Is Wireless charging a thing for the IPhone 5s?

DeeDudnath

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
i as reading up on something and it said something about wireless charging? i dont know if its true or not but i dont see them putting it in on the 5s more than likely on the 6?

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
And what exactly is wireless charging?

Wireless charging is another way of saying Inductive Charging. (Think of an electric toothbrush) Not a new idea, but there are advances being made that are making it more comparable to wired charging.
When or if it shall come to the iPhone time shall tell.

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully it won't be the disaster that Nokia did. The Lumia 820 I had started turning brown on the back where the phone sat on the charging plate.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's out of the question. However, we'll find out for sure on Sep. 10th when Apple announces the 5S.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd like it as an option but don't expect to see it on the 5S.

Really, though, it doesn't become a big deal until/unless the device is released as waterproof. This we probably won't see yet on the 5S either.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I used it on the Palm Pre, however, you needed a special case for it to stick to the touchstone. I don't need it for the iPhone though. It was a nice feature though.

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
i don't understand why people want wireless charging?
to me its is not that useful as
1. it is very slow.
2. i have to keep my phone on a charging conductor which means i will not be able to call or text while I'm "wirelessly " charging my phone.
3. conventional methods of charging are way better as i can use my phone while charging.

only good point about wireless charging is when I'm sleeping, sometimes i struggle to put lightning cable in the charging port.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
i don't understand why people want wireless charging?
to me its is not that useful as
1. it is very slow.
2. i have to keep my phone on a charging conductor which means i will not be able to call or text while I'm "wirelessly " charging my phone.
3. conventional methods of charging are way better as i can use my phone while charging.

only good point about wireless charging is when I'm sleeping, sometimes i struggle to put lightning cable in the charging port.
Uh have you HAD a phone with wireless charging? I have, and I was fully capable of using the phone for calls, texting and web just fine while doing so, and it was just as fast as the cable in the phone.

kuddus

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Wireless charging systems still have to be connected to the wall, so it's not clear just how much convenience they add.
You can buy a cheap Wireless Charger from amazon like Choetech, RAVPower etc.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Wireless charging is useless IMO. I had my lumia 920 and never used the functionality once....I saw it demoed and was never sold.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually kind of find having a wired connection while charging MORE convenient, because I can at least use my phone while it's being charged that way...something I can't easily do while it's sitting on a charging plate. That's just my opinion though...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I actually kind of find having a wired connection while charging MORE convenient, because I can at least use my phone while it's being charged that way...something I can't easily do while it's sitting on a charging plate. That's just my opinion though...

Seriously. If there's a charging plate I'd prefer that there be a switch on my phone to turn on and off to be wirelessly charged from the plate from a certain distance within range. The hell am I gonna put it on the plate for if I can't pick it up to use it like I could if a wire is in it?

- Posted from my iPad mini with retina while on a charger

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Seriously. If there's a charging plate I'd prefer that there be a switch on my phone to turn on and off to be wirelessly charged from the plate from a certain distance within range. The hell am I gonna put it on the plate for if I can't pick it up to use it like I could if a wire is in it?

- Posted from my iPad mini with retina while on a charger

Didn't apple file a patent for wireless charging when your iPhone is within like 2 feet of lets say an iMac?

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

LordLugard

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm not so enamoured by it personally as of now simply because it takes much longer to charge versus directly being plugged in.
In the case of the iPhone, it charges quickly via USB and tons faster via AC plug and since I'm always moving stuff on and off via USB I like having it plugged in to my PC anyway.

Would I mind if it was included in the next model iPhone, no. Would I care much, not really. Would I jump off a bridge if it wasn't included, definitely not. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73