Any idea if 64GB will be the max space?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Before I could see Apple getting rid of the 16GB version before that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

If they were ever to add a 128GB version, I think it would go one of these ways

16GB subsidized $199
32GB subsidized $299
64GB subsidized $399
128GB subsidized $499

or, they would eliminate the 16GB version and start from 32 to 128.

Unless they just make the leap of 32 to 64 to 32 to 128, which I doubt.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I used to say I wanted and would buy an 128GB iPhone but not so much anymore. With all the cloud services in place now ... most importantly for me iTunes Match ... I don't even come close to filling my current 64GB. But then again, I have always purchased the highest memory version iPhone... $100 more to double the memory from one model down always seemed like a no-brainer to me.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I used to say I wanted and would buy an 128GB iPhone but not so much anymore. With all the cloud services in place now ... most importantly for me iTunes Match ... I don't even come close to filling my current 64GB. But then again, I have always purchased the highest memory version iPhone... $100 more to double the memory from one model down always seemed like a no-brainer to me.

I like Cloud services and such and use them. It just sucks considering that I'm on
a tiered plan and like to stream things when I'm away from Wifi. Otherwise I'd be
using a freaking 8GB iPhone 4 or something.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to guess -- with no backing whatsoever -- that if the top of the line goes to 128 GB, the entry-level one will rise to 32 GB.

Like what happened with the latest generation of MacBook Airs.

Are we there yet? Coin-flip. It was with the 4Ses that we saw the last expansion -- first 64 GB model, no 8 GB model.

I sincerely hope so. I'm actually surprised Apple haven't done this already. 16GB on a device nowadays is too small IMHO, especially for a device you are essentially stuck with for 2 years. My mother and kids' mother both have 16GB iPhones and gets down to several GB left before upgrading.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I like Cloud services and such and use them. It just sucks considering that I'm on
a tiered plan and like to stream things when I'm away from Wifi. Otherwise I'd be
using a freaking 8GB iPhone 4 or something.

Exactly - until we see cheap data again (more GB/$) or unlimited data (probably never) - having as much onboard storage as possible is a smart way to go.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If they offer a 128G this time around I'll probably get it, but if not, definitely a 64GB this time. I have like 4GB of my 32 left, and almost all of it is photos and videos. I keep only a short playlist on my phone for music that I use on flights, otherwise I don't listen to music on it much. But I use the camera all the time.

Padron26

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the boat if there's a 128gb version. I have maybe 10apps installed on my ipads and iPhones, but I'm always listening to music.
A 128gb ip5s would be great, I wouldn't have to carry the Seagate wireless plus as much.

It would also be nice if you have alto of flac files.

For the price it shouldn't be to much different from the 64gb cause there is only a $100 difference between the 64 & 128 ipad

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods