Imagining iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c: Apple A7 processor, RAM, and Storage

A great story in my opinion written by our feerless blog leader Rene Richie. Please read the entire story and see what you think because it is worth it.

Imagining iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c: Apple A7 processor, RAM, and Storage | iMore
    09-02-2013 12:01 PM
    This upcoming iPhone event is going to be very interesting...
    Jrome.brooks likes this.
    09-02-2013 01:32 PM
    I just keep having this strange feeling in my gut that Apple is going to put focus on this 5C or whatever it is called in hopes that it distracts from a very, very incremental upgrade from the 5 to 5S. And this concerns me. I am pretty much a loyalist to the iphone but man, even I cannot ignore the fact that in several ways the next device is playing 'catch up' to competing flagship devices. If the current rumors hold true, with little addition to what we think is known, then I do not see Apple leaping ahead with the 5S....a device that will likely remain its newest addition for the next year!!

Maybe I am just venting. But geez, is the focus so steadily aligned on profit margins that any and all risk taking has been tossed out the window? Like acerace mentions above, it will be very interesting indeed.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    09-02-2013 01:45 PM
    I just keep having this strange feeling in my gut that Apple is going to put focus on this 5C or whatever it is called in hopes that it distracts from a very, very incremental upgrade from the 5 to 5S. And this concerns me. I am pretty much a loyalist to the iphone but man, even I cannot ignore the fact that in several ways the next device is playing 'catch up' to competing flagship devices. If the current rumors hold true, with little addition to what we think is known, then I do not see Apple leaping ahead with the 5S....a device that will likely remain its newest addition for the next year!!

Maybe I am just venting. But geez, is the focus so steadily aligned on profit margins that any and all risk taking has been tossed out the window? Like acerace mentions above, it will be very interesting indeed.
    I have stated this comment in other posts that if this turns out to be as you say your gut feeling is I will save money and buy a reduced 5. If the 5S if that is what becomes the name is a major change, Then a no brainer on what I will buy. I have read too many articles and opinions from Rene in the past on other major devices that have been true and not to mention if true, This is my next phone for 2 years. When the official announcement with real specs come out and all the blogs like BGR, Mac World etc. and us report on it to be true then I will know what I am going to do. Until then we are all just going to wonder.
    taz323 likes this.
    09-02-2013 03:51 PM