iPhone5S Event September 10th

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks

To think there was a TAX free weekend in Massachusetts today :)

Sent from my iPhone 5

Too bad the 5S didn't come out this weekend, lol. In any event as I posted above $849. is the current full retail price of the iPhone 5 and what you can pretty much expect to pay for the 5S as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Too bad the 5S didn't come out this weekend, lol. In any event as I posted above $849. is the current full retail price of the iPhone 5 and what you can pretty much expect to pay for the 5S as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

I'm willing to pay that and then sell my 5 as my iPhone is my only Apple device I run a tablet and laptop outside of iOS and plan on keeping it that way so I can justify running the latest and greatest

Sent from my iPhone 5

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there a penalty for returning the iPhone 5 if your under the 30 day return window? I just bought a new one a week ago and now news is coming that the 5S will be announced on the 10th. I would rather just return the 5 and get the 5S when it comes out next month, also I used my upgrade for it. How does that work? How long would it take to get my upgrade back.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm willing to pay that and then sell my 5 as my iPhone is my only Apple device I run a tablet and laptop outside of iOS and plan on keeping it that way so I can justify running the latest and greatest

Sent from my iPhone 5

Just quoting myself to say that an OS update does change the way people feel about there current phone so if I am able to update before I'm able to get a 5S things might change one can never know for sure. It's happened to me before when you had to jump thru hoops and risk loosing data to upgrade but once you did it you fell in love with your phone and couldn't part with it

Sent from my iPhone 5

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Is there a penalty for returning the iPhone 5 if your under the 30 day return window? I just bought a new one a week ago and now news is coming that the 5S will be announced on the 10th. I would rather just return the 5 and get the 5S when it comes out next month, also I used my upgrade for it. How does that work? How long would it take to get my upgrade back.

Not knowing what service your on I can only speak about Sprint where you have 30 days to switch to a different phone not a refund I believe and your not getting your upgrade back

Sent from my iPhone 5

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm on verizon and I got the phone through Apple.
You can return the iPhone 5 that you got back to Apple.. There won't be a penalty for returning it. Once the return is processed, Verizon will reverse your upgrade back to the date that it was before and you'll be able to get the 5S.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

The new iPhone is being announced Sept 10...availability might be October...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would like a 5S but am very happy with an iPhone 5(unless the 5S has something amazing)

This depends on what your definition of amazing is. For you and I that already have an iPhone 5 the 5S might not be amazing. to those coming from a iPhone 3 or 3GS, the iPhone 5s might be totally amazing to them.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not looking for a song and dance from the iPhone 5s but more memory and a better camera is always welcome

Sent from my iPhone 5

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
This depends on what your definition of amazing is. For you and I that already have an iPhone 5 the 5S might not be amazing. to those coming from a iPhone 3 or 3GS, the iPhone 5s might be totally amazing to them.

Oh I understand. If the 5S has a fingerprint scanner it will be time to upgrade.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh I understand. If the 5S has a fingerprint scanner it will be time to upgrade.

You would buy just for finger print scanner?

I personally think a finger print scanner is useless for me. I let my family use my phone when the need it, so unless it can keep track of multiple people I'm not integrated in the feature at all. I thought it was crappy when it came out with the Motorola artix as well.

The only thing I personally want from a new iPhone is a little bigger screen maybe 4.5-4.7 with a small enough bezel than I would be good.

Since it likely won't happen on the 5s I am satisfied with my iPhone 5.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been wondering how exactly this unveiling would go if the 5S is indeed a minor upgrade as many expect. I'm thinking that much of the emphasis will be swayed away from the fact that the 5S is an incremental upgrade and the focus will be pushed towards the lower-end model. This of course is assuming that both phones exist and will be unveiled at the same event. The other focus I imagine would be on the fingerprint scanner if it exists as well.

A new rumor is that the camera will remain 8mp while the sensor is improved. I would welcome this immensely as it would keep picture size down to allow for less storage space while continuing to improve quality. Of course those who crave numbers and misunderstand megapixels will scoff at this.

Finally, I am not sure how I feel about a fingerprint scanner. My hope is that it can be disabled. There are many times where I have wanted someone to call someone on my phone for me, answer it, etc. I can see the fingerprint scanner being a pain in my rear (for me personally).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh