I want to know will I be able to pick up an iPhone 5s day of release unlocked without contract full price? Or for that matter pre order when available unlocked?
    09-01-2013 10:18 AM
    I am going to assume that if things went like the 5 when it came out Apple will more than likely offer an unlocked phone as well as the typical carrier locked phone. You asked 2 questions and the 2nd one is the unlocked or locked if you are going to buy a new phone OFF contract meaning you have no upgrade due you then you will be required to pay full retail for the phone. Contract is the key word more than unlocked or not.
    09-01-2013 11:23 AM
    I am going to assume that if things went like the 5 when it came out Apple will more than likely offer an unlocked phone as well as the typical carrier locked phone. You asked 2 questions and the 2nd one is the unlocked or locked if you are going to buy a new phone OFF contract meaning you have no upgrade due you then you will be required to pay full retail for the phone. Contract is the key word more than unlocked or not.
    I have a contract with AT&T and want to pre-order the 5S, but I don't have an upgrade available. Can I pre-order at full price? And will it be an unlocked or carrier locked version?
    09-02-2013 08:27 PM
    If you're not eligible for a carrier subsidized upgrade, you will pay full retail... and yes, you can pre-order under those conditions... any time you pay the subsidized price, there should be no carrier lock... you may have to get your carrier's tech support to make sure it's unlocked.
    09-02-2013 08:36 PM
    If you're not eligible for a carrier subsidized upgrade, you will pay full retail... and yes, you can pre-order under those conditions... any time you pay the subsidized price, there should be no carrier lock... you may have to get your carrier's tech support to make sure it's unlocked.
    True but in past years they have not sold unlocked phones in the first few weeks. But if you've paid full price, you should be able to get the carrier to unlock it.
    09-02-2013 09:05 PM