How many of you have decided your 100% upgrading from the iPhone 5 to the 5S?

Will you upgrade from your iPhone 5 to the 5S?

• Yes, definitely.

Votes: 35 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 18 25.4%

• Total voters

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I will be, but I also have an upgrade next month.

My iPhone 5 was a "test" to see if I liked ios. My old phone, an epic 4g touch (galaxy s2 for sprint) was driving me crazy. Apps would force close a lot, the phone was loosing its ability to charge (I had 3 battery's and reset it several times) I was also sick of having to root it just to get a suitable OS as samsungs ics version was HORRIBLE. It had more issues than a roots rom. I originally wanted a galaxy s3 which I found used for 300 but I thought about it and realized that I would probably pay 300 and as soon as the galaxy s4 came out, the value would drop even more and I would STILL not have enough money to buy a new phone when my upgrade came out and I didn't trust Samsung at all anymore. I decided to try out the iPhone. I knew they kept value thus when my upgrade came up, I could easily sell it for a good price still and not loose too much from buying upfront. I also heard iPhones were very reliable with better battery life than the average android phone. When I bought it I decided I would try it out and if I liked it, I would sell it for the iPhone that comes out in September, if I didn't, I would sell it and get whatever I like at the time from android. Since I ended up liking it looks like I'm getting an iPhone 5s :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll be upgrading honestly because why the hell not? It's a new phone, I have the means to do so and I'm a tech junky...I will have the new iPhone on release day.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377909758.320157.jpg

So I'm guessing I should probably stay with verizon when I get the 5S. Really taking advantage of my unlimited data.

Haha before most of you freak out I was using hot spot during a move cause we didn't have internet.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 37261

So I'm guessing I should probably stay with verizon when I get the 5S. Really taking advantage of my unlimited data.

Haha before most of you freak out I was using hot spot during a move cause we didn't have internet.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

If I had unlimited data my monthly usage would be about the same :p I'm stuck with 6 GB of data cause the carriers in Canada aren't that nice...

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Listed my 64 gb today for $485 on Craigslist and 10 min later had a text and it was gone. I fear I sold it too cheap?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4.

Padron26

May 3, 2012
Visit site
You probably did, but then again it sold. It sucks when you have something your trying to sell for days/weeks.

I might end up waiting till the next jb is released unless i use the 5s for a second line upgrade.

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Just thought of something: do you think that they'll sell out the first day? Or are the "S" series phones don't sell out as quick as the new actual model?

Sent from the shadows of darkness using Tapatalk

The iPhone 4S model outsold the 4, and I am confident the 5S will outsell the 5 as well.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
If I had unlimited data my monthly usage would be about the same :p I'm stuck with 6 GB of data cause the carriers in Canada aren't that nice...

how can one be 'stuck' with 6GB? ;) I have 1.5GB and that's already the medium sized data package. Australians are stingy fellows.

I did not want to start a new topic for this, but shouldn't the invitations for the purported September 10 event be out any day? There are nine days left, I have not heard a thing. Can anyone remember last year's timing?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
how can one be 'stuck' with 6GB? ;) I have 1.5GB and that's already the medium sized data package. Australians are stingy fellows.

I did not want to start a new topic for this, but shouldn't the invitations for the purported September 10 event be out any day? There are nine days left, I have not heard a thing. Can anyone remember last year's timing?

Cause at the time I got my iPhone bell had a promo: 6 GB data add-on for $30 (6GB was the most anyone could get in Canada at the time). But when I checked my plan online my 6 GB of data was not marked as a promo plan so I can keep it as long as I don't use a upgrade. Also with bell's new 2 year plan I rather not change my current plan ever, hence why I am 'stuck' with it ;)

Invites should be going out on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in the US and Canada)

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Listed my 64 gb today for $485 on Craigslist and 10 min later had a text and it was gone. I fear I sold it too cheap?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4.

Possibly, I found it hard to find many decent phones for under 475 a couple months ago. Most were 500+ and the 64gb was generally 600's but since the new iPhone is coming out soon it might have been a fair price. I plan on selling my 32g for somewhere around that when I get an 5s. If it doesn't sell, I'll go lower but I've never had a problem selling an apple product and not getting top dollar :)

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Happy to say that i'll be at the iphone 5S pre-order slumber party this year! Payed the ETF on one of my 10 verizon lines so I could pre-order the new iphone 5S when it comes out for preorder. it was cheaper than buying the phone at full price!

had to sell my 32 gig iphone 5 but hey, i'm excited now! whoooo!