Are you excited about the supposed finger print sensor

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 5S

How excited are you about IPhone5S with supposed finger print sensor?

Welcome to iMore. As for your question, I'm excited that a new iPhone will be introduce very soon and I'm even more excited that iOS 7 will soon to available for it and for our current iPhone models. I'm not particularly excited about the 5S because I have no intention of upgrading to it from my iPhone 5, and the possible fingerprint scanner feature is meh to me. Anyway, thanks for the post and again, welcome to iMore.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thread moved to the iPhone 5s forum for better exposure.

I am not very excited as I don't see this as something that I would use. However, I can see how others would like the added security that this feature would bring.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not for two reasons. The first being that I don't see myself using it. The second being I have a fear this will be the 'differentiating' feature distinguishing the 5S from a now year old device. If true, I can't help but be quite disappointed.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not excited about the finger print scanner, it's not something I think I'd use. I am looking forward to a new iPhone as I might upgrade. I'm more excited for iOS 7.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not for two reasons. The first being that I don't see myself using it. The second being I have a fear this will be the 'differentiating' feature distinguishing the 5S from a now year old device. If true, I can't help but be quite disappointed.

Some people think that the S stands for Scanner so you very well could be right about this.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm more curious about it than excited. I'm interested to see how well it will work and how fast it will work. If it isn't any faster than unlocking with a pin then I probably won't use it. I would actually rather have the home button act as a notification light, similar to what one of the LG phones has. I think there is one that has a ring around the home button that lights up for notifications. That would have gotten me more excited than a fingerprint scanner in all honesty.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Can't wait to see the first thread that someone posted about finding a way around the fingerprint scan, cause they are locked out of their phone. Smh. Not excited at all

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
The Atrix had a fingerprint scanner unlock and I really loved t. It wasn't exactly problem free, every so often I had to make it "re learn". So yes it will be neat and hopefully will work flawlessly on the 5s

cliro

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Had a fingerprint scanner on an old hp laptop and a moto atrix phone, both were garbage and took many scans to actually work.. Not worth the hassle in my opinion. Just a sales gimmick that just isn't really worth having.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711