't be an issue.

Regardless I'll be tuning in tomorrow.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will any fellow iPhone owners with 5S interest be tuning into the Note 3 unveiling?

Nope I find the Note 3 too huge! Plus I despise Samsung, hate TW and their designs I think are terrible.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The techie in me will cause me to watch. The realist in me knows it's too big for my taste. I'll tell ya, I watched some reviews and really got intrigued by the LG G2. But 32gb max storage sunk that ship for me. If the 5S comes in 128GB I'm on it.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The techie in me will cause me to watch. The realist in me knows it's too big for my taste. I'll tell ya, I watched some reviews and really got intrigued by the LG G2. But 32gb max storage sunk that ship for me. If the 5S comes in 128GB I'm on it.

Same here, I really hope they have a 128GB option this year. In my opinion the LG is a better phone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I’m really not interested in anything that Android has at this point. I will continue tor roll with Apple until they do something to indicate to me that my business and my preferences are no longer in their future plans... My business is Apple's to keep or to lose.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Could care less about Samsung phones. When Apple releases something, i'll be in line. Otherwise, I don't care.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The larger screen sizes that android phones have can be very tempting. At this point,I've invested too much money into apples ecosystem and hoping they will offer a larger option in a year.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've owned every model iphone since day one along with iPads,,,, but I have also owned many Android products including the Note 1, Note 2 and GS3 and I am currently using the GS4 as my daily driver.

I for one am very interested to see the Note 3 and the newest iPhone,,,,, I'm thankful I'm not married to just one platform cuz it really is big fun experiencing and playing with ALL the new toys,,,,,, while Apple waits for 12 to 14 months to release something really new I buy Android products as well since they release new products more often than Apple does,,,, and when Apple releases something that is more than just incremental upgrade I buy Apple products,

For those that posted on this thread that they have no interest in anything that's not Apple I don't think I will ever get that mindset,,,, how boring to just be tunel visioned into only one platform,,,,, your missing a lot of fun products.

If the new iPhone is a true upgrade from the iphone I would be very tempted to get it but sadly I think the new iphone is not going to be enough of an upgrade to switch back from my much loved GS4.

It will probaly take a bigger than 4" "true HD" display for me to come back to the iPhone and from all the pre Sept 10th rumors that don't seem like that's guna happen,,,,,, bummer.

But,,,, I'm really hoping for a retina ipad mini and looking forward to seeing what the ipad 5 is,,,,,, I currently have a Nexus 10 (an amazing tablet by the way) 2 Samsung Galaxy tabs and my ipad 2 I'm typing this post on,,, a retina mini and an ipad 5 might be a fun addition to my tablet family.

The rumored Ipad maxi and the soon to be released 12" Galaxy Note tablet are also high on my shopping list,,,,, it really is fun not being married to only one platform.

Cheers
Davyo

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, about 40 minutes into the presentation and all I can honestly muster is 'meh'. I understand the features mentioned to this point will provide further fuel to fanboys that Samsung is the king of innovation and features. And that is fine. But in my world, if you give me a basket full of things I would never use in my day-to-day....you really haven't given me anything. Key word being 'my'. Regardless, I will pass on the Note 3 as I figured I would. On to the 10th.....

Edit: With that said, they have beaten Apple to the punch on the smart watch. Man, Apple even allows so much as a leak to hit the waves and Samsung is pouncing on it. This thing will be out on the street for months upon months before Apple even gets theirs into production. Shame.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, about 40 minutes into the presentation and all I can honestly muster is 'meh'. I understand the features mentioned to this point will provide further fuel to fanboys that Samsung is the king of innovation and features. And that is fine. But in my world, if you give me a basket full of things I would never use in my day-to-day....you really haven't given me anything. Key word being 'my'. Regardless, I will pass on the Note 3 as I figured I would. On to the 10th.....

I'm watching it Live now. http://forums.imore.com/other-oss-devices/261294-samsung-galaxy-note-3-a.html

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Android is not my thing I've tried it and I'm just an iOS person. I also hate Samsung specifically and would never buy anything Samsung but as a tech lover I would have watched if it was as big a production as Apple events.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Android is not my thing I've tried it and I'm just an iOS person. I also hate Samsung specifically and would never buy anything Samsung but as a tech lover I would have watched if it was as big a production as Apple events.

I watched it and yea, I don't think the announcement was as exciting as Apples new iPhones. Samsung seems to focus more on just putting out the facts and moving on. However, as a tech lover myself, I did find that their announcement was interesting enough to hold my attention till the end.... Ever see a Nokia announcement? **Zzzzzz**

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I watched it and yea, I don't think the announcement was as exciting as Apples new iPhones. Samsung seems to focus more on just putting out the facts and moving on. However, as a tech lover myself, I did find that their announcement was interesting enough to hold my attention till the end.... Ever see a Nokia announcement? **Zzzzzz**

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

I'm not a Samsung hater by any means, but the production they put on for the S4 was outright ridiculous. Almost unwatchable. If you didn't see it, and want to numb your brain, see if you can find it on youtube or somewhere else. I couldn't tell if a phone was being released or it was a bad casting for Les Miserables....

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a Samsung hater by any means, but the production they put on for the S4 was outright ridiculous. Almost unwatchable. If you didn't see it, and want to numb your brain, see if you can find it on youtube or somewhere else. I couldn't tell if a phone was being released or it was a bad casting for Les Miserables....

Yeah, I didn’t watch it... was very busy with work this morning... but still got the gist of it... meh... is it September 10th yet?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Haha OMG that was the worst presentation I've ever seen next to the horrendous Blackberry 10 keynote in January.

Apple just knows how to nail down keynotes, hardware design and pretty everything they do LOL. I can't wait to watch the Note 3 presentation just to laugh.

Oh about the smart watch thing finn Samsung so desperately wants to be Apple it's hilarious. I'm sure we'll be seeing the notorious waiting in line commercials this year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice