Based on the current rumors, will you be upgrading to the proposed Iphone 5S?

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
With all the buzz about the Apple product market, I'm hoping the design will be different. I'd like to see an iPhone that has the same dimensions as the 5th gen iPod touch. Either way I will support Apple every year, looking forward to seeing the final product.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Happy with my 64GB iPhone 4S, knowing it's getting most of the iOS 7 functionality. Also, with me being out of contract in October, means I may just unlock it from AT&T and hang onto it for now, as I skipped the 5 and don't feel myself wanting.

Having tried a 5 in the Apple Store, I prefer the 3.5" screen on the 4S. I'm also looking at spending my allocated dough on a retina iPad mini, if released of course.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums app

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
"New and improved" doesn't necessarily mean better than what I currently have for me. I don't see a need to upgrade. I have and use a lot of phones and my 4s seems to do everything I need with the least amount of negatives. I'm one of those that appreciates the latest and newest device only when the latest and newest is necessary and more useful to me than my current device. Otherwise, I like a stable device that has proven itself with time. After using other phones, I always appreciate the smaller size, clearer screen and reliability of my iPhone 4s.

I couldn't agree more.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums app

Buck1127

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
They would really need to wow me with the presentation. I am on the fence. A new processor or ram no big deal as my i5 is plenty fast. Now if it came with a bigger screen or a revised LTE radio that let's me do voice and data on VZW then I can justify a new phone. But we will see what Sept 10th in store for us. But based on these specs probably not upgrading

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping to upgrade my 4S to the 5S since I'm running out of room (32 GB isn't enough storage for all my apps/games) so I hope the 128 GB of storage rumors are true. Plus since I'm using the iOS 7 beta currently I've notice that it's more GPU heavy than iOS 6 so my guess is the 5S should have a huge jump in GPU performance compared to the 5 and should have a quad-core CPU. But the keynote will be the decider for me (plus I have to wait for the unlocked version to be available in the apple store since I still have 1 1/3 years left on my current 3 year contract with bell...)

ThomasJL

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to wait & see how iOS7 runs on 4S first. If it's decent I may stay on the 4S for awhile since I really like the design and it has been running flawlessly since launch day.

I don't get all the whining about how the 5S needs to be a big change in design. It's fine the way it is. I like the 5 as well even though I haven't upgraded. It has sexy industrial metal design/styling and it just works...all....the.....time. I guess that gets boring for some people.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am upgrading to the 5S, but I would be anyway. Normally I am all about the newest one, but I had SO MUCH TROUBLE with my 4S after that theft that I had a new one every few weeks, and it just wasn't worth upgrading to the 5 (besides being told not to by both the carrier and Apple) when no one knew what the problem was/is. I am hoping at this point that it's mostly resolved (still no answers) so I can finally upgrade. The 5C, while "cute", doesn't appeal to me, since it's not the same phone aside from the casing. It's possible my coworkers will go that route though with their upgrades. I am pushing that they get newest available if possible.

I am most excited about iOS7 though. Esp the way they took the WebOS style multitasking and used it...FINALLY.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
No. The iPhone has not really improved since iP4 -- Apple has stopped innovating. I will likely upgrade from iP5 to a WP, namely Lumia 1020. Laggy and poorly-made Androids are not an option. It is either an iP (boring but safe) or a Lumia (innovative but MS-bound).

Funny,,,,,, as a former iphone junkie (owned every model) I sold my ip5 and moved to the Note 2 and now have the GS4,,,,, I have not experienced this laggy thing you mentioned at all with my Androids,,,, I have not found them poorly made either,,,,,, I would agree that the iphone 5 feels more premium and better made,,,,, but that does not mean the Note 2 or GS4 is poorly made.

Anyhow,,,,,,, I'm hoping for more than a tiny upgrade with the iPhone 5s or 6,,,,,,with a bigger screen and a nice upgrade and I might come back to iOS.

Cheers
Davyo

stlcheer

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I want to get the gold 5S but it will depend on the cost. I don't want to renew my contract for 2 more years. I want the full discount for iPhone 6.

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
As a newbie to the iPhone I read this thread with interest. All of my previous smartphones were BlackBerry models. I love my iPhone 5 & plan on staying right where I'm at - no need for a 5s. It does so many things my BlackBerry couldn't (i.e. playing videos in Facebook) and yes, there's an app for that...and that, and that too. No need to do a battery pull every night to clear out the cobwebs. ;) I guess I can understand how long term users might be chomping at the bit for something radically different, but my iPhone handles everything I ask it to do and handles it well. Excited for iOS7 and am happy to be part of the Apple family. :)

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I'm upgrading (regardless with how big or small improvements are - I would have gotten the 5, but what's a few more weeks). I have a 3GS (time to change phones it's been 5 years), and I prefer the "S" versions as it is the improved, cleaned up, better of the new current model. Same with cars - I like the facelift models as they weed out all the problems that came with the new design. I never got a 4S, even though I was eligible for upgrade - my 3GS work great when that was out. But people look at me funny now with my "plastic" iphone - they think I have a Samsung Phone, it's insulting.

But if I had an iPhone 5, I would not be upgrading - iOS 7 will be bringing it all to the iPhone 5, and I was happy with my 3GS for years - with Apple products you can be set for a few years with one product and still be contempt.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711