5S or iPhone 5?

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
With a 31% in speed from the A7, fingerprint sensor, eye tracking, better camera is it worth waiting for the iPhone 6?

Lol can someone agree?

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you don't buy because something better is just around the corner, you'll never buy anything... After the new iPhone comes out, the last model will be reduced in price retail - and on the secondary market, there will be more of them, and a lower price there... just buy what you can comfortably afford and has the features you want and be done with it.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
If you don't buy because something better is just around the corner, you'll never buy anything... After the new iPhone comes out, the last model will be reduced in price retail - and on the secondary market, there will be more of them, and a lower price there... just buy what you can comfortably afford and has the features you want and be done with it.

I might go with a 5... But I do understand what you are saying. The reason why I mention the iPhone 6 is because it could have 2GB of ram.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Since nobody knows what any "new" iPhone will have under the hood, telling you to wait for a specific model (which again, nobody knows anything about) would be kind of a moot point.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I might go with a 5... But I do understand what you are saying. The reason why I mention the iPhone 6 is because it could have 2GB of ram.

Keep in mind as well, that the way Apple marries and tweaks all of their components, '2'GB of ram may be as meaningful of a number as megapixels when it comes to camera performance. To this point, they have done a rather solid job in the way 1GB ram works in comparison to other phones boasting 2GB.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Keep in mind as well, that the way Apple marries and tweaks all of their components, '2'GB of ram may be as meaningful of a number as megapixels when it comes to camera performance. To this point, they have done a rather solid job in the way 1GB ram works in comparison to other phones boasting 2GB.

I agree with your statement a lot. Yet in the past upgrades to hardware were 100%. Yes the 5S is unannounced and yes what we are hearing isn't all confirmed.
I just hope there is more of a spec upgrade and especially battery life.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I agree with your statement a lot. Yet in the past upgrades to hardware were 100%. Yes the 5S is unannounced and yes what we are hearing isn't all confirmed.
I just hope there is more of a spec upgrade and especially battery life.

Fortunately it looks like we only have around 2 weeks to wait until we find out. It will likely take some digging since Apple tends not to go into detail on the numerical spec upgrades. I agree with you on hopes for improved battery life. To be honest, I am quite happy with the battery life my 5 gets, but naturally I would never shun an improvement if offered :)

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Fortunately it looks like we only have around 2 weeks to wait until we find out. It will likely take some digging since Apple tends not to go into detail on the numerical spec upgrades. I agree with you on hopes for improved battery life. To be honest, I am quite happy with the battery life my 5 gets, but naturally I would never shun an improvement if offered :)

I hear you on that! Although I managed to buy an sealed factory unlocked iPhone 5 32GB for At&t. Heh if the 5S is a worthy upgrade then I'll flip the phone. Lol it's worth more than $420 after all.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Since being on imore I keep hearing how the 4S is by far the best iPhone ever made so I'm assuming the 5S will take that crown away for some of us especially if the iPhone 6 comes out next year looking like the fat lady sang

I like the size of the iPhone 5 so if the S is a five on steroids I will buy it no questions asked

Sent from my iPhone 5

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Since being on imore I keep hearing how the 4S is by far the best iPhone ever made so I'm assuming the 5S will take that crown away for some of us especially if the iPhone 6 comes out next year looking like the fat lady sang

I like the size of the iPhone 5 so if the S is a five on steroids I will buy it no questions asked

Sent from my iPhone 5

I think the 5S will be heavier than the 5 : p

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my iPhone 5

I don't know if the 4S is the best iPhone or not . I really like mine. I'm looking forward to seeing the 5S.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm more than happy with my 5 and I might finally skip an upgrade. People hype the speed boost but the 5 is fast enough for me! I would rather wait for a redesigned iPhone 6 with a possibly larger screen. This update is meant for ppl that skipped the 5. I regret upgrading to 4s from the 4 after 3 weeks despite the difference in speed. This time I could careless for the processing improvement.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm more than happy with my 5 and I might finally skip an upgrade. People hype the speed boost but the 5 is fast enough for me! I would rather wait for a redesigned iPhone 6 with a possibly larger screen. This update is meant for ppl that skipped the 5. I regret upgrading to 4s from the 4 after 3 weeks despite the difference in speed. This time I could careless for the processing improvement.

Hmm the larger screen I can do without. I think the 5 has a big enough screen and yes it is fast enough. Yet I always heard to jump onto the second generation S model. And recently I've been hearing "no wait until each redesign" We'll see what Apples announces soon.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Usually, when the new iPhone is released, the present one is available for $100 less on contract. However, I read somewhere that the 5 was going to be phased out this time, not following the usual trend. Maybe the 5C would take it's place? Anyone heard anything?

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Usually, when the new iPhone is released, the present one is available for $100 less on contract. However, I read somewhere that the 5 was going to be phased out this time, not following the usual trend. Maybe the 5C would take it's place? Anyone heard anything?

Will you settle for a plastic iPhone though?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

That seems to be the rumor. I am surprised they are not making more of an effort to phase out the 4S. Granted it still remains a beyond well-selling phone, but I figured they might want to reach a point where all devices are using the same 8-pin connecting port. I guess I can see them wanting to discontinue the 5 so that it does not canablize the sales of the 5C. But this would/will be only the second time they have killed a device after only 1 year shelf life. The event on the 10th should prove quite intersting as many questions still remain.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods