iPhone5S Event September 10th

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I've owned every iPhone since the 3G and bought every iPhone on launch day since the 3GS. I do have a upgrade available now but I am determined not to buy the 5S this year and keep my 5. I hope to keep my word on that.

I'm with you Garz. I just upgraded to the 5 and honestly I love it. Should I have waited? Probably but this phone has been great and I've only owned it a week. Once iOS 7 is released I don't really see a reason unless the next iPhone can predict the future :) or make me breakfast. I say these things now but I'm sure I will secretly want the latest and greatest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You would buy just for finger print scanner?

I personally think a finger print scanner is useless for me. I let my family use my phone when the need it, so unless it can keep track of multiple people I'm not integrated in the feature at all. I thought it was crappy when it came out with the Motorola artix as well.

The only thing I personally want from a new iPhone is a little bigger screen maybe 4.5-4.7 with a small enough bezel than I would be good.

Since it likely won't happen on the 5s I am satisfied with my iPhone 5.
I agree with you about the fingerprint scanner. It was only useful on my old Motorola Atrix when it worked, which wasn't that often. I would rather have a slightly larger screen if anything, instead of a FP scanner.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you about the fingerprint scanner. It was only useful on my old Motorola Atrix when it worked, which wasn't that often. I would rather have a slightly larger screen if anything, instead of a FP scanner.

I don't see Apple adding a larger display on a S model.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
You would buy just for finger print scanner?

I personally think a finger print scanner is useless for me. I let my family use my phone when the need it, so unless it can keep track of multiple people I'm not integrated in the feature at all. I thought it was crappy when it came out with the Motorola artix as well.

The only thing I personally want from a new iPhone is a little bigger screen maybe 4.5-4.7 with a small enough bezel than I would be good.

Since it likely won't happen on the 5s I am satisfied with my iPhone 5.

Yes I would like a screen as big as my Nexus 4 but I know that won't happen. I see massive potential with a fingerprint scanner so instead of having to type my passcode in every time and risk people knowing, having my finger instead would be far better for me.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm with you Garz. I just upgraded to the 5 and honestly I love it. Should I have waited? Probably but this phone has been great and I've only owned it a week. Once iOS 7 is released I don't really see a reason unless the next iPhone can predict the future :) or make me breakfast. I say these things now but I'm sure I will secretly want the latest and greatest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, love the 5 and grabbed it in June , have no big need to trade up yet. Ios7 update will be great for now- either way though this phone is great.

mr.saving

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty excited about this 5S announcement, and I was curious. Anyone know when Apple finalizes the hardware in the iPhone cycle?

mr.saving

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

I understand the hesitation towards the FP scanner due to your previous experience, but I would like to point out that this is Apple that may be releasing this feature in their iPhone... not Motorola w Android 2.2 (I believe that was the version at that time). Just saying :)

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
i believe iphone 5C will be great to lure those people to join in the apple ecosystem who choose an android because its cheap. if people purchasing cheaper apple products like the ecosystem then they are more likely to buy expensive and premium devices that apple makes. even my apple love started when i bought my ipod classic.
Also, the cheaper iphone if it sells at $350-450 will boost the profit margins if apple discontinues the iphone 5 and earlier iphones as soon as the 5S lands.

hdtracy

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm incredibly happy with my iPhone 5... but like others here, I'm a total sucker for those events. I do remember when I had my iPhone 4, the 4S didn't phase me too much.

But, if they come out with a colored, cheaper version of the 5... I'm going to be very tempted. I love me some purple phones.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I hope Apple can release something nice to steal back market share from Android, but I'm perfectly happy with my iPhone 5. Contract isn't up until September 2014, anyway.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Twittersphere citing "usually reliable sources" saying iOS7 next beta release next week... Gold Master to carriers & Apple insiders 9/5 - and iOS7 Gold Master will release with the event...

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'll win another iMore shirt this year if we do an iOS 7 release party again! Beta 5 is fantastic by the way. Anyways, looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll be just as fortunate getting my preorder in at 3:12a like last year. Can't wait!! :)

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Ah. I remember winning a shirt from the iPhone 5 slumber party last year. I hope we have another midnight release thread going on. Hopefully I'll be waiting there with you guys to preorder mine. 🙏

Padron26

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I hope Apple can release something nice to steal back market share from Android, but I'm perfectly happy with my iPhone 5. Contract isn't up until September 2014, anyway.

This would be cool to see, it just so hard for apple cause of all of the different android manufacturers. Color option would be sweet, and it would even the playing field alittle.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Same here I'm ready for ios7. I'm quite happy with the size and specs of my i5. I really don't want anything bigger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2