iPhone 5s gold, future of color options

maccmacc11

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Would you like it any color you could imagine ? Well I would. That's why I voted gold. So what's you option about that ? Count down here we come.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5s gold

Thread moved to the iPhone 5s forum for better exposure.

I prefer the White colored iPhone that I have now. But I can see how others would want different colors. That said, the 5C is the one that will get colors not the 5S.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

Actually you can already get your iPhone 5 colored with anostyle. They have amazing colors for the iPhones. My favorite is probably the royal blue iPhone 5.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Actually you can already get your iPhone 5 colored with anostyle. They have amazing colors for the iPhones. My favorite is probably the royal blue iPhone 5.

I like Royal Blue as well. However, the only problem with this method of changing the color of the iPhone is that it voids the iPhones warranty.

dobermansrule

May 23, 2013
Visit site

Yeah if Anostyle didn't void the warranty them I would have done it to my black iPhone...I love the flat black color. It just makes it look so good.

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I love the idea, but I wouldn't want to put a case on it. I hope it's white/gold black/gold and not all gold. I would get white/gold and see how a white/yellow battery case looks on it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Sorry, sports fans, but IMHO, the gold iPhone 5s is so ghetto. I liken it to gold "badging" on a Toyota Camry. If it really happens, that sucker is going in a case - any case to hide the cheap gold color... I see it as pretentious, and again IMHO, it will cheapen the look of the phone.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Gold really depends on how it's done.

If super-metallic, could be neat. If plasticky and dull, not so much.

I've got a black/slate 5, intend to get a white/silver 5S.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I saw a rendering where the current white version replaces the silver back and sides with champagne. I didn't mind that version.
usa7eqy7.jpg

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

This is the best looking "gold" so far. I would get that color.

Yes, and the yellow/white Maxboost battery case would look good on it. I like. :-D

Edit: scratch that. Black Maxboost battery case would look better. I can't wait til the phone comes out.

Last edited:

anon(4706822)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, sports fans, but IMHO, the gold iPhone 5s is so ghetto. I liken it to gold "badging" on a Toyota Camry. If it really happens, that sucker is going in a case - any case to hide the cheap gold color... I see it as pretentious, and again IMHO, it will cheapen the look of the phone.

I have to agree with Fausty82 here. While it IS nice to have more color options I feel they need to fit into the design. My first thoughts of gold is "bling". I am one for the blacks, grays, whites and graphite colors. Gold body against the Easter Egg color pallet of the new iOS 7? Urmmmmm? 😁

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I just can't with the gold. The new colour scheme for iOS 7 seems to go bet with the white and silver of the current iPhone, and I haven't seen anything to indicate that gold tones, even champagne ones, would correspond as well as the traditional colours.

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I just can't with the gold. The new colour scheme for iOS 7 seems to go bet with the white and silver of the current iPhone, and I haven't seen anything to indicate that gold tones, even champagne ones, would correspond as well as the traditional colours.

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.
What would be awesome is if iOS had not themes but basic color themes to choose
from to correspond with the color of your iPhone. High contrast, something in the middle,
and low contrast.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I really don't care about phone color. Black or white is fine with me. I keep my iPhone in an Otterbox Defender so it looks just as good on day 600 as it did on day 1.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro