Based on the current rumors, will you be upgrading to the proposed Iphone 5S?

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Got rid of my iPhones, last one being the 5,,,, switched to the Note 2 and am now rocking the GS4,,, love the GS4,,,, but if the new iphone does the camera upgrade and includes the slow mo feature on the video camera I might come back to the iphone.

The slow motion video cam on my GS4 is really very cool,,,,, I use it a lot,,,, huge fun !!!!

Yea,,,, and a larger than 4" screen would also be a big deciding factor,,,, but that will probaly happen on the iphone 6, not the 5s.

I use both Android and ios so I'm not tied to one OS.

Cheers
Davyo

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
"New and improved" doesn't necessarily mean better than what I currently have for me. I don't see a need to upgrade. I have and use a lot of phones and my 4s seems to do everything I need with the least amount of negatives. I'm one of those that appreciates the latest and newest device only when the latest and newest is necessary and more useful to me than my current device. Otherwise, I like a stable device that has proven itself with time. After using other phones, I always appreciate the smaller size, clearer screen and reliability of my iPhone 4s.

rustymini

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got the 5 so I'll stick with it for the short haul......I'll see what the 6 holds next year as far as size of screen,etc.

Trappiste

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
No. The iPhone has not really improved since iP4 -- Apple has stopped innovating. I will likely upgrade from iP5 to a WP, namely Lumia 1020. Laggy and poorly-made Androids are not an option. It is either an iP (boring but safe) or a Lumia (innovative but MS-bound).

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I was considering it eventhough I have no upgrade this year, but my dog is having surgery so I'll just have to wait until next year...

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I have a upgrade now but may save it for next year. Nothing there is telling me I need to jump. I'll decide for sure after the Keynote.

the worst time for me to decide is right after the keynote.....after watching it I want want want....

Donnee

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
It's more than likely ill be picking one up (I'm due for an upgrade early in October). I'm currently using a blackberry due to my 4s dying 6 months into a 2 year contract so it'll be nice to be back to iOS for the phone aswell

I wouldn't normally be one to wait (the 5 will do what I need I dare say) but the timing with the contract is too good to pass up this time

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Based on those specs, no way. I'm more than satisfied with my Lumia 920 right now. But I would consider coming back to iPhone if Apple introduced an iPhone with a screen comparable in size to the 920 or even Note 2.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have to think this will be quite an interesting unveiling. With all of the advancement the competition has made, there is a natural advancement in expectation as well. I've paid a lot of attention to blog and tech sites over the years (which is not necessarily a good thing) and I have observed from afar to see what devices are being used around me. At one time here in the city, all I would see are iphones and the iphone was beloved by the sites. Obviously, whether merited or not, this is changing. I shouldn't have a concern about what others think of the iphone, or what their perception of it is, as long as it is what works best for 'me'. But for some unknown reason, I do care. I do pay attention to the trends and the perceptions. Given that, I have an uneasy feeling about this unveiling. If it is indeed another incremental upgrade, a myriad of minor 'tweaks' to the camera, processor, and battery.....what will this spell? What does it say when a goliath of a corporation, one that had a solid year to work on its next offering, gives a minor refresh? Again.

Im sorry. I am just frustrated. I'm frustrated that the company that used to 'wow' me every time it took the stage is no longer doing so....at least to the prior extent. I'm frustrated that my beloved device is increasingly being referred to as outdated, boring, and a toy. I'm frustrated that after the 6th generation is released, I still won't be able to put an icon where I wish, use quick reply to a text, or control my photo albums right from my phone. I'm frustrated that after a year spent on the next generation iphone, the largest advancement and innovation very likely may be a new champagne color. And despite this, the powers at be will still take the stage and play for me a well conceived video telling me why I love the iphone and why it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. And no, I dont want an android phone. If I did, I would go buy one right now instead of typing this. I'm just venting. Venting because I know that Apple could provide so much more.....but no longer feels compelled to do so.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
^ @ Finn, that is an awesome post and sums up exactly the way I feel too. I'm sure many other iPhone enthusiasts are beginning to feel the same way as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
^ @ Finn, that is an awesome post and sums up exactly the way I feel too. I'm sure many other iPhone enthusiasts are beginning to feel the same way as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

Same here.

I was sitting at lunch yesterday and I just happened to have my iPhone 4 naked. My coworker sits down next to me with a naked iPhone as well. I paused and took his phone and put it right next to mine. His was obviously an iPhone 5. I said to him "yours is so much longer and thinner than mine" (cue laughter).

The point is, I almost didn't even notice that he had the iPhone 5. Is that by design by Apple? Think about it - the design really hasn't changed too much.

Based on all prior iPhone releases, we are assuming that the iPhone 5s is another incremental upgrade. We are probably correct. That is why the magic is gone.

Check out this concept:
http://www.businessinsider.com/iphone-6-edge-to-edge-concept-2013-8?op=1

That's more like it....

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
That is a nice concept indeed. However, I doubt it will happen with the 5S. I'm thinking the iPhone 6 will be more likely to see a design change such as this one.

I doubt it to. And I think that is what Finn is saying above. There is just no "wow" factor anymore.

But to be honest, with the Android releases recently, there is not much to get excited about either. In the mobile handheld segment, it's looking stale to me.

I want a bigger iPhone. But there is no way I am jumping ship to get a bigger screen. Maybe I'll hold onto my 4 until the iPhone 6 in 2014. Looking forward to the keynote in Sept/Oct regardless.

alieannie

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
My 5 is everything I need and am very happy with it. I now buy phones out of pocket to keep Verizon unlimited data so until my contract runs out and I find a more cost efficient carrier, this is where I'm am and I'm happy about that

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Beening fairly new to the iPhone I'm excited for the next release and plan on paying full price for the latest and greatest added with iOS 7 with the webOS goodies they added to the operating system I'm very excited to be part of what I always told myself I would never own

I got interested in the iOS when the icloud was added as well as the promising Notification progression and knew I made the right choose when I bought my iPhone 5 it's a wonderful solid phone and if you follow the smartphone database you will find there hasn't really been any groundbreaking major Hardware release in my opinion from any other phone maker that caused the 5 to become obsolete in any way

Sent from my iPhone 5

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have to think this will be quite an interesting unveiling. With all of the advancement the competition has made, there is a natural advancement in expectation as well. I've paid a lot of attention to blog and tech sites over the years (which is not necessarily a good thing) and I have observed from afar to see what devices are being used around me. At one time here in the city, all I would see are iphones and the iphone was beloved by the sites. Obviously, whether merited or not, this is changing. I shouldn't have a concern about what others think of the iphone, or what their perception of it is, as long as it is what works best for 'me'. But for some unknown reason, I do care. I do pay attention to the trends and the perceptions. Given that, I have an uneasy feeling about this unveiling. If it is indeed another incremental upgrade, a myriad of minor 'tweaks' to the camera, processor, and battery.....what will this spell? What does it say when a goliath of a corporation, one that had a solid year to work on its next offering, gives a minor refresh? Again.

Im sorry. I am just frustrated. I'm frustrated that the company that used to 'wow' me every time it took the stage is no longer doing so....at least to the prior extent. I'm frustrated that my beloved device is increasingly being referred to as outdated, boring, and a toy. I'm frustrated that after the 6th generation is released, I still won't be able to put an icon where I wish, use quick reply to a text, or control my photo albums right from my phone. I'm frustrated that after a year spent on the next generation iphone, the largest advancement and innovation very likely may be a new champaign color. And despite this, the powers at be will still take the stage and play for me a well conceived video telling me why I love the iphone and why it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. And no, I dont want an android phone. If I did, I would go buy one right now instead of typing this. I'm just venting. Venting because I know that Apple could provide so much more.....but no longer feels compelled to do so.

That's exactly why I left my iPhone in the dust after standing in line and buying the 3G. I wasn't happy with the lack of certain aspects like cut/paste, wallpapers and customization so I left for "greener" pastures. I still agree with you Finn I think Apple needs to step up their game fast as they do only release hardware once a year as opposed to Samsung, what releasing 4 variants of S4 in a two month span.

Coming back to the iPhone last year I am definitely really excited for the new refresh this year and will sell my 5 to get the 5S for full price as I can't upgrade anymore on stupid Verizon to keep my unlimited data.

I really like Apple as a company and I don't want to see them crash and burn.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner