How many of you have decided your 100% upgrading from the iPhone 5 to the 5S?

Will you upgrade from your iPhone 5 to the 5S?

• Yes, definitely.

Votes: 35 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 18 25.4%

• Total voters

trifster

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I get my wife's upgrade so I get the new one every year and she gets my 1 yr old hand me down. Been working this way since iPhone 2G to 3G.

Ih8reno

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I got the 5 in October as part of my employers corporate account offering. The iPhone was essentially free and so far works great! No reason to upgrade this year. Next time I do I think I'll buy outright.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Re-sale prices are plummeting on the 5s and 4Ss, and according to several studies, the ideal time to sell was a few weeks ago. Plus I doubt the next gen phone will be shipping before end of September.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums app

Actually I have an old phone that I can use in the meantime (until the release). Also I have sold phones on ebay before (including iphones) and gotten my asking price or better. The reason why is because I keep all original boxes, receipts, packaging, purchase apple care and do free overnight shipping for the winning bidder. I have a 32gb I5, which I know I could easily get my asking price for. It would also be cheaper than retail pricing for someone who damaged their phone and has no insurance to replace it with. There are auctions on ebay within the last 24hrs that were closed out with winning bids over 500.00 for the 16gb model alone. Mine's a step above that, so I'm good. Only decision I need to make is if I want to stay off contract with vz or sign a new one and get contract pricing.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
At present I am 50% sure I will be. Waiting to see what changes are in store.
Though very happy with my iP5!

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Just thought of something: do you think that they'll sell out the first day? Or are the "S" series phones don't sell out as quick as the new actual model?

Sent from the shadows of darkness using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just thought of something: do you think that they'll sell out the first day? Or are the "S" series phones don't sell out as quick as the new actual model?

Sent from the shadows of darkness using Tapatalk

"S" model or not, it will sell out... shipping times will slip to 2-3 weeks... take that to the bank.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I've been purchasing iPhones since the 3GS and can't recall one that didn't sell out on day one and slipped to 2-3 week ship times as Fausty mentioned. The 5S will definitely follow this trend.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been purchasing iPhones since the 3GS and can't recall one that didn't sell out on day one and slipped to 2-3 week ship times as Fausty mentioned. The 5S will definitely follow this trend.

Yep that's why I'm going to try buying it day 1.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep that's why I'm going to try buying it day 1.

I would too but the problem is I am only due for a early upgrade that will extend my contract with AT&T for another 2 years. If they don't give me another early upgrade in 6 months like they are doing now, I won't be able to upgrade to the 6 next year. Some people claim to get the early upgrades every year while others don't. I'm not sure if I want to chance it or not, especially the way the carriers keep changing the rules all the time.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I would too but the problem is I am only due for a early upgrade that will extend my contract with AT&T for another 2 years. If they don't give me another early upgrade in 6 months like they are doing now, I won't be able to upgrade to the 6 next year. Some people claim to get the early upgrades every year while others don't. I'm not sure if I want to chance it or not, especially the way the carriers keep changing the rules all the time.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

Yeah those darn carriers!! I have to buy mine outright so here's hoping I can get a pretty penny for my 5.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Got my money put away and will set my alarm clock for 2:45 am to be one of the first orders on line!!!!

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I luckily have 2 people that never use their upgrades for our family plan. One goes to my brother and the other comes to me. So I have an additional upgrade every year. I always upgrade.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm in canada so if I want the iPhone 5s I have to pay full price at an apple store plus it has to be the unlocked version since my next upgrade is in December 2014. Then on top of that I have to hope I can keep my current plan cause if I have to get a new plan I'll be paying $120/month instead of my current $70/month if I want 6 GB of data still

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in canada so if I want the iPhone 5s I have to pay full price at an apple store plus it has to be the unlocked version since my next upgrade is in December 2014. Then on top of that I have to hope I can keep my current plan cause if I have to get a new plan I'll be paying $120/month instead of my current $70/month if I want 6 GB of data still

If you buy the phone yourself, of course you can keep your current plan -- isn't it just a matter of popping your SIM into the new phone?

(Did that last year, because I have an awesome retentions plan that I don't want to lose.)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you buy the phone yourself, of course you can keep your current plan -- isn't it just a matter of popping your SIM into the new phone?

(Did that last year, because I have an awesome retentions plan that I don't want to lose.)

I hope so or bell is going to have another angry customer to add to there ever growing list :p

I would have to get a new SIM card though since I'm currently using a 4S

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I won't be upgrading. I love my iPhone 5 and it has been able to meet my needs pretty well. I don't see anything in the 5S that I absolutely need to have. I will wait for the 6. It is likely that the 6 will have a different form factor. Its just hard to justify paying so much money for a phone thats going to look exactly the same as the one I have. Also, when doing speed comparisons with my 4S and my current 5, the 5 wasn't that much faster. But I upgraded to the five because of the bigger screen, LTE, lightning connector, and aluminum back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I am going to upgrade.. I am happy with the 5 and of anything I will be waiting for the 6 hopefully next year it will come out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2