Rumored Apple A7 chipset gets rumored speed increase, motion tracking companion core, 64-bit testing

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Rumored Apple A7 chipset gets rumored speed increase, motion tracking companion core, 64-bit testing

When asked in a thread that someone started this past week what would make you go for the new iPhone due to be announced Sept. 10th my answer was I have my upgrade sitting there ready and if what this article is mentioning turns out to be true then YES I would upgrade to the 5S if indeed that turns out to be the name of the new phone. The chipset and it's proported increase over the current chip in the 5 as well as a possible 64 bit? then i would go for it. I don't see any price points changing so for my usual Black 16GB VZW at $199.00 assuming of course, This is where I would go. Here is the article. Read it and see what you think for now.
Usually I don't do this but i think for the the best way for everyone to get a bite of this article i am going to copy it to the 5S thread as well to simply get max exposure. Hope the Mods don't mind on this one. :)

Rumored Apple A7 chipset gets rumored speed increase, motion tracking companion core, 64-bit testing | iMore

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Of course the new iPhone have to be more fast then the iPhone 5.. I don't think I would be upgrading to a 5s since I already have a 5 but yet I am interested to see how it's gonna turn out

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If it has a huge GPU performance jump (3x or more) over the 5 I'm 100% upgrading cause my 4S is starting to show its age with iOS 7

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Does everyone else who has used or is currently using iOS 7 beta agree with this assessment?

I'm currently using it on my iPhone 4S & 5th gen iPod Touch. It's not bad it does lag a little here and there but I'm going to wait until the GM comes out before I give my final assessment since it's not optimized yet

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Except for Apple apps built in to iOS 7, I wouldn't worry about other apps lagging. They have not been optimized for iOS 7. Even if the devs have updated their app's UI to mimic iOS 7, they are not using the Apple optimized APIs for anything currently in the App Store.

That is something I thought of. So you made a good point. I'll blame Plants vs Zombies 2 for eating up my iPad's ram lol

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site

When asked in a thread that someone started this past week what would make you go for the new iPhone due to be announced Sept. 10th my answer was I have my upgrade sitting there ready and if what this article is mentioning turns out to be true then YES I would upgrade to the 5S if indeed that turns out to be the name of the new phone. The chipset and it's proported increase over the current chip in the 5 as well as a possible 64 bit? then i would go for it. I don't see any price points changing so for my usual Black 16GB VZW at $199.00 assuming of course, This is where I would go. Here is the article. Read it and see what you think for now.
Usually I don't do this but i think for the the best way for everyone to get a bite of this article i am going to copy it to the 5S thread as well to simply get max exposure. Hope the Mods don't mind on this one. :)

Rumored Apple A7 chipset gets rumored speed increase, motion tracking companion core, 64-bit testing | iMore

What does the 64 bit testing mean? And what happened to 32 bit?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What does the 64 bit testing mean? And what happened to 32 bit?
You did not read the full article on iMore that is posted or on 9to5Mac did you?

[INFO]Meanwhile Mark Gurman has heard Apple has been testing a 64-bit architecture for the A7. 9to5Mac:
It’s unclear if 64-bit will make the cut, but it’s been in testing. We’re told that the 64-bit processing will make animations, transparencies, and other iOS 7 graphical effects appear much more smoothly than on existing iOS Devices…[/INFO]

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711